• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong - Official Trailer

TonyK

Not really, it's just what's doable on PC with UE4. People are too used to gimped versions done for consoles.
It's not a matter of power but quality. Doable as technical demo doesn't implies feasible as real game. Specially coming from a new company with no other AAA games in their catalogue.
It's like the Unreal engine with hundreds of amours supposedly running in PS5. It's doable but no existing game looks like that.

Rikkori

It's not a matter of power but quality. Doable as technical demo doesn't implies feasible as real game. Specially coming from a new company with no other AAA games in their catalogue.
It's like the Unreal engine with hundreds of amours supposedly running in PS5. It's doable but no existing game looks like that.
And you know it's not feasible - how? You severely underestimate the experience and work ethic of these devs. This is not their first year in game dev, we're talking about people with decade+ of exp.

TonyK

And you know it's not feasible - how? You severely underestimate the experience and work ethic of these devs. This is not their first year in game dev, we're talking about people with decade+ of exp.
If they release a good game be sure I will play it, but for now I prefer to maintain a sceptical stance. Too many derailed hype trains should have taught us something.

dV8tR

Neo Member
Amazing trailer :messenger_fire: ! Gameplay, score, art direction - all look amazing. Will keep a watch on this one for sure.

Kenpachii

Looks like a brown game.

Looks like a formulaic game we've all played 5,000x already.

Looks like a training wheels game for a new studio getting off the ground.

77 metascore.

All depends on what platform it releases on

PC = chinese trash game, lots of hackers no ty
Xbox = pathethic they need to hire chinese trash developers to get games going for it that don't even win goty's look at sony goty goty goty after eachother.
playstation = god tier game another killer IP, goty 10/10 best game in the universe. if added a twist at the end that the ape is transgender its 10/10 universally in the US.

Last edited:

Gandih42

Looks really nice, especially the art and design. The combat mechanics, from what is shown, look good too. Like a solid action game.

But it is very difficult not to be a little skeptical, at least until it is shown actually running and being played real-time on a console/PC. The first trailer in particular looked a little 'too good to be true' (in terms of graphics) for what a small team has the resources to do. It'll be interesting to see how this evolves until its release.

Bartski

Gold Member
not sure what's up with the grainy filter making it all look yellow, overall it still looks incredibly promising I can't wait to see more.

Fbh

Definitely looks like it got a bit of downgrade compared to the last trailer but to me it still looks visually and, more importantly, artistically way cooler than anything Sony or MS have shown so far this gen.
It's not just the graphics which look nice but the overall art direction, enemy design and scenarios.

Like at 0:56 when he is in this dark foggy place and it suddenly lights up with enemies holding flames.

Alebrije

Do not get hyped ...if you do not want to.be Cyberpuked.

The game looks promising but is far from release. Chinese Mythology is huge and interesting ...hope we see more games from them

The one concern I have is that every boss seems to be a large bipedal brute type enemy. A little variety in boss designs would be better.

Great Hair

Banned
Tired Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

NullZ3r0

Banned
This game will be like China in general: Smoke and mirrors and some deodorant covering up a rotting corpse.

I'll believe in when I see it. China is a nation built on scams. I wouldn't be surprised if this was another Chinese pump and dump scam.

Last edited:
You got a source for this? I'm really interested since this game looks promising if it's not just a bullshit target.

Kuranghi

Both trailer was in 1080p.
At least the first trailer looked to be 60fps.

This new trailer, the framerate looks to be 30fps?

I'm curious to see the performance footage of the game in 4K.

For future reference: Right-click (or tap the dots/hamburger in the corner on mobile) and select "stats for nerds", then look for the line saying "current/optimal res", the number after the "@" is the framerate.

DESTROYA

Looks good but 2023 release date

In a 2020 interview with IGN China, Game Science said they plan to release Black Myth: Wukong by 2023. The developer aims to release the game for PC as well as main-stream consoles. The game will be sold as a one-time purchase with possible DLCs.

Sentenza

I'm positively impressed. It looks even more a real game (more than a tech demo) than in the first showing.
Still, so far away that it's hardly worth thinking about it and everything could go wrong in the next two years.

martino

im still sceptical this will release.

I'll admit the eye candy is nice tho!
I'm there too i see potential and good production value but chinese need one game of the kind to make it real.
i remember this lost soul aside previous gen we are still waiting that will probably not be the same waouwww if it ever release now (in the same shape)
(i also don't count the mmo because overall they lack on some aspects to me probably because they are mmo and dealing with that constraint)

bender

What time is it?
All depends on what platform it releases on

PC = chinese trash game, lots of hackers no ty
Xbox = pathethic they need to hire chinese trash developers to get games going for it that don't even win goty's look at sony goty goty goty after eachother.
playstation = god tier game another killer IP, goty 10/10 best game in the universe. if added a twist at the end that the ape is transgender its 10/10 universally in the US.

Only Playstation gamers have taste, gotcha.

Top Bottom