• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billbil-kun: Second announcement regarding Concord is planned for very soon

Draugoth

Gold Member

A few months ago, we revealed the upcoming arrival of a new announcement for the game Concord . The ad was even ready to be presented during State of Play which took place last January. However, this announcement did not take place for reasons that we do not yet know although we believe it was because of some problems encountered on the PC version.

Despite recent rumors surrounding the arrival of a possible State of Play or PlayStation Showcase during the month of May, we have not yet been able to confirm the holding of such events.

An announcement planned for very soon… for real!
According to the latest information we have been able to obtain, it seems that the second announcement regarding Concord is planned for very soon. We estimate that it will take place within 15 days.

This announcement should introduce at least a portion of the playable characters in the game with a glimpse of the gameplay. Let's also remember that we declared that the game was inspired by the universe of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, following the first elements we had possession of.

The release date of the game is still unknown on our side. We also don't know if the announcement will be made during a PlayStation event or during the Summer Game Fest which will take place on June. We will be sure to update you if we manage to obtain new information.

nial

Gold Member
Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Wait calling their project Concord?
uKVCbh.gif

This is why people don't call their projects "Titanic" or "Space Shuttle Challanger"

I expect this game to crash and burn, I mean can you blame me?

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
It’s meant to be released later this year, so it can’t be too far from a completed state. I’d say I’m intrigued, but not necessarily excited for this one.

uKVCbh.gif

This is why people don't call their projects "Titanic" or "Space Shuttle Challanger"

Sorry good Sir but you fail.

Concord means agreement or harmony between people or groups in English.
Concorde means the same and is the name of the French plane that went down.

The plane was named after an already existing definition. Nothing wrong with using the name....

Now if we were to call this the Hindenburg/ Costa Concordia/ Piper Alpha/Deepwater Horizon or something, yes........

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Since when naughty dog is a French company ?

Edit : did you edit your msg ?

Fk now I have nothing to say ….

Yay I can’t wait I guess

Yeah I did, got confused over it being a french mag link, thought it was the makers website. Sorry dude.

Also it's Firewalk Studios who are Washington based, so I would of called it Flight 93.

Sorry good Sir but you fail.

Concord means agreement or harmony between people or groups.
Concorde is a French plane.

2 different things.

You know this joke is going to be the headline of pretty much every gaming rag when this game fails to take off.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
Yeah I did, got confused over it being a french mag link, thought it was the makers website. Sorry dude.

Also it's Firewalk Studios who are Washington based, so I would of called it Flight 93.

You know this joke is going to be the headline of pretty much every gaming rag when this game fails to take off.
All the reporters who had written their ‘Helldivers 2 takes a nosedive’ articles are standing by.

SirTerry-T

uKVCbh.gif

The Concorde tragedy was a freak accident in all fairness, it was caused by the debris from a previous aircraft using the same runway.
It was as much the fault of the runway crew not checking the runway properly as it was any fault with the aircraft.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The Concorde tragedy was a freak accident in all fairness, it was caused by the debris from a previous aircraft using the same runway.
It was as much the fault of the runway crew not checking the runway properly as it was any fault with the aircraft.

Yeah I know, but the fact the concorde was a very expensive failure that could hardly be used anywhere outside of transatlantic flights because of the sonic booms that devoured fuel with limited capacity still fits. The crash was just the final nail in the coffin of the overengineered baubel.

So you know... I kinda think there's going to be a lot in common with what happens with this game.

Billbil-Kun said the same shit of Concord showing up at the January showcase. And there's no doubt it will be at the upcoming event. Sony already announced in their annual report its releasing this year. This guy don't know shit

And I always thought Firewalk was the best chance for Sony to find success in gaas. They first formed in 2018 and Sony has funded them for many years. Hopefully HD2 being such a success will not force Concord to launch earlier than needed

Last edited:
Titanic was also a freak accident, "unsinkable" plus "maiden voyage" (maybe one inflated afterwards due to the latter and its outcome) make it even more special, but I associate Concord(e) also with its last big press appearances and not that it was together with the Tupolew an interesting engineering achievement, pointless for mass transportation but fun for rather rich people.
Both those terms had meaning before, still averrage people and many gamers too will associate those with the failures, so I would not chose that even if it makes perfect sense, which we might get to know soon?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
January is soon? Very curious to see what this is

He means in the sense that it was expected to be shown at the January SoP but wasn't.

-

On-topic, I have no idea what this game even is, other than it's likely another Live Service game and I don't have much expectations either.

Oh yes and I'm all for it! But my pretentious self just wanted to point this out. Shoot me if unwanted!

nial

Gold Member
Billbil-Kun said the same shit of Concord showing up at the January showcase. And there's no doubt it will be at the upcoming event. Sony already announced in their annual report its releasing this year. This guy don't know shit
Did you forget all the other stuff he got right? billbil-kun still has an unmatched track record, no reason to not believe him.

tmlDan

So from what we know its a shooter, with heroes, gives me OW vibes.

But if its unique it could hit, it just needs to feel good to shoot and kill. Playing xdefiant, the game just lacks a lot of that good feeling when you shoot, it's so weird how all Ubisoft games feel like Ubisoft

Varteras

Gold Member
So from what we know its a shooter, with heroes, gives me OW vibes.

But if its unique it could hit, it just needs to feel good to shoot and kill. Playing xdefiant, the game just lacks a lot of that good feeling when you shoot, it's so weird how all Ubisoft games feel like Ubisoft
A lot of Firewalk are former Bungie, so we can make a reasonable prediction that the gunplay is solid. But yeah, we'll have to wait and see.

It is hard to get hyped for something you know nothing about beyond being sci-fi themed and in space.

The earlier they show anything, the better I guess.

R3EUIL

My seven Helldivers 2 threads were glorious. I flew too close to the sun with the mob.
Are you really excited about this game? In my opinion, of all the GAAS studios that Sony has bought, only Bungie and perhaps Haven Studios have a chance of being successful

T0minator

You will be surprised.
What do you think the gameplay loop will be similar to?

Apex?
Cod?
Destiny?
Halo?
Overwatch?

Or something completely different?

I hope it's realistically stylized and not bland like Fortnite or Overwatch..and gunplay similar to Destiny or something completely different

Killjoy-NL

It’s meant to be released later this year, so it can’t be too far from a completed state. I’d say I’m intrigued, but not necessarily excited for this one.
Same. We basically know fuck all about this game.

What is Firewalk known for anyway?

This is another game where the hype will get to me, make me buy it, play it for 30-40-50 hours and then drop it like a stone.

Happened with Destiny 1 back in the day, happened with Exoprimal, happened with Helldivers 2, I can't do GaaS apparently since I get tired easily by the repetition and grind.

I really want to like these type of games but...

Last edited:

EDMIX

This is another game where the hype will get to me, make buy it, play it for 30-40-50 hours and then drop it like a stone.
I mean sure but, thats pretty fucking good.

Look, not every MP is going to be some 1000 hour thing, thats ok. If you get 30 or 50 hours out of something and then drop it.

It did its job.

You had fun and moved on.

Some times, that is how it is, getting tired after 50 hours of a game isn't bad, really. So many games that I love, if I dropped 50 hours in em, I might be sick of em too lol

Look, i'm at that point in my life where I just want to have fun with games regardless if I play for 20 hours or 1000 hours. I no longer care if I 100% a game, I don't care if I don't beat it, I don't care if I didn't put 100 hours in a MP game, I just don't care any more.

I'll have fun with the game while I can and then move on, but I can't fault the game cause I realize now that some times a game speaks to you, some times a game connects with you more then others and you beat it 5 times, 100% it etc or a MP game you put 500 plus hours in and it stays in your rotation for years, BUT, I can't expect every MP or SP game to be that and I don't fault anyone if they don't make a game like that. Those are once in a life time type games, I can't even say once in a generation...LITEREALLY, we might only came across that type of thing for us a handful of times.

So If I put 50 hours in this game, I'm ok with that. If you enjoyed the 30, 40 or 50 hours of playing those games, thats all that matters.

My young Padawans still have so much to learn. This game is going to do phenomenal for PlayStation.

lol I came here for this! You big up this game so much, yet we don't have much info on it. I'm hype to see what it is, but I think my hype will rise more once we actually see it in action and get a good idea of what it will be. All we know is it will be a scfi MP type game.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What do you think the gameplay loop will be similar to?

Apex?
Cod?
Destiny?
Halo?
Overwatch?

Or something completely different?
I'm anticipating something loosely connected to Tarkov. Extraction shooter elements with a unique (social) take on matchmaking.

It'll be the breakout hit that "came outta nowhere derp" of the 2nd half 2024.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Things got pushed by due to issues on the PC side, huh? Yep! Exactly why PS5 and PC day 1 is so tough. It makes sense for GAAS games, but not single player games.

Top Bottom