• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big shipment of PS4 at Target today?

Is the xbone really this bad? I already have a ps4 but I found a sealed day one x1 with ryse and dr3 for 450 and reading threads like this make me question whether or not I should buy it.
We'll find out tomorrow what the situation is, if it has games you want I wouldn't question buying it even if it is on store shelves.

big question is when will the PS camera be available again? In Colombia all Sony stores say they'll receive shipments for both PS4 and accessories until march. :S

Doesn't make the other system bad. But it can give people the idea that maybe one is not as good as the other. That matters if said people can only choose one to buy.

ac8aca120a0d02b7000dec872fdc8269.gif

Honestly never enough opportunity to post highlander gifs sigh

Doc Evils

Is the xbone really this bad? I already have a ps4 but I found a sealed day one x1 with ryse and dr3 for 450 and reading threads like this make me question whether or not I should buy it.

My friend just posted this on facebook, I thought I'd share this on gaf:

8mrMe0h.jpg

In the comments section, he says he hasn't got a PS4 because the games to appeal to him yet, but I think this year when the games start flooding in, he will no doubt jump ship.

I wonder many others are having this frustration and sharing these rants with the average joe.

8mrMe0h.jpg

In the comments section, he says he hasn't got a PS4 because the games to appeal to him yet, but I think this year when the games start flooding in, he will no doubt jump ship.

I wonder many others are having this frustration and sharing these rants with the average joe.
I have no doubt that bad word of mouth about that is spreading around, people hated the same thing about the PS3.

BFIB

Yep, some deals on CL are solid if you're in the market for an XBox One.

Hopefully by the time I jump in a few years down the road, there's a price drop, and some of the issues are ironed out.

Overall though, its not like MS's numbers are bad, especially compared to the Wii U's launch.

8mrMe0h.jpg

PS4 does it in the background?

Initial install takes a minute but the patches can actually download while you play the game.

Fantastic...what a departure from the shitty PS3 updates and load times. And seems like XB1 and PS4 traded places with regards to this as 360 used to be much better than PS3 with load times and installs. Man the way MS screwed up with XB1, would be a good case study for both tech and business schools lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Just went to a local target. No PS4s, but the case of Xbox One's was full with green boxes and a lonely black launch edition. The clerk said people don't want to spend $100 more. Anecdotal, I know.

tomfusion

Neo Member
I see what you're saying WRT to sales numbers coming in too late to make any significant pre-holiday changes, but my point was they may have started making adjustments months before based on pre-order numbers. i.e. "Here it is only August and we already have 1.5M US pre-orders; we should be sure to send them at least 2.5M units by Christmas."

Plus, I'm pretty sure it only takes a container ship about two weeks to reach the US from China and clear customs. Not sure about Europe though.

Yes, I agree that pre-order numbers would most likely be the main influence on shipping destinations from launch through the holidays.

Jomjom

Banned
Holy crap there is an open Day one edition xbox one for 300 near me on craigslist

I should buy it but I must be strong. Guy probably stole it anyways at that price

No I don't think that it's stolen. At that price you're probably gonna get robbed when you show up.

Ambient80

For those anywhere Charleston, WV, there were (not joking) at least 15 PS4's at the Target in Southridge yesterday. Same with XBO's. Clerk said they were all units, not display boxes. I was pretty shocked, as I hadn't seen that many of either system at one place since midnight of their respective launches.

Ambient80

Ah I could buy it now but I shouldn't. Bet I'm going to regret it when I actually buy it

Haha, just check CL again, I'm sure someone will be wanting to sell theirs at a decent price. I ALWAYS meet a seller in public when dealing on CL, tho. Too many weirdos out there, and I don't want to meet some skin suit-wearing psycho in a sketchy area. :p

Haha, just check CL again, I'm sure someone will be wanting to sell theirs at a decent price. I ALWAYS meet a seller in public when dealing on CL, tho. Too many weirdos out there, and I don't want to meet some skin suit-wearing psycho in a sketchy area. :p

Yep I only try to meet people wearing skin suits in starbucks and mcdonalds

Much harder to kidnap me there

I'll have to remember to look for some deals when I do want one

ypo

All right! Day over, and I managed to get updated pictures.

Here's the (lack of) PS4 Numbers.
20140112_144856.jpg

Nothing district wide. The order numbers aren't even necessarily accurate, because they aren't in transit, and the most recent shipment they all received were well over 100 per store. DC for the area lists 124 units. 124! Gah. I know Sony is shipping them all over, but the demand through our stores is clearing us out immediately on availability.

Xbox One, updated from yesterday.
20140112_144838.jpg

Sold about 10 district wide since the last photo I posted. The DC listing on another page is still around 6000 units.

So! Yeah. Again, the weekly sales numbers are not to be taken as gospel, or even sort of an actual metric of what the stores have sold... The use of that number is for adjustments, or End of Life/At Risk product... as in, if you haven't sold one in 3 months, and you have x product, how much needs to be sent back to the warehouse, etc.

One of the other guys was talking about how their DC system works, and ours is similar, the numbers in that screen are not used by our DC teams. They have their own internal metrics and reports that are far more accurate and reflect much more important divisions than our quick reference inventory system.

Cheers! Hope your weekends went well.

EDIT: I removed the original links, but I also edited the info on the original account to keep any identifying information from showing up. I'll make sure it's not an issue with any further info I post.

Am I reading this correctly? There's 0 Xbones being ordered?

How do you confirm that the item is working though? You can't test out the console in a public place unless you bring a TV and have an electric plug available. Do you just have to trust the seller that it's working?

Not sure if this is the place to post, but my Best Buy just got 25 units today(my buddy works there). Not a huge shipment, but may mirror other BBs.

setauket long island.

Yep, with the current stock on hand they have enough for a week or two.
The guy that posted those pics said those weekly averages don't mean what you think they mean. Judging by their sales from last Sunday, the stores likely have enough stock to last nearly three months.

Plus, once they deplete the in-store stock, they have enough in the local distribution center to last an additional thirty months, give or take. So unless there's a surge in sales, it'll be almost three years before they need to order any more from MS.
Obviously, they'll send that unsold stock back to MS long before that.

PS4 install times are much faster since they don't install the full game.

Xbox One does the same thing. It's just that in some cases the game is limited -- and in all cases, updates are usually downloaded first. So FIFA, for example, would only let me play as Real Madrid vs Barcelona (I think) and fuck that. Battlefield 4 installed to playable status in like maybe 10 minutes, and I think the full thing was done was done in like 40.

Now, I'm pretty sure the PS4 lets you play in a matter of seconds, so it's still not as good. But the people saying it takes hours and hours probably have a crappy Internet connection and it's taking ages to download the patches.

alterno69

Banned
Xbox One does the same thing. It's just that in some cases the game is limited -- and in all cases, updates are usually downloaded first. So FIFA, for example, would only let me play as Real Madrid vs Barcelona (I think) and fuck that. Battlefield 4 installed to playable status in like maybe 10 minutes, and I think the full thing was done was done in like 40.

Now, I'm pretty sure the PS4 lets you play in a matter of seconds, so it's still not as good. But the people saying it takes hours and hours probably have a crappy Internet connection and it's taking ages to download the patches.

And? i'ts stupid having to wait for a patch to download before you can play a game, fast or slow.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
Finally...finally! Seen some ps4s in case at my local Meijers . They had 4 in case and 4 xbox ones in case. Zero ps4 accessories. Seen halfway in picture below they do have a dedicated case for ps4 games.

I know walmarts, last I seen as ive said elsewhere, doesn't even look like the ps4 is out...1 row of games shared within the ps3 titles..whilst the xbox one has its own designated showcase. May have changed since ive last been to walmart(try to stay away from em)

Aint seen the Ps4 cameras except at a gamestop....
kdk_0557.jpg

EDIT: Got it

Finally...finally! Seen some ps4s in case at my local Meijers . They had 4 in case and 4 xbox ones in case. Zero ps4 accessories. Seen halfway in picture below they do have a dedicated case for ps4 games.

I know walmarts, last I seen as ive said elsewhere, doesn't even look like the ps4 is out...1 row of games shared within the ps3 titles..whilst the xbox one has its own designated showcase. May have changed since ive last been to walmart(try to stay away from em)

Aint seen the Ps4 cameras except at a gamestop....
kdk_0557.jpg

EDIT: Got it

Is that a sale tag on KZ shadowfall indicating it was reduced from $59.99 to.... $59.99?

Skeff

It doesn't really matter why though, if people are waiting, they're waiting.

How do you confirm that the item is working though? You can't test out the console in a public place unless you bring a TV and have an electric plug available. Do you just have to trust the seller that it's working?

Just make sure that the warranty tabs are intact and even if it's broken MS will replace, not Ideal but at least you're not totally screwed.

Top Bottom