• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare apologizes for commemorative Commander Shepard corpse

ZoukGalaxy

If Bioware apologises in the forest, does any one care?
Depends, is the Schrödinger's cat alive or dead in the unobserved closed box ?

Cat If I Fits I Sits GIF

The Alien

Banned
Without blaming one specific person or group, id just like to say I bet it was some blue-hair with a blue-checkmark.

I bet that if was the corspe of a dead man obody would bat an eye.

Rediculous. Its a dumb statue and an even dumber controversy.

consoul

Dead people are people.

I feel the deads are under-represented in the figurine space. If we see any at all, they're always the stereotypical 'walking dead' type. I support greater diversity of dead representation.

Quantum253

That's kind of lame that they canceled orders. I'm sure there are already statues manufactured so whoever gets their hands on one, it will be extremely rare/valuable.

Teslerum

She's technically not even a corpse though? Isn't that based on Mass Effect 2's opening?

What's exactly the controversy here?

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

A dead Shepard statue is a stupid idea

Complaining about it is even more stupid

Listening to the complaints and apologizing for the statue is even worse

Confused Look To God GIF by Steve Harvey TV
Welcome to 2023, it's only the beginning of humanity regression. By example, this child, once in age of complaining, will complain and sue the glass manufacturer for not being able to drink a drink though the glass and that his feelings have been hurted for life and he's now traumatized and need a therapist. He is a minority who would like to drink a drink through a glass and he should be considered as anybody 😹

girlfriend analogy GIF

Joking, obviously, but that's for illustrate the absurdity of our era...

More seriously, maybe a beginning of explanation about the "why" of all the "drama" nobody is understanding ? 🤔

sjQlCDY.jpg

Source: https://www.thegamer.com/bioware-apology-dead-shepard-mass-effect-statue/

Anyway, I don't care, Mass Effect is dead, Bioware is dead, no more expecting anything good from them. Just close the studio at this point, nobody cares anymore.

Last edited:
I personally find taxidermy quite creepy, but some people want their dead pet forever.
Here no mini human was killed to be turned into this. So what?
It's sort of a 3D screenshot, made of plastic. Big deal.

Verchod

They probably shouldn't have made it purely because it's a shit idea. A statue of a dead floating corpse? Not really a winner.
Though I'm sure some dork would by it.

DeathGuise

The layers of these people tripping over themselves in a desperate attempt to say and do things to offend the least amount of people who are most likely to bitch and moan. It's fascinating

A statue of a dead floating corpse? Not really a winner.
As though people don't wear Zombie or other monsters costumes for Helloween.
Acting like death needs to be a taboo is very weird. It's obviously part of life and should not be treated like it would instantly summon the devil or some actual mass murderer when not handled with the utmost respect. It is often almost stale how often ashes of dead people get mistreated in comedies (or eg. Weekend at Bernie's), but doing some edgy humor or whatever should be okay. Turn initially sad situations in some absurd situation and it's very human to laugh then and not necessarily be depressed and triggered over everything.
It's not even some gory celebration of violance, often quite common in games, which are kinda less respectful to anyone or anything murdered, than this floating corpse is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom