• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock demo impressions SPOILERS (also Bioshock leaked at Toys R Us)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Saint Gregory said:
Dammit, I'm in D.C. and I don't remember seeing a TRU anywhere within a 25 mile radius.

It's going to be an agonizing 8 days....
There's one a few blocks from me here in Rockville but no PC version = I can't play.

Eric WK

If you get a chance, skillz, could you take a picture or something of your receipt (with any personal info blacked out, of course)? Some of us may be able to convince Gamestop or other retailers to give it to us early if we can show proof that the street date's been broken.

i'm going to be here tonight. i want your impressions in the official thread plz. this is demo thread. full game impressions in official thread. (we need more people posting there guys come on!)

sphinx

the piano man
wow, TRU went 1 whole week ahead from the actual release date!!

couldn't they get sued by someone? 2k or microsoft or something?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
traveler said:
Wow, you're one lucky dude. Has anyone else called to see if their local TRU are similarly generous?

I've got a feelin a lot of Texas TRU's are gonna get a buttload of calls about this one.

Danielsan

What bugs me even more than the fact that dskillzhtown got it early is that these games are apparently already in stores lying around waiting for the streetdate to hit. I say do something unheard of, make the official release now instead of the 21st/24th. That would sure be something else compared to all these games getting delayed.

Dont stores do this sometimes? My friend was able to get NCAA Football a week early as well. Sucks for him though as there was 0 players online. :lol

Sharp said:
There's one a few blocks from me here in Rockville but no PC version = I can't play.

I forgot about that one too. I think I can hop on the metro to that one tommorow during lunch. I wonder if I should call though, I'd hate to tip them off them that they're selling it early.

Eric WK

Danielsan said:
What bugs me even more than the fact that dskillzhtown got it early is that these games are apparently already in stores lying around waiting for the streetdate to hit. I say do something unheard of, make the official release now instead of the 21st/24th. That would sure be something else compared to all these games getting delayed.

Honestly. There's already a thread about it on the Cult of Rapture forums.

The chances of getting a street date changed are probably nil, but a little grassroots campaign never hurt anyone.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
UncleGuito said:
According to CAG, lots of stores around NYC and NJ have them in stock.

If I didnt have the CE on pre-order I'd head out right now.

Ughhh :(

MMaRsu

Banned
UncleGuito said:
Same here. Doesn't look like any stores near Detroit, MI. have them in stock.

They always say that, just say you're from 2kgames and you'd like to talk to the manager, and tell them to start sellin!

Does anyone know if they'd lie to me about it if I called over the phone?

Fallout-NL said:
What's the point of having these streetdates anyway? They like having high sales figures on day 1?

They want to ensure complete saturation, both for different retailers and individual stores. They also want the advertising to coincide with the date, they might have a blowout of ads in the week preceding release.

Danielsan

Fallout-NL said:
What's the point of having these streetdates anyway? They like having high sales figures on day 1?
I guess... what bugs me the most though is that us Dutchies have to wait an additional 3 days for no fucking reason, the game is done and it seems the bloody things have already been shipped to retailer. Atleast give it to me the same day as the USA.

caldazar

Fallout-NL said:

It's impossible to ship enough to everyone at once - if people sold stuff as soon as they got it, certain stores would be pissed that they received shipments before another store, which could be a headache most publishers don't want to deal with.

GhaleonEB

AstroLad said:
wtf why hasnt liongames shipped my order yet!!!/
Because it doesn't come out for a full week yet. Seven days. On hundred and sixty eight hours, during which he'll be reveling in Bioshock goodness, and you won't. :(

I paid my pre-order off in full today. It's going to be a long week.

If anyone lives near Greenwood, IN, some guy from CAG picked up a copy from their store earlier.

The Staten Island store definitely has it too, as of earlier.

Eric WK

GhaleonEB said:
Because it doesn't come out for a full week yet. Seven days. On hundred and sixty eight hours, during which he'll be reveling in Bioshock goodness, and you won't. :(

You stop that. Right now.

Danielsan said:
I guess... what bugs me the most though is that us Dutchies have to wait an additional 3 days for no fucking reason, the game is done and it seems the bloody things have already been shipped to retailer. Atleast give it to me the same day as the USA.

If it's true that these games are already physically present in Europe, that'd be the only morally sound thing to do.

After listening to "Celebrate Good Times" for 10 minutes, I can confirmed that the TRU in my area does not have Bioshock in. I haven't bought a next gen game since February. :(

dskillzhtown said:
Seeing as my Premium is sitting at a repair shop, I went out and bought an Elite today. Been in all the broken 360 threads talking about it. So I haven't been on in a couple of weeks. Maybe this will prove it to you doubting Thomases -

1119039499_e27c3a5d83.jpg

Or better yet, look at my gamertag in a couple of hours.

You are officially most hated person on GAF. Plus you got it for 50% off.

6gb2kpj.gif

Bay Shore TRU ain't doin it.

He told me the release date was next week, I said some stores were breaking date, he mumbled something negative. I think they have them in stock, but aren't selling them.

MMaRsu

Banned
Danielsan said:

Well I know i'm going to stores next monday..I'm sure they'll get it in by then. I used to work for Dynabyte and we got alot of games in early before streetdate...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
traveler said:
How do you track?

Actually, I'm not sure. Never ordered from them before. If they ship on the release date and I get it a few days later I'll be content.

Irony is I'm in NYC right now and headed to NJ this evening so I'll probably pass by God-knows-how-many stores that carry it, but it doesn't perturb me too much.

The nearest Toys R Us is 60 miles away :( But, my Target usually has games on the shelves before they release, but they have those orange "do not sell until */*/**" stickers on them. I wonder if they would open the glass case for me to "browse" at the 360 games and I rip the thing off and buy it. Is that illegal?

caldazar said:
It's impossible to ship enough to everyone at once - if people sold stuff as soon as they got it, certain stores would be pissed that they received shipments before another store, which could be a headache most publishers don't want to deal with.

Ah yes, that makes sense.

Eric WK

Secks4Food said:
The nearest Toys R Us is 60 miles away :( But, my Target usually has games on the shelves before they release, but they have those orange "do not sell until */*/**" stickers on them. I wonder if they would open the glass case for me to "browse" at the 360 games and I rip the thing off and buy it. Is that illegal?

No, but I wouldn't blame you for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom