• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong features over 80 Unique Bosses

To be fair to both situations, The Day Before had only one small slice of a gameplay demo shown and they went radio silent for a long time until the other demo which was an obvious huge downgrade.

Wukong on the other hand has had consistency in graphics and gameplay since the second showing, and they have shown more and more lately in large gameplay increments(especially recently since it was shown off at a showcase in another country). It would be an immense waste of time to show this much for it all to be smoke and mirrors. This is at least an hour plus of gameplay footage. That's quite a lot of footage to completely make up.

At this point, what could be the smoke and mirrors here would be the game's length and structure. We've only seen a handful of biomes and my one worry is that this is a linear narrative experience being touted as something much grander than it is. I can't quite remember, but there was a game not long ago that appeared to be huge and open but you were still simply running down a linear path with just pretty environments to your left and right with no items/no level design/no exploration/etc. That would be the disappointment for me, or at least it would set my expectations that this is just a game about fighting enemies and nothing else.

Fair. In my eyes, best case scenario this is probably a boss rush kind of game. Worst case scenario, well, yeah. I hope it surpasses everyone's expectations, I really do.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wish I didn't have to play as a shitty monkey though.
Excuse me!?
eQiI2su.png
Kog9QVx.png

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Don't hate me man, but that's just some monkey from an old Chinese book to me :messenger_loudly_crying:

What's the big deal other than cool literary points lost on 99.9% of players?
I mean entire game is going to be based on his mythology.....also the 2nd monkey I posted is Hanuman which is from Hindu mythology.

There is actually lot of Monkeys in mythology.

Last edited:

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
I am still extremely skeptical about this game, but I feel like we have been hearing about it for so long now that it will have to deliver decently in some capacity. Also not thrilled about "80 bosses", I feel like there is some misinformation going on with that, or yeah alot of copy/pasted bosses of the sort. I hope it turns out well but can't say I have ever been really hyped for it. That could change though.

Arachnid

So I've been reading into this game a bit more. Apparently the dev team is like 30 people? 80+ bosses, 160 unique enemies, a 4 year dev cycle with some no name Chinese dev team, and amazing graphics/gameplay like that?

Doesn't this seem a little too good to be true to you all? Elden Ring had 76 unique bosses, and From is a 300+ dev team that had a 5 year dev cycle.

I mean entire game is going to be based on his my mythology.....also the 2nd monkey I posted is Hanuman which is from Hindu mythology.

There is actually lot of Monkeys is mythology.
I get that, but I'd rather play as this:

stellar-blade.gif

Or a huge warrior in badass armor. I'll support the game regardless if its good, but hope the dude has some cool cosmetic options at least

Last edited:

Tomi

Lets see reviews

Today industry is full of shit ( i wont say this gsme will be in that basket, but we will see... )

some of the quick clips shown at the end of some of their vids previewing other aspects of this game has me so excited. This game is going to be much more grand then we are currently led to believe. Can't wait for preorders to open for this.

Kssio_Aug

God of War 2018 also had a lot of bosses. Except that most of them were slight variations from one another.

But I'm hyped for this game nonetheless. Seems pretty awesome!

Stafford

There's also this one if you want to see bosses

Hopefully this isn't 2024 footage, last year it was claimed the dev was listening to the criticism about how there is no enemy feedback when you hit them. They don't react to your attacks in this footage.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Nothing previously shown makes me believe this game is Elden Ring like, so 80 bosses sounds like it could end up being a boss rush game.

Ribi

Thank god it's not just a rush boss game and you have trash mobs inbetween.
Already knew this from some of their vids. It seems like mini areas though where at the end you fight the boss and go back to a hub or something similar.

anthony2690

Gold Member
I really hope this ends up being a genuine surprise like lies of P, I was surprised how much I loved that game, loved it so much on game pass, I ordered a physical copy 🥰

xrnzaaas

This gives me Rise of Ronin flashbacks. Pretty much every story mission had to have a boss fight and if you'd only count the truly unique ones you'd maybe get 15.

RainyNguyen

Neo Member
So I've been reading into this game a bit more. Apparently the dev team is like 30 people? 80+ bosses, 160 unique enemies, a 4 year dev cycle with some no name Chinese dev team, and amazing graphics/gameplay like that?

Doesn't this seem a little too good to be true to you all? Elden Ring had 76 unique bosses, and From is a 300+ dev team that had a 5 year dev cycle.

I get that, but I'd rather play as this:

stellar-blade.gif

Or a huge warrior in badass armor. I'll support the game regardless if its good, but hope the dude has some cool cosmetic options at least
There are already at least 40+ unique bosses revealed in all of their trailers (around 30 of them had some sort of combat shown). Depending on how you count them and whether you include the concept arts on their website, there are already 70+ unique bosses and 170+ unique enemy types revealed.
80 bosses , those graphics , at 40bucks.. that's just so hard to believe.
40$ is for only China store bro, the price of AAA games here always ranges from $38 to $45. Global price will be 60$- 70$, no more no less

Top Bottom