• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Big Hero 6' TV Series Set for Disney XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSevere

Big Hero 6 was a great movie and lends itself really well to a TV series format

and the creators of Kim Possible are doing this? it's gonna be amazing

Neoxon

Color me curious. Either way, I see that Disney is kinda building up Disney XD to be the Marvel & Star Wars channel.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I loved the movie aesthetically and conceptually, but the setting and most of the characters were underused, and the villain was nonsensical. A TV show is a great fit for this property, exploring different parts of the city and having Hiro developing bonds with his friends through multiple episodes.

Man. Can't wait for season 2 of TRON: Uprising! (Or the blu-ray of season 1.)

Man, that hurts.

In fairness though, merchandise-fueled action cartoons seem to do quite well on DXD (BH6 certainly has THAT going for it). Uprising and Motorcity also came out when Disney XD had no idea what it wanted to be. I think it'll be okay.

Seems neat, they have made a movie into a show in a long time, or im just forgetting.
I remember the Hercules and Aladdin shows.

Etzer

I liked Kim Possible. I guess it'll be in 2D animation?

Also, Disney XD reminds me of the Hub. The Hub also had good animated shows that no one watched.

Deft Beck

I am optimistic, but I also think back to the other shows that Disney XD buried, such as Tron: Uprising and Motorcity.

Motorcity had so much potential but it got just one season. It needed at least another one.

kirblar

I loved the movie aesthetically and conceptually, but the setting and most of the characters were underused, and the villain was nonsensical. A TV show is a great fit for this property, exploring different parts of the city and having Hiro developing bonds with his friends through multiple episodes.
Yup. Likely preferable to a movie sequel, storytelling wise.

Wish it wasn't backed by Marvel animation. Spider-Man, Avengers, and GotG have all been low intelligence and attention span trash. And yes, that's including non Jeph Loeb efforts.

Wish it wasn't backed by Marvel animation. Spider-Man, Avengers, and GotG have all been low intelligence and attention span trash. And yes, that's including non Jeph Loeb efforts.

But the article says it's being done by WDA not Marvel. Including people who worked on Kim Possible.

I resent them for what they did to my action shows. Tron Uprising and Motorcity. Disney XD right now is like if George Washington caved during the Whiskey Rebellion.

I'll give you Tron Uprising, but I really don't know how you can hate Marvel shows while praising Motorcity. Yeah, it had really slick style, but the writing was "Saturday Morning Action Cartoon 101"

Anyway, just found this on Bob Schooley's (Kim Possible creator) Twitter

For those asking, the new show is a return to our Kim Possible roots in a lot of ways, including gorgeous traditional animation.

So I'm guessing 2D animation confirmed? Get hype!

duckroll

Wonder who will be producing the actual animation. Are there any western animation studios left who do traditional animation with action and effects? Are they going to outsource it to Korea or China? The movie had a lot of anime influence for the action set pieces, so it'll be a shame if the TV series can't replicate that.

Sou Da

Wonder who will be producing the actual animation. Are there any western animation studios left who do traditional animation with action and effects? Are they going to outsource it to Korea or China? The movie had a lot of anime influence for the action set pieces, so it'll be a shame if the TV series can't replicate that.

Titmouse?

It'll probably be outsourced.

kh3_bh6_concept.jpg

So is this also inexplicably canon with Kingodm Hearts 3?

latest

Also, I'm probably not the only one willing to see this just beacuse GoGo Tomago is that cool?

Gravidee

I'll give you Tron Uprising, but I really don't know how you can hate Marvel shows while praising Motorcity. Yeah, it had really slick style, but the writing was "Saturday Morning Action Cartoon 101"

Anyway, just found this on Bob Schooley's (Kim Possible creator) Twitter

So I'm guessing 2D animation confirmed? Get hype!

Maybe it's going to be close to the style we saw in the credits of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom