• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

Irrational's community manager has already posted in this very thread saying that it is $15 each.

Edit: For your viewing pleasure:

Thanks. They better be packed full of content at that price, and not just overpriced to make it look like you're saving a lot of money on the pass.

Horde mode actually sounds fun, considering how much fun the gameplay in Infinite was. Too bad I'm strapped for cash for the next few weeks.

Gartooth

I'm loving this horde mode, so much stuff to unlock it's crazy. I can't find any voxophones though.

One issue is how hard the waves get, but I guess that's understandable. I can finish them all but getting the blue ribbons on later levels is hard as hell. If you die you cab either start from wave 1 again or continue on the wave you're on and automatically forfeit the ribbon.

Well worth the $5 though that's for sure.

There is a tear that opens in the museum section after you buy the Lutece twins models. It will take you to an area with the voxophones if you search for them.

afoni

Banned
From Levine's twitter:

2Kr8z.jpg

Hey look, she still has a thimble on her finger. How funny.

Haha.

Ha

Is there more stuff like this? If this horde mode is packed with really good, Valve-style, behind the scenes stuff I may actually have to pick it up.
There's more but not packed to the brim, but it's got some collectibles.
Four full versions of anachronistic music, some behinds the scenes videos, some models, concept art... I wish they had commentary for the game.

Definitely down for Burial at Sea. Not interested in the horde stuff. It's a mode I haven't really played outside of Left4Dead and I'm already sick of it.

Himself

Irrational's community manager has already posted in this very thread saying that it is $15 each.

Edit: For your viewing pleasure:

Thanks. Off to the Playstation Store I guess. I've only bought two pieces of DLC (Wipeout Fury, New Super Luigi U) this generation so I'm putting a lot of faith in Ken and Co. to kill it.

Yerolo

Like others here, I'm a little dismayed that they couldn't try something new or tell a new story in Columbia. We've already had 2 Bioshock games set in Rapture, but im sure it will still be good.

Gartooth

Well, it's not the same Elizabeth, so it's weird that her finger is cut off. They'll have to come up with a new reason for it. UNLESS it's the same Elizabeth, but a different Dewitt.

No way it's the same Elizabeth unless she went into Rapture via a tear, otherwise she would be well into her 50's at the time of Rapture.

Sorian

Banned
No way it's the same Elizabeth unless she went into Rapture via a tear, otherwise she would be well into her 50's at the time of Rapture.

You say that likes its so impossible.
Of course she would open a tear to go to rapture. Time Lord and all that

Gartooth

You say that likes its so impossible.
Of course she would open a tear to go to rapture. Time Lord and all that

Yeah it was one of those things that as I typed out how she would be too old, I realized that she could just open a tear. :p

I'm just going to pretend like the first DLC didn't happen lol.

Hyped for Burial at Sea though! Will play through Bioshock 1 + 2 in anticipation of it.

The violence debate would have been reborn and actually justified by such a stupid move.

Yeah, it wouldn't made any sense for them to do it. I just thought that was a really good scene and wonder what they could do with that world. I like the pre-destroyed Rapture idea though

Slime

Banned
As cool as a Booker and Elizabeth noir detective story is...I'm pretty disappointed. I'm over Rapture, and wanted to see another story set in Columbia. Shame one of the packs was wasted on horde mode of all things, and Burial at Sea was split in two. I'm glad I never got a season pass.

I agree in a world of infinite possibilities returning to Rapture is a bit limited. But, like I said if it were set in Columbia we'd have to play as an alternate DeWitt, such as the one who was killed fighting for the Vox Populi. And that wouldn't be as intriguing as a DeWitt in a totally "new" setting.

Kinda wish that it was set in NY though.

Yea I didn't wanna c where that whole vox populi thing was going. But when u say NY, see that's creative & different. Fits n with the story, thats gold right there

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, this is looking amazing. This shall be glorious. I bet that somehow Booker and Elizabeth are going to be responsible for Rapture's fall.

Neiteio

What's all this debate over the pinky?
There are infinite numbers of Elizabeths that had their finger chopped off. Once the initial baby went through the tear and caused the universe to go stir-crazy, there were infinite realities spinning off of that version of Elizabeth, too. I bet you all of the Elizabeths that appear to drown Booker at the end of Infinite were missing their pinky fingers and had time-space powers.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Yea I didn't wanna c where that whole vox populi thing was going. But when u say NY, see that's creative & different. Fits n with the story, thats gold right there

NY and noir, what could be better right? See, I'm kinda hoping that this DLC is less combat heavy as past BioShock games. I want a noir story that's about investigation and exploration, and less so much shooting everything in sight.

I'm on PC and after downloading the last 2 patches, I get this message when I load up the game, "The following downloadable content can not be found: Bioshock Infinite Season Pass. Save data may be missing." Is anyone else getting this?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
What's all this debate over the pinky?
There are infinite numbers of Elizabeths that had their finger chopped off. Once the initial baby went through the tear and caused the universe to go stir-crazy, there were infinite realities spinning off of that version of Elizabeth, too. I bet you all of the Elizabeths that appear to drown Booker at the end of Infinite were missing their pinky fingers and had time-space powers.

This.

Burial At Sea sounds fucking AMAZING.

I just bought the season pass, this sold me. I was holding out until now.
No new assets if that's what you're getting at. Just mini arenas using the assets from the main game.

I wonder what the fuck is in this FIVE GIGABYTES that I'm downloading then.

Zinthar

I'm on PC and after downloading the last 2 patches, I get this message when I load up the game, "The following downloadable content can not be found: Bioshock Infinite Season Pass. Save data may be missing." Is anyone else getting this?

Strange. I don't have the pass yet so I can't comment. Did you try verifying the integrity of the game cache?

Sethista

I get the sense the Burial at Sea really needs the time to be fully polished. It looks like an absolutely massive piece of DLC - a two-parter who will end up costing 50% of the base game. If that's representative of content length at equal quality - we're in for one hell of a treat.

Clash however, looks pretty easy to put together. No new assets, little-to-no new voicework, just some redesigned maps & a new scorekeeping system. Not to say I'm not excited (I actually liked Infinite's combat, the heathen that I am) - but it clearly took less work than Burial.

Yes, the more time they take with it the better, really. If they have it be as polished and the writing as good as the main game was, and minerva's den, its already worth it in spades. I just wish all DLCs were story oriented, that's what keep making me come back to te franchise. but o well, money, business and all that jazz.

Sethista

Deserved it. Never buy the season pass.

I bought it and I wast dissapointed. We basically got clash in the clouds for free, which granted is not the best idea for a DLC, I really hoped they would do 3 story centric DLCs, and I dont mind waiting for burial at sea, the longer they take with it more polished it will be. If people want burial, I suggest they get the season pass. Its cheaper for more content. Cant go wrong with it really.

Burial At Sea sounds fucking AMAZING.

I just bought the season pass, this sold me. I was holding out until now.

I wonder what the fuck is in this FIVE GIGABYTES that I'm downloading then.

Especially considering the main game is 6GB, that is really strange.

I have the season pass, but I'm not even sure if I'll bother DLing Clash in the Clouds unless the impressions are super positive. Eurogamer's review was not a ringing endorsement.

vg260

Man, they really got boned by people (myself included) that hate hearing about DLC so close to launch... I feel like the time to cash in on BioShock fever was before TLOU and E3. I liked me some BioShock: Infinite, but I won't be going back for the DLC, sadly. That ship has sailed...

This is exactly the predicament people need to consider when looking at the DLC situation. The window of opportunity is typically very small.

Kinyou

So after the burial at the sea two parter we'll get no more dlcs? Would make me a bit sad because infinites potential for interesting dlc seems.... Well infinite

Also what exactly is the pricing for burial at sea, 15$ for both or 15 for each episode?

RalchAC

This is exactly the predicament people need to consider when looking at the DLC situation. The window of opportunity is typically very small.

I think Clash in the Clouds should have been released in late May or early June. But I loved Bioshock Infinite and I would probably bought its season pass when I finish Tales of Xillia and want some bang-bang love lol.

However, I would love some DLCs explaining what happened exactly in the universe where DeWitt befriends Fitzroy and Slate and dies for the sake of the revolution. Well... if the Vita game exists (lol) and isn't a full new game, it could be a nice spin-off.

I think these DLCs will explain us why Booker was able to use the batispheres in BI epilogue. And making the second part like a survival horror would be nice. Bioshock was creepy in some parts, but I get use to the dark atmosphere pretty quickly.

RedStep

So glad I did not buy the season pass. Minus a few exceptions--well, just Borderlands 2 really--season passes are proving to be such a disastrous industry practice. I'm not sure why many consumers continue to engage in buying unknown content sight unseen.

What? How on Earth is this bad, let alone disastrous? Do you know what a disaster is?

You may not be a fan, that's your right, but I knew what I was getting (in concept) and I'm happy with what that turned out to be and saving a few bucks on it. What's the problem?

Fjordson

I'm super hyped to go back to Rapture. Especially to see it before its complete downfall. I mean I never expected them to build a totally new city for DLC, and while I really enjoyed Columbia, it never captured me like Rapture did.

$15 per episode or $20 for the season pass.
Hmm. Might have to buy the season pass if that's the case.

Top Bottom