• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online [JP] - Sneak peak at mounted combat in game.

Authority

Banned
20140428052018a0drsfeckdotii1z.jpg

Black Desert developed by the Korean game company Pearl Abyss is currently in second closed beta in Korea. The Russian and Japanese versions have also been confirmed and this game will be published by GameOn in Japan. We still have no updates on the western publisher of this game.

The Japanese publisher GameOn just released a debut Black Desert trailer today. You might have already watched most of the clips in the trailer except for the impressive mounted combat part started from 1:37 and you are also able to get a sneak peek at the elephant used in Castle Siege and Tamer and Wizard combat after 3:00. Check it out below.

Black Desert Japan Debut Trailer Gives a Sneak Peak at Mounted Combat in Game

Direct Source: http://2p.com/6084827_1/Black-Desert-Japan-Debut-Trailer-Gives-a-Sneak-Peak-at-Mounted-Combat-in-Game-by-Nichole.htm

Edit: This is the first MMO that I love their mounts.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Is that a 360 controller X button prompt I see? Is this game gonna support controllers? I would love to play it on my TV. Also, I am blown away by the character creation stuff in this game every time I see it.

Authority

Banned
Is that a 360 controller X button prompt I see? Is this game gonna support controllers? I would love to play it on my TV. Also, I am blown away by the character creation stuff in this game every time I see it.
Yes, we have interest in converting Black Desert into console platform.
In addition, we had got already an initial meeting with Sony and MS.
However, it is very early to mention the possibility of conversion at this stage, because we are carefully study the technical and business issue.

To summarize, we are very initial study phase at this time.

To answer your question - This game also provides controller support.

DedValve

Banned
I'm so hyped for this game yet I know that the chance of me being burned by an incredibly boring MMO are so ridiculously high.

....I SHALL GET HYPED AND BE ILL PREPARED FOR THE HARD FALL THAT COMES AFTER!

RK9039

Tbh, there wasn't anything new in that trailer. It was various old footage put together, they should show off raw gameplay footage of mounted combat PvP.

Authority

Banned
Yup and all the gold seller spams to go along with it.

That reminded me of this post from mmorpg.com
The life of an MMO

MMO is announced.
People orgasm.
MMO asks for kickstarter.
People balk.
MMO does beta test.
People complain.
MMO announces launch date.
People doomsay.
MMO announces price.
People complain.
MMO announces delay of launch date.
People DOOMsay with capital doom.
MMO approaches launch date.
People point out every shortcoming and potential way said game can die.
MMO launches.
People have an amazing time playing MMO.
Other People refresh MMORPG.com 65,405 times per day hoping for crash and burn posts.
MMO has bug.
People experience bug and make post about it
Other People orgasm.
MMO fixes bugs and continues.
People refer to game as failure

Direct Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/410840/The-life-of-an-MMO.html

Authority

Banned
Tbh, there wasn't anything new in that trailer. It was various old footage put together, they should show off raw gameplay footage of mounted combat PvP.

I don't remember seeing that cave and some other surroundings but nevertheless you are right.

But that music...Game On!

Einbroch

Banned
Mounted combat huh

So two years from now, we'll get to experience it...

Two years? They just announced that the Russians would get to play the game much earlier than the west, and the publisher isn't even announced yet.

I'd guess three, at least, just for the beta.

Sectus

Two years? They just announced that the Russians would get to play the game much earlier than the west, and the publisher isn't even announced yet.

I'd guess three, at least, just for the beta.

Tera:
KOR January 25, 2011
JP August 18, 2011
NA May 1, 2012
EU May 3, 2012

Vindictus:
KOR January 21, 2010
NA October 13, 2010
EU October 5, 2011
JP November 30, 2011

ArcheAge:
Korea - 15 January 2013
Japan - 23 July 2013
Russia - Open beta
EU/US - 2014

Aion:
SK November 25, 2008
NA September 22, 2009
JP July 17, 2009
EU/ZAF September 25, 2009

Why are people thinking an English release will take many years? With most Korean MMOs, it looks like an English release isn't ever more than a year away. I know Blade & Soul is taking ages, but that seems to be an exception to the rule.

Top Bottom