• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billbill-kun: Astro Bot is being announced soon

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So that's 2 games that will be shown in less than 15 days. This is clearly Sony's E3 like showing, right?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Your schtick is terrible. Get some taste
Its not a schtick. Astro was a cool little game but i'm not going to sit here and pretend like that's why I bought my PS5. Show me the heavy hitters.

This is the equivalent of being super hyped for the latest Pixar movie. Cool little movie, but give me Oppenheimer. Thats why I go to the cinema.

If you don't get that then we are not the same.

Its not a schtick. Astro was a cool little game but i'm not going to sit here and pretend like that's why I bought my PS5. Show me the heavy hitters.

This is the equivalent of being super hyped for the latest Pixar movie. Cool little movie, but give me Oppenheimer. Thats why I go to the cinema.

Yeah give it some blood and guts and realistic “visceral” visuals and that’s all you care about. You’ll even praise a game with no gameplay at all as long as those criteria are met

Pejo

This is the most excited I've been about a first party Sony title in AGES. Astro Bot VR is the best VR game I've ever played, and I'm so sad it never caught on with the masses.

nial

Gold Member
Name one game with no gameplay
IMG-1439.jpg

Goddamn Canadian prices. Even the cheap games are fucking expensive. But I had to buy it. Fuck gamepass, these devs deserve my money for making this kind of game.
James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford Honestly? Ignore him, he's been as bad as this with other games like Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade.
Lol at the Oppenheimer analogy when Hellblade 2 is his GOTY.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
YESSSSSS this is AWESOME news! My PS5 has been collecting dust for the better part of a year now, but that silly little Astro Bot tech demo was my favorite thing on the console by far. Literally all I wanted on the PS5 was a full game.

I absolutely can’t wait! I even hope they inject more Sony fan service in there (though I’m guessing they won’t).

I maintain that the Astro Bot PS5 demo is the most Nintendo thing a Sony studio has ever made. It was a wonderful love letter to Sony fans, and it had fantastic, tight gameplay centered around fun gimmicks, and well-crafted artistic direction. The only downside was its fairly flaccid soundtrack.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

We are definitely not the same.

I play games for good gameplay. That’s what I value most, and it’s becoming ever-increasingly difficult for modern AAA games to excel in that area, especially while juggling realism. Even when the gameplay is good (like in Spider-Man 2), there’s nothing novel about it. Just rote and refined mechanics we’ve all experienced before.

It’s still super fine if that doesn’t appeal to you. Lots of people play games for the graphics and spectacle. Many people play them for the stories and characters. I play games for the gameplay.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I will say this, I think the game does need to be full of references to the rest of PlayStstion, but to a much larger scale. Like the story could be that something got messed up in the Sony timeline, and Astrobot had to go through time, visiting and saving past PS games by entering their worlds. Come on, you know that sounds cool.

The Astrobot series is still in its infancy and its potential is enormous.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford Honestly? Ignore him, he's been as bad as this with other games like Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade.
Lol at the Oppenheimer analogy when Hellblade 2 is his GOTY.
HELLBLADE 2 has gameplay. The combat is phenomenal. It’s actually a game that dares to try something different and not just cave to what the casuals want. No hand holding, it’s short and sweet, no padding, no icons and maps, the focus is purely on the experience. That’s it. Damn right it’s my GOTY so far. What’s yours? Some bland hack and slash anime game? lol

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
HELLBLADE 2 has gameplay. The combat is phenomenal. It’s actually a game that dares to try something different and not just cave to what the casuals want. No hand holding, it’s short and sweet, no padding, no icons and maps, the focus is purely on the experience. That’s it. Damn right it’s my GOTY so far. What’s yours? Some bland hack and slash anime game? lol
Hellblade 2's gameplay is constant walking with some shitty puzzles and combat filling up the playtime. It's fine if you like it, it's not like those types of experiences aren't allowed to exist, but I don't know in what world can something like that constitute as a 'real game', and not Astro's Playroom.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I still haven't gotten around to playing the free Astro Bot game that comes with PS5. I should do that soon.

Top Bottom