• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Black Myth Wukong Developerā€™s developers suffering from sexism

Yoboman

What could go wrong trying to apply American game dev social standards to a Chinese Dev? Getting games banned and all game devs unemployed in China speedrun activated

Cyberpunkd

if the translation is true, the dev seems like a weirdo.
Might have something to do with growing up in a regressive culture regarding sexuality? Another example: Japanese couples almost never have sexual after a child is born, affairs are common.

Barakov

Gold Member
Honestly, I'm more interested in this game now. If this ends up being the 2024 Hogwarts, I'm all for it.

Blood Borne

Allowing women into menā€™s spaces was a grave mistake. Womenā€™s presence destroys brotherhood. It makes men walk on eggshells when around them, which affects productivity.

I genuinely canā€™t think of anything positive of women entering the workforce en masse. Most cheating in relationships happens in the workplace, thus breaking up homes and families. Children being neglected and not getting enough attention from their mothers, thus leading to more delinquent children. Menā€™s lives absolutely destroyed due to ā€œsexismā€ allegations. Affirmative action for women, thus putting gender above competency.

Itā€™s one of the main reasons I got away from working for businesses and made me and my guys start our own business. Now itā€™s just me and four of my friends working together. No drama, no workplace politics, no pretence. Just competency, grinding, lots of banter/locker room talk and freedom.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Allowing women into menā€™s spaces was a grave mistake. Womenā€™s presence destroys brotherhood. It makes men walk on eggshells when around them, which affects productivity.

I genuinely canā€™t think of anything positive of women entering the workforce en masse. Most cheating in relationships happens in the workplace, thus breaking up homes and families. Children being neglected and not getting enough attention from their mothers, thus leading to more delinquent children. Menā€™s lives absolutely destroyed due to ā€œsexismā€ allegations. Affirmative action for women, thus putting gender above competency.

Itā€™s one of the main reasons I got away from working for businesses and made me and my guys start our own business. Now itā€™s just me and four of my friends working together. No drama, no workplace politics, no pretence. Just competency, grinding, lots of banter/locker room talk and freedom.

WNbrGy5.jpg

GymWolf

Outstanding article title.

Read the entire article, and it was very enlightening. The Gunfire Reborn section was especially news to me. I hope none of this gets brushed under the carpet as Black Myth comes to fore.

It's important to call attention to shit like this, especially with heavily hyped video games. The developers of Stellar Blade are similarly hugely misogynistic and abuse their female staff, and that one's even worse because they've got Sony backing them with a publishing deal.

This shit needs to be put into public focus to help consumers make informed purchasing decisions. Studios that abuse their female staff or contain openly misogynistic corporate culture should no longer exist in the 2020s.

Top Bottom