• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea |OT| Episode One

Mondy

Banned
1355531670525.gif

Day one, I shall be going back to Rapture.

aett

BAS looks to be a really good bit of DLC, but I think I'm going to wait for a sale. I bought BI on a whim at launch and, while I really liked it, I felt pretty silly seeing go on sale for as low as $10 barely six months later. Fortunately, I'm still in the middle of playing a few other games at the moment.

Anyone play Bio Inf. with Move on PS3? I played it through on 360, but am one of "those" people that found it depressingly disappointing all around.

After loving Resistance 3 and KZ3 with Move about a month ago, I am thinking of giving the game another shot with this DLC on PS3 instead of continuing on 360. I mean even those games had issues, but I really adored the pointer controls which engaged me far more than the bits I tried of each with a controller.

Just general thoughts since I know the fundamental flaws in AI, gunplay, etc... aren't going to be altered, but is support half-baked, or full featured in terms of customization and settings?

I played through all of Bioshock Infinite with the Move. Honestly, it was fantastic.

Controls were great. The pointing functionality worked really well and there isn't any oddly chosen button mapping either. It just felt good. I think the best thing about it is just being able to move around while looking and aiming freely, much like in Killzone 3. It kind of freed up everything and made it easier to use different powers more often as the ability on our end to move the crosshair around a lot faster allows you to do much more.

I played with absolutely no deadzone or bounding box. Hard to go back to the controller after using the Move.

Finished Infinite for the fourth time on hard in preparation for BAS.

That last battle, with upgraded krows and COVERING the siphon with RTS traps, made that battle incredibly easy.

I finished it in about 7-9 mins, without the siphon taking a hit. Taking down the zeppelins by yourself is a must.

Milchjon

Will I have any chance of understanding the story if i remember NOTHING about the first Bioshock and none of the intricacies of BI?

It's £16 on XBL...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I can safely say they raised the price to be more in line with the other region pricing I suppose. I'm hoping some people managed to grab it at the previous price.

Can anyone check the American pricing for me at all, see it that's still correct?

Mondy

Banned
Will I have any chance of understanding the story if i remember NOTHING about the first Bioshock and none of the intricacies of BI?

The story is deeply disconnected from the first Bioshock. In fact, it is more in line with Infinite.

Just bought the season pass, would be idiotic to buy separate both story DLC's only without City in the Clouds for 10 euros more.

Can't wait. Bioshock Infinite is my GOTY.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I can safely say they raised the price to be more in line with the other region pricing I suppose. I'm hoping some people managed to grab it at the previous price.

Can anyone check the American pricing for me at all, see it that's still correct?

They did indeed raise the price. I'm almost positive I £13.49 for it, will check my transaction history when I get home to confirm.

Moff

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of combat.
dont get me wrong, combat was probably the worst part of infinite (and I loved that game)
but a whole episode witthout combat might feel a bit thin.

It depends. While it takes place in Rapture, so some of Rapture's background will be beneficial, it is very likely to provide detail itself so as not to alienate buyers who cannot remember the original. The primary storyline seems very unlikely to intersect significantly with the original Bioshock (maybe some aspects of the side stories will be present) and I would imagine you'll be fine without it.

Regarding Infinite, again, it really depends on how it ties into the main narrative, whether they just go with 'it's an alternative timeline', if it intersects with the "Sally" in the main narrative, or if it is something else entirely. I would think that this will be much more important than knowledge of Bioshock but I wouldn't worry too much about it; the broad outlines are probably enough.

If you're aware that, the Bioshock universe is a multiverse, Elizabeth can open rifts to other multiverses. and Elizabeth is Booker's daughter. I would think you have the most essential pieces of the storyline. The Luteces may also have some relevancy. You may miss some details without remembering some points, depending on how much this and the main game intersects, but I think you'll be fine for the primary plot at the very least, and probably the vast majority of the content.

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of combat.
dont get me wrong, combat was probably the worst part of infinite (and I loved that game)
but a whole episode witthout combat might feel a bit thin.

Just to clarify, half (maybe slightly more) of episode one will contain zero combat.

I'm trying to talk myself into buying the season pass. I know I'm going to want to buy both the SP DLCs, so it makes the most sense to buy the season pass to save $10. On the other hand, I dislike season passes in general... But... I know what I'm getting with this one at least. I was hoping for some sale or discount/coupon for the DLC, but I think I missed them.

Melchiah

“One of the things I’m most excited for in the first DLC is that the first half of it has no combat,” Levine teased. It’s just playing in that world, you know, the Rapture you’d never really seen before, and watching Booker and Elizabeth use their wits to solve a problem and just soak in the atmosphere."

I think I'm going to like this DLC.

wait, this is out so soon????

i was expecting 2014 :S

shouldnt have sold it.

or should have rebought it when walmart had it for 15 dollars :p

Wondrous OT, Elzar!

My internet connection sucks, so I'm gonna have to get up early in the morning to download this if I want to play it on Tuesday. It's going to take hours to download.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lizzy looks pretty hot.

This DLC has no hype!

I blame you, Elzar.

I've never seen any hype for DLC ever this gen.

Although, this might become an under appreciated gem.

Apparently, the ending will question the very fabric of time and space.

Or something similiar. :p

^Dammit JC, you know you love me.

I've never seen any hype for DLC ever this gen.

Although, this might become an under appreciated gem.

Apparently, the ending will question the very fabric of time and space.

Or something similiar. :p

^Dammit JC, you know you love me.

That's boring. Elzar you're boring. No more OTs for you.

Alchemy

Was hoping this would come out earlier so I had something to hold me over until the PS4 comes out, now I have to race through this in two days. Still can't wait, love BioShock.

Anybody going to wait for the inevitable next gen release? I have a feeling all DLC and main game will be available in some sort of GOTY edition soon.

bengraven

I literally just finished BI and I am basically destroyed right now, emotionally.

I didn't want it to end, I really grew to love Elizabeth. I already knew the twists from the constant fucking spoilers (fuck you Twitter), so I literally knew every major part, but the trip, the way the characters reacted to the spoiled plot development.

What a fantastic story. Easily beat RDR as my favorite story of this generation now (RDR is still my favorite game all around though).

I really didn't want to leave Elizabeth, so I'm glad this BaS Liz is ours.

Now who the fuck is this Booker?

And why do I keep wanting to watch Oldboy...

Question: Is the save system in the DLC like Infinite or BioShock 1 and 2? I don't want to have to deal with Infinite's checkpoint system again...

Top Bottom