• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and You: Navigating the Future of Tech (a NeoGAF discussion thread)

MadAnon

What happened to this thread? How's your Shiba "investment" going?

el-risitas-risitas.gif

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Maybe its just me but I bought into crypto with throwaway money and I don't tend to check my account for at least 5-10yrs, could give a fuck if it goes up and down like a yo-yo I just wanna see where each coin ends up in 10yrs time,if it's zero big fucks but if it sky rockets then happy days but all this in between shit.. nah can't be arsed, I just think of all those people I knew who had bitcoin and bought fucking dope with it, pizzas and sold when it hit $10, $50.. etc, if they had followed my rule and ignored and forgot about it, theyd all be millionaires

sinnergy

Maybe its just me but I bought into crypto with throwaway money and I don't tend to check my account for at least 5-10yrs, could give a fuck if it goes up and down like a yo-yo I just wanna see where each coin ends up in 10yrs time,if it's zero big fucks but if it sky rockets then happy days but all this in between shit.. nah can't be arsed, I just think of all those people I knew who had bitcoin and bought fucking dope with it, pizzas and sold when it hit $10, $50.. etc, if they had followed my rule and ignored and forgot about it, theyd all be millionaires
That’s the way yes .. don’t invest with money you need ..

Ellery

Thanks Russia...

It is much more likely that big players are taking money out of crypto (and no new money coming in) because of central banks tightening monetary policy and moving into safer assets that don't rely as much on liquidity being poured into the markets.

Speculative assets had a good run during the biggest money printing in history coupled with a nearly 0% interest rate.

Last edited:
its an enlightening piece on counterpoints/shortcomings of "crypto" and the web3 buzzword that everyone and their mother is touting as religion.

I'm all for web3, but it was quite refreshing to see a known intellectual and cryptographer Moxie Marlinspike not just talk the talk but walk the walk when it comes to the breakdown of it.

do yourselves a favor and check this out regardless of your personal opinions on Hoskinson. all he does is read Moxie's essay and clarify some points for us laypeople

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
All I have right now is Bitcoin, Solana, and Cardano

Further diversifying my wallet only makes this activity more stressful and less fun. Just gonna hold these reputable coins and hope for the best

This is interesting and shows the great utility of crypto.

Can anyone educate me how this works in practice please?

I have my bitcoin in a coinbase wallet and have the seed words.

How do you go about cashing the bitcoin in if all I had was these words in a war zone?

Last edited:

chromhound

This is interesting and shows the great utility of crypto.

Can anyone educate me how this works in practice please?

I have my bitcoin in a coinbase wallet and have the seed words.

How do you go about cashing the bitcoin in if all I had was these words in a war zone?
Bitcoin ATM?

I got a coinbase card and bought a few pints on bitcoin. Bit pissed it went up in value as I was drinking tho :-/

Great novelty.

Last edited:

Sybrix

Can anyone sum up in a sentence why Crypto is crashing?

I thought Crypto was the antidote to state inflation and traditional market volatility?

MadAnon

Can anyone sum up in a sentence why Crypto is crashing?

I thought Crypto was the antidote to state inflation and traditional market volatility?
Because crypto is not really utilised as a currency. They are treated like stocks by large majority of people - they just buy and expect the USD number to go up. It's no different than any other medium/high risk investment. When economic uncertainity (like now) hits, people want to get out of these investments. Just check how USD has increased in value against every currency over the past month. It's called safe heaven for a reason.

Last edited:

MadAnon

FLOKI is pumping right now :) several smaller exchanges listed the token now. Some bigger exchanges are expected to come any day now after severel teases from the team.

We had an update today on the Valhalla game. :) And thats now planned for the week:

- Tuesday: Marketing Announcement
- Wednesday: World Champion Floki Partner reveal
- Thursday: Marketing Announcement

They teased Kucoin Exchange listing this week or around next week.

Iam really curious who the worldchampion on top his career is supposed to be.

If everything will work out the next Floki pump with change my life :D
Narrator: "It didn't... In fact, as of May 10 it was down 95%"

162-1624525_pepe-hanging-himself-gif-clipart-png-download-.png

Incredible time over the next “x” amount of time to dollar cost average into your favorite crypto. I’m going in hard on Polkadot, Solana, and gaming crypto.
agreed, though i dont think this is the bottom for btc, even though its bounced off 28/29k the past few times. and when that drops you'll continue to see alts fall through the floor even more.

Feeling the pain with anyone else who has been dollar cost averaging over the last year, with that being said... No better time to stick to the strategy.

Synless

agreed, though i dont think this is the bottom for btc, even though its bounced off 28/29k the past few times. and when that drops you'll continue to see alts fall through the floor even more.
Agreed, maybe down to mid 20’s on Bitcoin. No matter how you shake it, buying anything at this point on the way down and DCAing all the way there will get you some big gains When this all fires off again. I learned my lesson last year. I’m getting it in this time.

Top Bottom