• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong - Official Trailer

Kenpachii

Yea feels a bit downgraded from the tech demo they had, but still solid looking tho.

Tech demo

2e0d9d0df149357cf617e3557827bafdb66a9a2e.gifv

hqdefault.jpg

d3200e41fd84d3c760a37c113e380245.gif

Last edited:

angrod14

They have nailed it so far in the art, graphics and presentation departments. If they manage to make it a more accesible version of a Souls-like game, this will be a hit. The fact that truly amazes me is that this is coming out of nowhere from some obscure developer.

Exentryk

As the Mouse gives way to the Ox, we have a growing talent and force. Here is a little tune for you, gamers dear. May you have a prosperous year!
Note: This video is specially produced for celebrating Chinese New Year. It does not represent actual plot. Black Myth: Wukong is an action-adventure game developed by Game Science Studio.
The game is still in development, and the release date has not been determined yet.

The game looks great, but I wonder about its optimizations and ability to deliver a good enough story for the general world audience.

Either way, I'm excited to see something new come out from the Asian hemisphere.

longdi

Banned
pretty bad framerates. Need to migrate to UE5. I wonder if MS or sony will buy exclusivity with them. Seems like they need some more fundings

Kuranghi

pretty bad framerates. Need to migrate to UE5. I wonder if MS or sony will buy exclusivity with them. Seems like they need some more fundings

The video is 24fps, which I guess they did for cinematic purposes but I think it looks terrible because of that. If there was object motion blur then maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

The game itself looks pretty cool though.

Zeeed

Both trailer was in 1080p.
At least the first trailer looked to be 60fps.

This new trailer, the framerate looks to be 30fps?

I'm curious to see the performance footage of the game in 4K.

Looking good, if not slightly downgraded from that reveal from last year. They need some better audio people though.. bad sound effects and dunno what happened with the editing at 0:55.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
still looks really good but the first video looked better

weird choice to lock your videogame trailer to 24 fps

THEAP99

Banned
This game is destined to never release and if it does it'll fail miserably. I say this because simply I mean where's the hands on footage? Why is it already downgraded from the first showing? Bad sound effects, choppy frame rates.. etc etc..

I see a lot of media hyping this game up despite not actual vetting of what exactly it is. I dunno I just have a bad feeling about this.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I like the fire effects and the scaling of the enemies. You can tell the first video was edited. It feels like this new trailer has some very raw footage. They need to do a little bit more than just show us some boss fights. The journey is just as important as the boss at the end. We were seeing him perform some cool martial arts, flying on a cloud, and then those tall giants throwing their hats at him. This one is basically rocks, sand, and fire effects. I’d definitely play it, but even Mortal Shell has some good atmosphere to it.

Serious Sam and Painkiller did this with shooters. It’s pretty generic all around, but they sorta scale things up to change the formula. I want a good variety to enemies, interesting locations, and good boss fights. I do think I’d like this more than I did Enslaved. I just hope it pays off when it actually comes out.

Aenima

Hope this game delivers. The 1st trailer they showed was already showing alot of interesting gameplay mechanics with the main character transformations and powers.

Hopefully FromChina understands that Souls games are not just about the combat but also the sense of exploration and stellar level and world design.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Looks impressive. Lets just hope the game will have more than just furry boss-battles but actual exploration.

j0hnnix

Still don't believe this is a game to be released. The end of the video it says "produced for celebrating year of the ox" not actual plot. No release date , or even a hint. Wasn't the last video mainly for talent recruitment?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Black Myth Wukong is by far the only game that I have seen that looks next gen (now current gen) and best of all, it's all actual gameplay as opposed to a cinematic or in-engine trailer. Super hyped for this game which is going to be part of a trilogy. Microsoft, Sony or a third party publisher needs to get this game secured for current gen consoles in NA.

Top Bottom