• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday Week: 900k DS, 600k Wii

apana

donny2112 said:
Depends on your level of "hurrah." I was thinking ~4m for Wii in Nov/Dec 2010 and maybe 3m in Dec alone. And then next Dec having that drop to 1.5m as the public catches up with the "Wii ain't got no games" reality. 1.5m is still higher than any home console not named Wii or PS2 has gotten since 2000, but it's "low" compared to historical Wii levels (of which we really only have one December not severely affected by shortages). Therefore, I was thinking that this holiday would be its last "hurrah" for the Wii we've come to know (from a sales perspective). I don't think $150 next year would change that much, but $99 could buck things quite a bit. :lol

Except that people are saying that one of the big reasons for the Wii selling is bundles lowered to 169.99. Why wouldn't a Wii priced at 150 sell amazingly well during the holidays? The Wii will have software next year (Zelda, Sports Mix, Vitality Sensor etc.) and Wii Party and Donkey Kong may sell throughout 2011 if they do really well this holiday. Also its built up a respectable library of games. Not to mention that DQX is still going to be released for Japan.

antonz said:
I expect the Wii to pass the 100 million mark for sure before its put to rest.

Worldwide, it's already 3/4ths of the way there. It's guaranteed. It'll probably make it there sometime in 2012.

It'll be the first home console to hit 100 million based almost solely on one publisher.

antonz

SlipperySlope said:
Worldwide, it's already 3/4ths of the way there. It's guaranteed. It'll probably make it there sometime in 2012.

It'll be the first home console to hit 100 million based almost solely on one publisher.
Yeah if it had proper support I could have seen Nintendo doing the 10 year bit and blowing past the PS2. The fact they basically carried the system by themselves to what they have is amazing.

You guys are getting bent over the word reactionary? Come on. Yes let's ignore everything else and focus on the one word. :/

SlipperySlope said:
Sales of shovelware have plummeted. And I'd hardly call shovelware "support".
Shovelware is better than nothing, sales-wise, even if it doesn't mean much.

I actually believe that Wii bundles with Vitality sensors and Wii Relax software will be the big summer/holiday push for the Wii next year, and it will sell like hotcakes along with the 3DS.

donny2112

Annoying Old Party Man said:
I actually believe that Wii bundles with Vitality sensors and Wii Relax software will be the big summer/holiday push for the Wii next year,

I hope they save it for Wii 2.

Top Bottom