• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billbill-kun: Astro Bot is being announced soon

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • The game will be called simply "Astro Bot".
  • Will be revealed within the next 15 days.
  • A part of the game will be set on a desert.
  • There's a new robot character that resembles a fox.

According to reputable insider billbil-kun, a new Astro game, simply titled Astro Bot, will be announced for PS5 within the next 15 days. Part of the game is set in a desert environment, and one of the new characters is a fennec fox in the form of a robot.

Last edited:

Gudji

Lets Go Sport GIF by UFC

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Probably their Summer Games Fest game then. If it's a non-VR game I'll definitely be interested. Close to zero AAA 3D platformers out there.

Fbh

Hopefully VR is optional but it can also be played on a regular screen.
If they can build on the fun and creative gameplay and levels of Astro's Playroom in a larger scale project it should be amazing

The little demo game on PS5 was absolutely awesome...I know it's super PS-hardware focused but I would love to see that on PC alongside this next game that they're developing.

I’m hoping it’s not a 4 hour game

They’ve had 4.5 years to make it

I want a full up 20+ hour platformer

I'd be happy with like... a 12-ish hour story, but lots of post-game and secrets to find and such that can stretch that out longer.

My boys will go bananas for it regardless. Exophase tells me Astro's Playroom has 176 hours of playtime on my PS5, lol. Only about 2.5 of that were from me.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Everybody is gonna love the announcement, but nobody is gonna buy the fucking game and they wont make games like this anymore :(

Look at poor sackboy

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I'd be happy with like... a 12-ish hour story, but lots of post-game and secrets to find and such that can stretch that out longer.

My boys will go bananas for it regardless. Exophase tells me Astro's Playroom has 176 hours of playtime on my PS5, lol. Only about 2.5 of that were from me.
Yeah, I’m just hoping they have enough ideas and variety to fill a full sized game. What made Playroom so good was that every level had some fresh mechanics and it never overstayed its welcome.

As great as the Haptic controller is, Astrobot is still the only game that fully utilized it, which is disappointing. That alone gets me excited

XXL

Most likely buying this either way, but this definitely needs to be a VR title.
Sorry Not Sorry School GIF

I'm glad everyone loved Astro Bot on PS5 (as did I), but it honestly doesn't even come close to the greatness achieved with Astro Bot in VR.

If you don't know, you don't know.

FeralEcho

Jet Jaguar Thumbs Up GIF by annannsart

Good Shit,glad it's not VR. Astro's Playroom still is one of the best games on PS5 in my opinion.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Shall it be the greatest game of mighty Japan this 2024.
Probably their Summer Games Fest game then. If it's a non-VR game I'll definitely be interested. Close to zero AAA 3D platformers out there.
Now that I think about it, it'll definitely be the platformer game with the biggest budget out there.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I hope this is just a 30h long Astro Bot playroom version. No VR, no Story or cut scenes.

Let the worlds tell their stories in gameplay.

Markio128

Gold Member
I hope the soundtrack is just as crazy as Astro’s Playroom. It has the most unique tracks I’ve heard in a game for a long time.

I always imagined a fully fledged Astrobot game using the worlds from some of the most famous Sony games - like GOW, Horizon, GT and Uncharted - each level based on a different PS game. That would be awesome.

I just hope the levels aren’t too cliche. The mention of a desert level doesn’t exactly sound inspiring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom