• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"black and white" games?

dock

Can anyone think of any games, or any large sections of games, that are presented entirely in black and white/greyscale? Are there any games that are entirely black and white?

(I don't mean Lionhead's game)

Capndrake

Possessing certain animals in Geist.

The first stage of that Mickey Mouse game for SNES and Playstation (Level based on Steamboat Willie).

Some levels are, but don't ask how I know.

6wymlbt.jpg

6o4p9gx.gif
8fnp190.gif

test_account

XP-39C²
The first level in Mickey Mania for SNES starts out as black & white.

CoD 4 has some filter you can unlock that makes it look black & white, altho its not 100% black & white. Its called CoD Noir or something.

EDIT: Beaten on Mickey Mania i see :) Didnt know it was for Genesis too. I guess the reason why its black & white is because it should resemble the early cartoons.

PhiLonius

Illuminati said:
Some levels are, but don't ask how I know.

6wymlbt.jpg

6o4p9gx.gif
8fnp190.gif

:lol loved that game

Like test-account said COD4 has a decent filter you can turn on to play in a black & white type mode. All I can think of

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Vib Ribbon sort of counts doesn't it? Or is it in color? I never got around to playing it even though I really wanted to back in the day but they never domesticated it.

Arthas

Banned
That one cut scene in ocarina of time is in black and white. You know, where link has that dream at the start.

Also if you go to your tv settings and turn the colour down all your games will be in black and white.

Project Zero just had black and white camera

Kingdom Hearts 2 has an old disney classics-universe (Mickey-series such as Steamboat Willie) which was b'n'w

kassatsu

Banned
dock UK said:
Can anyone think of any games, or any large sections of games, that are presented entirely in black and white/greyscale? Are there any games that are entirely black and white?

(I don't mean Lionhead's game)
One of the unlockables in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is b/w filter. There are also sepia and "next gen" filters to unlock.

glaurung

Rockstars was supposedly working on a PS3-exclusive game called Noir or L. A. Noir.

Probably not black and white, but the teaser was. Possible GTA IV engine applicant.

dock

I think that Wind Waker is still the most successful implementation of black and white during 3D, and even that was just an event.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this:

steamboat002.jpg

steamboat003.jpg

steamboat004.jpg

Some of that 2D stuff is great. I remember being impressed by Limbo a while ago, where they really seem to be making the most of the black and white.

Both GameCube Rogue Squadron games have black&white filter modes, as does Godzilla: DAMM. The opening of Eternal Darkness was B&W too.

If you have your system hooked up through component then unplugging one of the cables (I think the green one?) makes everything black and white.

Lee N

Membre
dock UK said:
Almost all GameBoy games?

dock

I had forgotten about LA Noire. I wonder whether they'll stick with black and white with this, or whether it'll come out at all!

lanoire.png

Top Bottom