• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Binary Domain |OT| BUYING THIS GAME IS Not up for Nagoshiation

Just beat the game myself. Easily my GOTY so far. The story > ME3 imho and has a shitload of potential. I have no how the fuck SEGA wasn't able to sell this game, it deserves so much better.

Did the word of mouth sales ever help this game?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The game is having framerate drop on my laptop.

Which version should I get, 360 or ps3?

How bad? The PS3 version gets pretty nasty in some scenes. Probably hovers around 25-30fps for most of the game.

I had some major framerate drops when I played, but it usually involved a lot of smoke, big open areas, or a larger enemy with lots of parts flying off.

The segment in particular that you described was the worst spot that ever hit me when I played through it.

I finished the game a couple of nights ago, it was unbelievably good. I feel kind of bad now for not supporting it from the get go.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out something regarding the endings, so major spoilers ahead.

In the game, the only character that I got to max trust was Faye. So, at the end, the reveal that she was in fact a hybrid affected me more than say if I hadn't had her in my squad at all/regularly. My question, in all the endings, is she always a hybrid? If I hadn't got busy with her, I wouldn't really have cared if she was part robot or if she died, so it makes me wonder how they would go about it.

Thanks.

That part never changes, the only thing max trust would do is get you a saucy scene in the middle of the game.
It did indeed. Thanks for the response, the ending from my perspective was really satisfying.
I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I hadn't had her in my squad the whole time. I will probably dive in again on a harder difficulty and see how it is when I'm not really on her side.

I'm having a problem with the game. It doesn't display properly on my TV.

There are black bars on all sides. I think my TV resolution is set on 1920x1080.

elbzh.jpg

Any clue on how to solve this problem?

I'm having a problem with the game. It doesn't display properly on my TV.

There are black bars on all sides. I think my TV resolution is set on 1920x1080.

elbzh.jpg

Any clue on how to solve this problem?

Go to options...I think it's under display settings, the default setting is oddly that black bar space.

So far the game is really good. Only complain would be the lack of colors. art direction is really slick but maybe too much into the dystopian scifi grey.

Also, I'm french and I can't get enough of Cain. The thing is hilarious

Just finished the game seconds ago (PC), what a great, no AMAZING game. I liked the characters, enjoyed the setting and loved the story! This is gold man, gold.

Edit: I started reading/watching some reviews, man either I am easy to please or these professional journalists really won't allow themselves to enjoy a game. It's 74 on metacritic :S GT gave the game a 6.8 , WTF.

Picked it up recently from Best Buy for 360 after price matching it for $25 from Microsoft store.

I got lucky yesterday and hosted a few matches of FFA. Started with 6, and by the time it ended, had 10. One person suggested going to a new match type, and I invited everyone but unfortunately we had only 5, the rest didn't come. Anyways, it was pretty fun!
Anyone trying to play send me a Friend Request!
nocturnedelight

Just bought that game on a B2G1 deal and I gotta say it's pretty damn fun so far. It seems like it's going to be the kind of game with a very fleshed out story. Playing the 360 version and the framerate is silky smooth all the time. Can't wait to play it again after work :)

stn

Guys...the
Tsar Gunner
. Got any tips? I must have fired 2,000,000,000 rounds at it so far. Its making me hate this game - and I was REALLY liking it right before!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
9.99 daily deal on steam.

bought it on PS3 at launch but I'll try out some of the multi on PC for that price

Guys...the
Tsar Gunner
. Got any tips? I must have fired 2,000,000,000 rounds at it so far. Its making me hate this game - and I was REALLY liking it right before!

Shoot the glowing spots

Bought it, played it, loved it.

I had way more fun with this in solo than the 3 Gears of War together. I'm in Chapter 6, final boss, and so far it's been amazing. My only gripes with it are the voice recognition which is really perfectible, and no co-op.

Question though : are the different endings significantly different or not ? I don't really want to redo the game several times...maybe I'll do it again for the golden ending.

Edgeward

Not really, vague spoiler
some will betray you, others may save someone's life but the major plot points like Faye's betrayal and love for you will always be there.

Woah disapointing endgame story-wise.

Bunch of bigoted teammates.
Big Bo : "You didn't think I was going to shoot you, do you ?" YES I DO SHOOT THE MOTHERFUCKER DAN
Faye Lee acting like a complete retard "I'M ONE OF THE BAD GUYS NOW"
The squad not confirming Faye Lee's death.
Lol robot sex ensuing robot pregnancy of a human. Dan achieved what Joker could only dream of, ha ha
Cain's still awesome though.
Also, to be honest, I expected one of the characters of being a Hollow Child, not...whatever Faye Lee happens to be

Enjoyable game, it would've gained more by having different branching points and endings. Would gladly buy the sequel.

I can't beat the waterski thing with my keyboard (super easy mode) :(
Anyone know where I can get a save past that section, or some way to configure my steam files so I can skip it?

Edgeward

I could chapter select it for you when I get home. Dont know if I get any experience when I do that though or if I start at zero trust, etc.

Just tell me what chapter that is.

I could chapter select it for you when I get home. Dont know if I get any experience when I do that though or if I start at zero trust, etc.

Just tell me what chapter that is.

I think the waterski is in the first part of chapter 2-4, so I think the closest part after that is 2-5.

Edgeward

I am gonna play through it and see if I can get there tonight. I do have the dlc, not sure if that will create an issue if you dont.

If I can't, I will make a quick and dirty chapter skip to that point.

jediyoshi

Enjoyable game, it would've gained more by having different branching points and endings. Would gladly buy the sequel.

So did you actually see the alternate ways the story could be at by the end? There aren't exactly a lot of run of the mill third person shooters that come close to the amount of variation they throw in there for it. It's pretty much only a step down from Mass Effect 2 at some point.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So did you actually see the alternate ways the story could be at by the end? There aren't exactly a lot of run of the mill third person shooters that come close to the amount of variation they throw in there for it. It's pretty much only a step down from Mass Effect 2 at some point.

Isn't there only like, 3?

jett

D-Member
Played it, finished it. Was okay. Story and presentation is the usual japanese craziness filled with over the top melodrama and nonsense. I dug some of the characters even if they all became completely incoherent at the end. The game does have a lot of charming moments. The game presents a couple of halfway interesting ideas and themes but the execution is lulz.

Gameplay-wise the game is fairly rudimentary and I would qualify it as a merely competent. Your AI buddies are completely useless and more often than not they just get in the way. The cinematic/QTE sequences are some seriously horrible crap and I died more in those than in actual shootouts. I liked the enemy destruction, that was really well done, but I just didn't feel that much connection to the shooting proper. It simply feels like a generic dudebro shooter where you just go through the motions. It's not bad though, it's just okay. It does get better the more you upgrade your weapon and the less of a chore and slog the combat becomes. I believe this game would have been much better if it had strayed a bit more from its Gears of War roots and more into Vanquish's territory of utter madness. Run 'n gunning with a shotgun is infinitely more fun in this game than eternally staying behind cover. :p

I give mad props to the team in charge of the PC port, ran beautifully on my aging machine. I really appreciate a smooth, hitch-free performance. These days PC ports can be such garbage. I was really impressed how all the real-time cut-scenes started without any loading whatsoever, even when they cut between completely different environments. A truly excellent job.

Btw...
did the developers just forget about Cain at the end? :p

jett

D-Member
Your loyalty was not high enough

I had that character maxxed out. Whatever though, I checked out the allegedly "good" ending and I believe I prefer the one I got. My team turned into quite the racist douchelords at the end, wouldn't have been pissed if all of them had died. :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
you have to have everyone on very high for him to come back

since him showing up is the only thing that differentiates the "good" ending from the next one down.

The only possible endings are Good
Everyone lives
Bad
Bo dies
and Worst
Bo betrays you and Rachel dies

Extremely disappointing after how the impact trust and who you choose to take on missions impacting the story was hyped up pre-release

I knew it wouldn't live up to the expectations of a system like that, but it seems like the game didn't even try to with how little trust actually matters and how limited your actual team choice is after the first few missions

I'm on my way to finishing this game the third time (Xbox 360), really digging it. It goes quickly skipping cutscenes and moving forward with a purpose--which team mates usually like anyway.

First time was on Survivor, complete focus on Faye as main team mate, so the whole Dan/Faye thing really came together very nicely. Other characters I had moderate trust with but not enough, so at the end
Big Bo had to be fought, Rachael took the hit for Faye
. Fixed part of that on second run, No Mercy mode, but still not the best ending, where
Bo takes the hit

Now, relaxing on a Normal run, everyone is or will be very high/maxed, finally including the ever-hilarious Cain. Stopped as about to enter 5-1, looking forward to the "best" ending.

jediyoshi

The only possible endings are Good
Everyone lives
Bad
Bo dies
and Worst
Bo betrays you and Rachel dies

Rest of the crew can bite it. My Cain didn't make it, although if it's set up in a such a way, he can also be the one to take the shot for Faye as Big Bo did.

Why am I bumping this?

Cause I'm re-downloading my STEAM copy and I'm excited.

This was a highly underated game. A new version would be amazing on the PS4.

Donos

Got this through PS+ and wow what a nice suprise, really good game. I'm having more fun than with Vanquish. Also lol i just was browsing gaf while i was in a level and after a few minutes
Cain starts doing the robot dance with proper music.
Had a good laugh.

TaroYamada

hrm...good to know, I've always wanted to take advantage of the multiplayer, thanks!

I played three rounds of invasion today + three rounds of team survival (team deathmatch but where if you die you have to wait for the next round to respawn). It's been a bit more active lately due to the summer break but even when it's not a break the weekends usually have matches.

Lots of fun to be had, if you want you can add me on Steam. It's usually me or another guy who are in charge of organizing the matches.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
LTTP on this one but I'm on the last boss and have a question. Am I supposed to be shooting the barrels on his back or just his body? I'm playing on hard difficulty and the guy takes a ton of damage and I'm not sure I'm hitting him in the right place. Thanks!

Edit: NVM, beat him. It doesn't seem like you need to shoot the barrels.

The pc version scored ~10% worse than the console releases, is this just due to poor mouse and keyboard support? I could but this for ps3 or pc (and use x360 pad). What shall I go for?

Top Bottom