• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

BumRush

I'm about an hour in...and I know that isn't much...but so far i LOVE the setting, the gun-play feels tight (PS3) and the story is intriguing. I don't want to read through this thread (spoilers) but what exactly is it about the game that people didn't like????

I'm about an hour in...and I know that isn't much...but so far i LOVE the setting, the gun-play feels tight (PS3) and the story is intriguing. I don't want to read through this thread (spoilers) but what exactly is it about the game that people didn't like????

Those people are heathens.

I was going to type up a few bullet points, but Matt Lees sums it up pretty well for me. Warning, spoilers in the video, best to watch after you finish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc15KgfNJsw

NEO0MJ

Need a bit of help with part of the game.

I'm not at the part where you're at the graveyard and have to fight that ghost. She's giving me a hard time as I keep getting overwhelmed by her troops and quickly run out of ammo/salt/health. Any tips for that fight?

Deku Tree

Need a bit of help with part of the game.

I'm not at the part where you're at the graveyard and have to fight that ghost. She's giving me a hard time as I keep getting overwhelmed by her troops and quickly run out of ammo/salt/health. Any tips for that fight?

That one is hard... Search online for the Lady Comstock fight. There are several strategies on YouTube that make it into one of the easiest boss fights in the whole game.

Montresor

Yesterday i played the first five minutes of Burial At Sea. I lit Elizabeth's cigarette, followed her out of DeWitt's office and went up an elevator. *Autosaving* appeared so i turned the 360 off to go to bed.

I resume today and Elizabeth is nowhere to be found. Strange. I spent the next hour slowly exploring the dozen or so rooms. I love the world Levine has built. It feels like like Ive explored everything on my own so I finally follow the guide marker to Cohen's place. I knock the door, they say Im not from the right business and then I'm stuck and cant friggin move.

Any known fix for this? I guess I can just restart since all all I did was find some audio logs and explore small shops... Boo.

Deku Tree

Yesterday i played the first five minutes of Burial At Sea. I lit Elizabeth's cigarette, followed her out of DeWitt's office and went up an elevator. *Autosaving* appeared so i turned the 360 off to go to bed.

I resume today and Elizabeth is nowhere to be found. Strange. I spent the next hour slowly exploring the dozen or so rooms. I love the world Levine has built. It feels like like Ive explored everything on my own so I finally follow the guide marker to Cohen's place. I knock the door, they say Im not from the right business and then I'm stuck and cant friggin move.

Any known fix for this? I guess I can just restart since all all I did was find some audio logs and explore small shops... Boo.

That happened to me before in a different part of the game. Sometimes you can wiggle your way out of it. Other times you just got a restart.

Tomodachi

Sorry to hear about the glitch, but if you have to restart just go to
Cohen's
first and re-explore the area later, you'll get why as soon as you do.

Montresor

Thanks guys. No way i could wriggle out of it. The game is programmed to wait for Elizabeth to
lie about what company she is with right after the Cohen doorman refuses Booker entry into the garden of the muses. Then I can go and search for an invitation mask
. But my Elizabeth disappeared, so I was stuck there, in front of the door, with no way to back away from the door. I restarted, no biggie, but I'm scared to turn off my system now... I hope Elizabeth permanently disappearing is not an easily reproducible bug.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Infinite doors to infinite universes. Bet the Luteces never saw this door coming...

KjzVMuk.png

I've finally fired this up despite having it since launch. I'm at chapter 8, I think. On 1999 mode. Enjoying it so far. Despite the setting, it's creepy and my wife agrees. It's like a bro conservative religious fanatic's heaven take to the extreme.

Deku Tree

Holyshit... it's possible to play Bioshock Infinite in 3D on PC now. This is fucking god tier.

58inch Samsung Plasma TV + 3D glasses + PC + high frame rate + skylines = amazing. Man, I wish that I experienced the game for the first time like this. Columbia was made to be see in 3D.

I wish that Irrational supported this officially on release. I've probably been living under a rock but if anyone else has a 3D panel and is a fan of the game this is worth a look: https://www.tridef.com/products/pc

There's a free 14 day trial there and it works with over 800 games apparently.

I thought that implementing 2D content in 3D after the fact was always terrible.

Alx

I await the reactions from those GWG members who've never played this.

Unrelated to GWG, but I started playing it last week (had bought it on sale some time ago), and I really like it for now (I'm at the part
of the gun workshop, when the characters trigger an insurrection... I just crashed the blimp after leaving the area
). The design/universe is really great, and the visuals very pretty. The gameplay is satisfying too, although a bit simple and repetitive at the moment (most of the vigors have too similar effects... but the rails are cool).

Unrelated to GWG, but I started playing it last week (had bought it on sale some time ago), and I really like it for now (I'm at the part
of the gun workshop, when the characters trigger an insurrection... I just crashed the blimp after leaving the area
). The design/universe is really great, and the visuals very pretty. The gameplay is satisfying too, although a bit simple and repetitive at the moment (most of the vigors have too similar effects... but the rails are cool).

I'm happy you like it

T.O.P

Banned
So i just started this after the Steam Sale, have no idea why i've waited so much to get this really

Anyway, just about 2 hours in, but holy shit

The world is so beautifully crafted and that atmosphere, my god

Also, the gunplay feels amazing, i've yet to learn how to use my powers to the best but the shooting itself it's glorious

Also, as usual, i have no fuckin clue what's happening plot wise lol

Back to the game!

RPGCrazied

Got this for $20 at gamestop. The complete edition, so it has all the DLC included. Pretty great deal, even though its like 2 years old. Pays to wait. lol

Not really into first person shooters, but that really pertains to military shooters. This game seems to get really high scores for story and characters, so I'll try it out. Can do much worse for $20.

And is that Troy Baker? Wow, he really is in everything.

Voidance

Got this for $20 at gamestop. The complete edition, so it has all the DLC included. Pretty great deal, even though its like 2 years old. Pays to wait. lol

Not really into first person shooters, but that really pertains to military shooters. This game seems to get really high scores for story and characters, so I'll try it out. Can do much worse for $20.

And is that Troy Baker? Wow, he really is in everything.
He really is. While he does a good job in Infinite, this game started my Troy Baker fatigue.

Top Bottom