• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Youtuber stealing my concepts ,ideas and video! I'm depressed .

CSJ

Honestly? Compile of list they copied, show that they always do it a few days after you and find somewhere where it'll get attention.
I found what you're talking about and yeah that person has no original ideas.

Last edited:
He is even copying my thumbnails I email youtube support I don't think they will do anything.

check your dm and share your opinion
1. Make a side by side comparison video of both yours and his content.

2. Upload the video to youtube or the very least save a copy on your computer for further evidence.

3. Report and flag his video for copy right infringement. Contact Youtube show them the video comparison so you have proof.

4. Worse comes to worse, lawyer up and possibly file a complaint with the FCC. Having compiled video evidence and DMs will help you in the long run.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
OP i found your problem. You cant even post links to prove your point. This shouldve been a slam dunk post but you took a roundabout way to make your point and then failed to do so.

If you feel like you're in the right then post the youtube videos and no one is gonna ban you for it. worst case scenario you get a warning or a ban, so what? at least you stood up for yourself.

Learn from the other guy, and stick up for yourself. make a video about it with proof and see how it goes. if you have a few dollars to spare, sponser it so it gets recommended to other posters. maybe it will go viral. if this is your livelyhood then you should be prepared to lose some money to save your business.

faisalasif

Sorry ! Everyone I have been working on this matter for days . after a lot arguments and forcing the guy finally agreed to stop copying my videos. Contacting youtube was not helpful at all but I managed to force the guy and threaten him I will take his video down . now he is back out but no sure for how long . It was huge success but It was not possible with neogaf community who supported me through out problem. I'm really thankful to each and every member who stood by my side supported me . I can't thank enough to each and every member of neogaf . Love for everyone .

OP i found your problem. You cant even post links to prove your point. This shouldve been a slam dunk post but you took a roundabout way to make your point and then failed to do so.

If you feel like you're in the right then post the youtube videos and no one is gonna ban you for it. worst case scenario you get a warning or a ban, so what? at least you stood up for yourself.

Learn from the other guy, and stick up for yourself. make a video about it with proof and see how it goes. if you have a few dollars to spare, sponser it so it gets recommended to other posters. maybe it will go viral. if this is your livelyhood then you should be prepared to lose some money to save your business.

Well , There are 25+ video which got copied . I already had a warning that's why I did not post any link but any who was interested to see the links I pmed them . Also I really respect your post . I stood up for myself but posting link won't help . Anyone disliking his video , spamming comment won't bother as many of comment in his video was deleted and he won't let them stay . I also realized that I have to create better content , work hard and think about more unqiue and good idea . Until my channel grows I can't do much as channel with 5K subscribe is not much compare to 378k . But I'm going to work hard bring postive changes to my channel . I will try my best and Improve my content . Thanks again for your support . I will not back down that easily .

Post the link to your channel

Apocryphon

The Ultimate Gamerz channel has the same kind of content going back like 5 years and none of it looks particularly original. His branding is arguably better and he's pumping out more content than you, but yeah, it does look like he copies some of your video ideas and likely the others from somebody else.

That said, none of the video ideas can really be claimed as yours, and even if he was copying the format, structure and content of your videos, there's nothing you can do about it. 80%+ of YouTube videos are copied from the 20% or so of original content creators. How many reaction videos are identical? How many people tried to create Casey Neistat type vlogs with close to identical studio set ups and camera transitions?

Let it go and focus on your content. If it's engaging you will be able to build a brand around it and grow. You probably need to do more than side by side comparisons and playthroughs though and there are literally tens of thousands of people doing the same thing. Do reviews, get a panel together and do a podcast, start live streaming etc and make yourself part of your brand.

...or... alternatively... if you know the guy, cross-collaborate on some stuff and get him to promote your channel too.

OP, you need to level up your game.

Here's an example of a good "side-by-side" compression YouTube channel:

If you don't feel comfortable speaking English in your videos, use text boxes to highlight things, like this guy does:

I can see you're passionate about it. Find some video editing tutorials on udemy.com. You can learn a lot there and for cheap. Work on branding (banner, logo, intro, music). There are hundreds of websites with royalty free assets that you can use.

And most importantly, make your video thumbnail custom. It must be visible in search results and in subscription feed. Check out our own Karak Karak thumbnails. I can spot them from across the living room:

Last edited:

Greedings

I need to take permission from mods because I don't want to break rules . Neogaf is my life and I don't want to get to get banned.
That’s one pretty sad life.

Post the videos, otherwise this is pointless. At least suggest the channel names.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I need to take permission from mods because I don't want to break rules . Neogaf is my life and I don't want to get banned .
140 posts? You mostly lurk?

Nope.

Original:

Copy:

Original:

Copy:

THEY BOTH END WITH Z.

How does the other guy have over 300k subs yet the guy has no fucking views on the videos. This shit is sketchy.

bender

What time is it?
THEY BOTH END WITH Z.

How does the other guy have over 300k subs yet the guy has no fucking views on the videos. This shit is sketchy.

The other guy pumps out more videos. Probably promotes himself better. Both produce videos that are fairly low effort (no offense OP). If you put more thought and effort into each video, the other guy wouldn't be copying him wholesale.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The other guy pumps out more videos. Probably promotes himself better. Both produce videos that are fairly low effort (no offense OP). If you put more thought and effort into each video, the other guy wouldn't be copying him wholesale.
No I meant OP has more views in one of his videos despite having over 60 times the subscribers. (my math is way off) Said videos look like templates though agreed.

bender

What time is it?
No I meant OP has more views in one of his videos despite having over 60 times the subscribers. (my math is way off) Said videos look like templates though agreed.

Oh. OP has 5K subs, his R&C video has 1,586 views. Copycat has 378K subs, his R&C video has 5,497 views. Crysis is 3,344 views for OP, 1,022 for the copycat. No idea. Probably how the video gets ranked in the youtube's search algorithm.

rc-Capture.png

The other guy is quiet a bit further down the list for Crysis (about three screen scrolls).
crysis-Capture.png

Last edited:

faisalasif

lol You guy already posted the video ? ok Let me post more video that he had coped . If anything is against the rule please remove the post . Thanks mods.

there are 25+ video copied I'm just posting few

This is my video :

copied video:

This is my video :

Copied:

This is my video :

Copied:

This is my video :

Copied:

This is my video :

Copied:

This is my video :
https://youtu.be/awAVbqUuPxk

copied video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUMgv1KKkbg

This is my video :

https://youtu.be/EvCOhBxupDM

copied video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGtUzXk6680

This is my video :

copied video:

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
pseudonyms and shadows are your friend but competition is king, my general attitude with this kinda thing is to overwhelm the enemy with superior skill and technique

maybe file to google (impersonation policy) while you kick their ass in the arena

faisalasif

The Ultimate Gamerz channel has the same kind of content going back like 5 years and none of it looks particularly original. His branding is arguably better and he's pumping out more content than you, but yeah, it does look like he copies some of your video ideas and likely the others from somebody else.

That said, none of the video ideas can really be claimed as yours, and even if he was copying the format, structure and content of your videos, there's nothing you can do about it. 80%+ of YouTube videos are copied from the 20% or so of original content creators. How many reaction videos are identical? How many people tried to create Casey Neistat type vlogs with close to identical studio set ups and camera transitions?

Let it go and focus on your content. If it's engaging you will be able to build a brand around it and grow. You probably need to do more than side by side comparisons and playthroughs though and there are literally tens of thousands of people doing the same thing. Do reviews, get a panel together and do a podcast, start live streaming etc and make yourself part of your brand.

...or... alternatively... if you know the guy, cross-collaborate on some stuff and get him to promote your channel too.

Some of the people don't actually understand the point . The "Ultimate Gamerz" had copied almost all my working idea and concept it is above 25+ video but Some of them are older and some he changed thumbnail . I have to put one by one to prove . However he does not copy all of my video one which give him views as soon I start getting views on my video he copies it and than out rank me . An channel with 5k sub get views on his video mean that concept is good so he copies it so he get double the views . In many video he got half a million views copying my concept. Rest are just gameplays which can be done by any gamer but I have to go deep down to prove a point because A normal person won't understand it that easily.

As I said he was my friend I'm the one who actually help him to start his channel(it is hard to believe ) but I still have his dashboard and earning screenshot back in a days which he has send me .

Yoboman

1. Why not push your channel here? Unless there is a rule against it im sure we'd be supportive
2. If its genuinely stolen ideas then make a video calling him out. Youtube drama brings in the clicks, use it to your advantage

pseudonyms and shadows are your friend but competition is king, my general attitude with this kinda thing is to overwhelm the enemy with superior skill and technique

maybe file to google (impersonation policy) while you kick their ass in the arena

Pull out their metaphysical spine and rearrange the vertebrae to say "fuck you" before reinsertion.

faisalasif

1. Why not push your channel here? Unless there is a rule against it im sure we'd be supportive
2. If its genuinely stolen ideas then make a video calling him out. Youtube drama brings in the clicks, use it to your advantage
1: Yes , neogaf is supportive Many people already supported me and subbed to my channel (Really thank to each and every Member) but promoting my channel won't help improving my skills , creativity and Good content . I do share my content on Neogaf but only specific which I think worth to share. If anyone like my content and Want to subscribe to my channel will motivate to create more better content but if they only subscribe because I'm neogaf member it won't help my channel and content .

2:Youtube drama is good and bad at the same time you will get also views and subscribe but remember there will be more people to hate . His fan going to attack my channel , They're going to spam as well . A lot of trolls will go on . The better way is to improve the content and skill instead of drama creation . It won't help to improve any of my skills.

I hope you got my point.

DESTROYA

I know that this might sound like a strange Idea but have you ever thought of working together and sharing whatever monetary compensation you get. You get more subs and he doesn’t have to steal your ideas.

420bits

Yeah but main problem is he only copies my video almost as it is with little or sometimes no change . I do research concept's and video but that guy is completely ripping off all of main concept video which is purely my concept than out rank me on youtube and gain more views . he is not stopping . He copied almost 20+ of my videos and in future he won't leave .

Post a video on your channel about something i dunno, superracist or glorifying pedos and he will do it on his channel and be cancelled.

Also, as someone who also isn't a native English speaker / writer, please, learn how to paragraph.
Your initial post is fucking cancer to read, 1 enter in almost 2000 characters or roughly 400 words.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I wouldn't worry about him. He has lots of subs, but pathetic views on his videos.

Another thing, though. You need better thumbnails, as already mentioned.

Darko

lol You guy already posted the video ? ok Let me post more video that he had coped . If anything is against the rule please remove the post . Thanks mods.

there are 25+ video copied I'm just posting few

This is my video :

copied video:

This is my video :

Copied:

This is my video :

Copied:

This is my video :

Copied:

This is my video :

Copied:

This is my video :
https://youtu.be/awAVbqUuPxk

copied video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUMgv1KKkbg

This is my video :

https://youtu.be/EvCOhBxupDM

copied video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGtUzXk6680

This is my video :

copied video:

Wow he stole your style and ran with it

faisalasif

I know that this might sound like a strange Idea but have you ever thought of working together and sharing whatever monetary compensation you get. You get more subs and he doesn’t have to steal your ideas.

Well , actually that was the plan from the start . Once he reached to 100k he will promote my channel and we both will work together . He also made a promise regarding the promotion of my channel but when he started gaining popularity he pretty much avoid collaboration and preferred solo working . On other hand my channel was not working well . I was not getting much views , subs hardly 3k so altogether I was ignored . So , after start of pandemic I changed my strategy and started working on my unique idea . This boosted my views and subs . Just in 90 days I got Around 1.5 million views and 1.6 subs . His content was failing so he started coping my mine.

Keihart

Yeah, those really don't classify as copies. They are the same type of videos about the same things, both channels seem to be mostly unoriginal content so what gives? If anything, this is competition mostly.

A.Romero

Subbed to your channel.

I think it's very evident they are copying and I understand it's very frustrating.

That said there is not much you can do. It's the nature of the Internet and it always has been. The only option you really have is making content that is harder or impossible to imitate...

dezzy8

I'm kind of depressed and angry at the same time . So , I want to take some suggestion what should I do . In this thread I Will not be promoting anything Just looking for opinion what should I do because I'm too depressed and angry to take any decision . So here is my story that I want to share.

If any one of you saw my previous thread about my channel so I reached 5k sub on my channel .I really worked hard on it and spend day and night to reached to 5k subs . I had to go through some investments and hard work but all went well my effort really worked but consistently A big Youtuber with 378k stealing my content , idea and video . He copies my video ideas as it is with minimum changes different and almost same title . He usually copies my video one that gain views and the concept is very well attractive . In many cases he out perform my video's and my rank get loss and views . Now the guy was friend of mine who I actually teach how to start youtube channel he gain success as he was free and I'm a student to it was pretty hard for me to work with both . I talk to him , also asked him to stop stealing my content but he won't listen . I can't copyright strike since he is coping the concept as it is and making his own video . I insulted him , requested him , tried everything but he is not listening . He knows I can't do anything . Now What Should I do I want to take opinion . I believe in hard work and self-believe but he is pretty much coping all my good idea and won't let my channel grow . I helped him in past I even given many gameplays and idea which got million . He backstab me . It is making me very angry that I can't do anything .

Thank you for taking your time and reading my thread I hope I can get some opinion from you guys .
I agree with the first reply. Fuck your friend up if you can.

Ionian

Doesn't seem like there's anything unique to either channel in terms of standard pre-packaged tool editing.

You did say you showed them so that becomes fair game?

You're both using others work anyway.

GAMETA

Banned
I mean no disrespect, OP, but your videos are just like thousands out there. Your content isn't really original or exclusive in any way, shape or form. Youtube won't side with you because what you're doing isn't really unique, comparison videos are very basic, and from what I've seen, even if he does use the same scenes or whatever, it's all very very basic and obvious (like the Crysis remake, or the Ratchet one).

Work harder on making your stuff yours only, innovative (and I don't see how comparisons would be that), then you'll naturally grow on the platform.

Best of luck, man.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Subscribed bro, looking forward to a lot of great content coming up

The lesson will always be to focus on your own projects and to make sure they do not suffer. You do not own any of that content. Not the gameplay, the pictures, nor the music in any of your videos unless you yourself created any of it, obviously. You had an idea to organize the content (in which you do not own) in a specific way. And your competition copied it. But he merely copied the structure. It's probably infuriating, your situation, but at the end of the day I think Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo ect could shut both of you down (or anyone else for that matter) if they chose to. All vids entire channels probably. Now if you were to add visuals of your own, text, sound effects, and commentary, and he started to steal that...I think there would be a high chance of him paying the price for stealing intellectual property of yours, if you were to present your case of him stealing with irrefutable proof. But as it is, he's just a trifling competitor scratching for crumbs really. You're the creative mind hard at work and will likely have the last laugh if you continue to improve your channel with hard word and dedication. I'm on your side, I fucking hate biters, but at the moment he's just being a little bitch. I don't think he's stolen anything that you could report him for just yet. Maybe you could but who knows, it's more than likely going to be a waste of your time. Until he starts to steal actual intellectual property that you yourself came up with, there's not much of a reason to stray off the path of building your channel

I'll give at least one suggestion as to what you can and probably should do to improve:

-Your need to organize your videos and put them all (if possible) into playlists so that viewers can see the categories easily and watch the videos that interest them with ease. If you don't organize your videos into playlists, you're missing out on a lot of views. One of my favorite channels has so many amazing videos but the guy simply does not have great organization and I have to look through his videos and scroll down endlessly to find a video that interests me at the moment. Only have so much time before I get frustrated and quit, get distracted and don't end up watching his video(s). Had he put them all in playlists (Mario, Zelda, Yoshi, Shadow of the Colossus, Sonic, GTA, Halo, Gears of War, etc) then he would have had any more views from me, at the very least. Most likely many of his subscribers would watch a lot more if he would just categorize all his videos and put the in their rightful playlist. Your competition, Ultimate Gamerz, actually has a lot of playlists while your playlist options are looking pretty meager... That's definitely something that will help you and something you should be working on. I'm not too keen on what makes money on Youtube except for views, but making playlists and organizing your channel in that way should help you gain views by helping your subscribers find videos that interest them quickly and easily

-Adding commentary eventually should help you with views. It allows the viewer to get to know you a little better, opens up discussion, and overall allows others a chance to interact with you and others more as well as learn more. This can only be to your benefit if you go about it right. You don't even have to show yourself, it can just be the commentary. I would say write out what you're going to say in order to stimulate discussion, possibilities, etc. in the minds of your viewers, perfect the elocution of it all until it's good to go and then lay it down over the gameplay and such

-Once you add commentary you could easily sell yourself to your viewers and subscribers / kindly ask for their support. You could tell them at the start and end of your videos very briefly (and tactfully) to like your videos and subscribe if they haven't already, click the little bell icon so they can catch all your content as soon as it comes out. Ask them to share the video with others too, probably a lot more you can do to advertise

Good luck dude, I hope you succeed because I think you're the first and probably only gamer I'll ever subscribe to lmao. You better not let me down MAH BOI

VGEsoterica

I read the entire thread and checked the links...one because curious and two because I teach entertainment business and law at the college level (well I did before my classes were cancelled due to the pandemic...but you know)

While the channel certainly IS copying you, sadly nothing seems to be violating any laws that would be on the books. Critique of media is common and the thumbnails, while incredibly similar, are not assets you created...so he isnt committing copyright infringement by stealing your assets and reusing them. (Considering the thumbnails are comprised of in-game media and press images I'd assume you didn't take)

If you were a large business you could theoretically take the issue up as "consumer confusion"...as in the second channel is using assets that are SO SIMILAR to yours that an average person could be confused as to think they were "doing business" with YOU, when in reality they were "doing business" with the copycat channel. I still wouldn't expect it to hold up in court in front of a judge.

Now if he was using your entire video and just reposting it you might have a claim, but again fair use and critique would be very thorny issues to navigate around. Had you written a whole script and they regurgitated it word for work...then you'd have something.

Unfortunately....legally...not much of a leg to stand on in this instance.

But I get it. I've caught channels using original content I produced...and I always call them on it and demand accreditation of the source material in the comments. I'll let anyone use anything WITH PERMISSION, but I won't tolerate straight poaching.

My best advise is find a niche. I have almost 5K subs on YT, and my shit is really esoteric. Would I grow faster if I covered more mainstream stuff? Maybe...but I picked a lane that was "low traffic" and I stick with it.

But sorry it seems like your videos are getting straight poached. That sucks!

Top Bottom