• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Binary Domain: Kazuma Kiryu Playable

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
In multiplayer :x

http://andriasang.com/comywp/

Still pretty cool.

Don't think there was a topic made for this, but recently multiplayer modes were announced for the game.

Binary Domain Multiplayer Modes

Sega has provided an update on Binary Domain's multiplayer mode. This first official production from Ryu ga Gotoku Studio includes cooperative and competitive play, with support for up to ten players depending on the mode.

Free For All
Supports 2 to 10 players. Face off against all other players. Defeat an opponent, and your score rises. The player with the top score when time runs out wins.

Team Death Match
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one assuming the role of the government army and one the resistance. The first team to win three of five rounds, with the winner determined by score when time runs out, wins.

Team Survival
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. The first team to win three of five rounds by wiping out the opposing team wins the match.

Operation
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. Each team takes turns on offense and defense. The offensive side attempts to use bombs scattered about the stage to destroy the defensive side's resources.

Data Capture
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. Prior to battle, each team places "data" around their area. You attempt to protect your data while finding and taking the other team's data.

Domain Control
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. Teams switch off between offense and defense. The offensive side attempts to take control of three "points" on the defensive side.

Cooperative Play
Supports 4 players. In this mode, all four players team up to defeat enemy robots. The mode consists of three areas of play (including one in Shibuya), each with 50 rounds. You advance to the next round by defeating all the enemies in the current round. This mode can also be played solo.

Classes said:
In all modes of play, you can select from five classes for your character. Each class has a different look and weapons:

Soldier: Main Weapon is Assault Rifle
Scout: Main Weapon is Sub Machine Gun
Sniper: Main Weapon is Sniper Rifle
Heavy Gunner: Main Weapon is Light Machine Gun
Striker: Main Weapon is Shot Gun

The character's style will change depending on if you're on the resistance of government sides.

Also prior to this reveal it was revealed on segablog that the game would have retailer exclusive DLC in the west. This is where we first heard the game would have multiplayer

http://blogs.sega.com/2011/10/21/binary-domain-pre-order-details/

Today we are happy to announce the first pre-order details for its much anticipated third-person, squad shooter Binary Domain. Everyone who pre-orders Binary Domain at GameStop will receive the “Multiplayer Pack,” featuring an exclusive multiplayer map, a new playable class as well as exclusive weapons.

The “Multiplayer Pack” gives access to the exclusive multiplayer map, “Outside High-rise, Upper City” which can be played across a variety of Binary Domain’s multiplayer modes.

The new playable class, the “Ninja” is also unlocked and offered for both teams; this unique playable character type is perfect for surprise attacks and adapting combat style to the situation. Remember our Ninja facts for real ultimate success!

1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Finally this pre-order pack also contains two exclusive multiplayer weapon types: the “Hoga Type 69” Sniper Rifle for long range annihilation of enemies and the ‘Yamato-0’ Handgun, for more up close and personal work.

Binary Domain is a pioneering third-person squad shooter from the creators of the Yakuza series. Set in near-future Tokyo where climate change has caused many living in the lower city of Tokyo to live in poverty. With a central branching storyline, voice recognition in combat and conversation and AAA shooter mechanics Binary Domain offers something genuinely unique to the genre.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Pretty cool, looking forward to this game.

Also Retro what's your avatar from?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really hope Binary Domain is good. The relationship stuff in the single player looks really cool. Hopefully the game isn't trash.

TreIII

Hm, sounds interesting enough. Though I would've preferred an option to play through the game again with Kiryu as a sort of "EX mode".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Totobeni said:
..it's a Platinum Games game so it's destined to sell like shit everywhere,not even a playable Sonic and nude Miku Hatsune skin and free Phantasy Star UMD can save it.
But it's not a Platinum game.

Totobeni said:
..it's a Platinum Games game so it's destined to sell like shit everywhere,not even a playable Sonic and nude Miku Hatsune skin and free Phantasy Star UMD can save it.

it's a team yakuza game afaik.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Damn even in threads for games they don't even make, people come to shit on how PG's games won't sell. lol

TreIII said:
Hm, sounds interesting enough. Though I would've preferred an option to play through the game again with Kiryu as a sort of "EX mode".

I'm still hoping for Robo Kiryu secret boss

Yuterald

Ugh...all this cooperative and competitive talks has me a bit worried. Binary Domain is like my most wanted game next year. I've become such a Yakuza Team fanboy over the past few years. One thing I LOVE about their games is the ridiculous amount of single player content that is available. I'm not really into cooperative/competitive multiplayer stuff. I just hope that all of this 'content' isn't a replacement for their replay value. It seems to be a trend recently that I am completely turned off by.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yuterald said:
Ugh...all this cooperative and competitive talks has me a bit worried. Binary Domain is like my most wanted game next year. I've become such a Yakuza Team fanboy over the past few years. One thing I LOVE about their games is the ridiculous amount of single player content that is available. I'm not really into cooperative/competitive multiplayer stuff. I just hope that all of this 'content' isn't a replacement for their replay value. It seems to be a trend recently that I am completely turned off by.

Yakuza team guys are hit and miss ,Yakuza 1 was amazing, Yakuza 2 was alright, Yakuza Kenzan was heavenly awesome , Yakuza 3 was good ,Yakuza 4 was very bad.

For Binary Domain as a shooter it look very basic so far so I need to see more/play a demo to get hyped or be sure about it.

GrayFoxPL

Totobeni said:
Yakuza team guys are hit and miss ,Yakuza 1 was amazing, Yakuza 2 was alright, Yakuza Kenzan was heavenly awesome , Yakuza 3 was good ,Yakuza 4 was very bad.

For Binary Domain as a shooter it look very basic so far so I need to see more/play a demo to get hyped or be sure about it.

KGyhB.gif

Riposte

Today we are happy to announce the first pre-order details for its much anticipated third-person, squad shooter Binary Domain. Everyone who pre-orders Binary Domain at GameStop will receive the “Multiplayer Pack,” featuring an exclusive multiplayer map, a new playable class as well as exclusive weapons.

lol that's fucking terrible.

EDIT: Can't put it in words how bored I am of Totobeni talking about Yakuza 4 and its story.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yuterald said:

Judging from the modes it seems pretty tacked on.(basic deathmatch and horde modes)

I'm pretty sure the single player is still the main focus. Seems like they're just trying to hit a bulletpoint for the west.

Still have really high hopes for this game. Like you RGG studio has become one of my favorite developers. Especially excited to see them do something that isn't Yakuza

Yuterald

Totobeni said:

I am in love and obsessed with all of their games, hah! I don't think there is a 'bad' Yakuza game...and Yakuza 4 you thought was very bad? WHAAAT!? That's like my favorite one! I've been playing these games since the original as well and I feel like with each iteration they only get better.

^ Nah, someone with common sense.

Yuterald said:
I've been playing these games since the original as well and I feel like with each iteration they only get better.

I've also been playing them since the beginning (except the imports) and he's right when it comes to 4.

That's enough off-topic, though.

Yuterald

General Shank-a-snatch said:
^ Nah, someone with common sense.

I've also been playing them since the beginning (except the imports) and he's right when it comes to 4.

That's enough off-topic, though.

Uh...wow. I never thought there would be such a thing as Yakuza elitism. I thought I was nuts about the series. Talk about picking the wrong titles to be an elitist snob about. :/

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
_dementia said:
oh, that I'm sure.

I'm definitely willing to give this a try for $10 after the price inevitable price implosion though.

Yes thank you for reminding us every thread we get it

Top Bottom