• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 6 will release on old-gen consoles amd switch 2

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Was hoping to finally see a major technical leap in the franchise, but it ain't happening while tethered to HDDs with a guaranteed throughput of ~20MB/s and underclocked Jaguar CPUs.

Just the QoL possibilities alone across the UI/UX could be massive in streamlining the experience. More clunky bullshit it is..
People are still playing Counterstrike.

00_Zer0

History will look back at PS5, and XBox Series X as something that can be skipped entirely. Just play on PC, Switch, and Switch 2 lol
I agree wholeheartedly. I am mostly a PC gamer and the only true systems that have exclusives on them anymore is PC and Switch, and Switch 2. There are hundreds if not 1000's of games on PC that can't be played on console, and I really enjoy many of the Nintendo exclusive games you can't get elsewhere.

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
old gen will be death match and zombies only no sp just like black ops 3 on 360 and ps3 imo

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

Develop it to be playable on base Xbox One and it’s playable on 6 of those there.

Not you making a distinction between Xbox One and One S. you might as well add the PS5 digital as a separate SKU to develop for, while you’re at it 🤣
One/One S perf profiles are different.

MS going through with their promise to make Activision games available on as many platforms as possible. Everyone wins 💚
So there’s a Switch version for the 140M+ Switch, compared to <10M Switch 2 when the next game releases.

Some hardware platforms have no unified ecosystem and have to rely on dumb delivery with separate SKUs, others do and feature smart delivery - it makes sense.
Buying a Blu-ray copy and having to download the version you actually want is smarter than getting the version you actually want on Blu-ray.

Clown Watching You GIF by BuzzFeed

Goalus

Buying a Blu-ray copy and having to download the version you actually want is smarter than getting the version you actually want on Blu-ray.
Buying video games on physical media was smart 30 years ago. Nowadays I wouldn't even call it dumb. It's idiotic. An exception might be presents for children.

Dane

Not surprised. The crossgen for the PS360 games were good on Ghosts and Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3 can't even be called an effort to begin with. On PS4One the third game was Modern Warfare 2 and both it and MW3 were faithful versions with slightly worse graphics.
You ever tried calculating 20% of $500 million?
People must think that the budget is proportionally allocated regarded to consoles rather than the project itself, a 20 million unit game could sell 1 million on a single platform and pay off its related development costs and be profitable.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This isn’t the right place to ask this probably but I don’t know what thread is.

What’s the cheapest way to play a CoD single player campaign at this point? I’ve never played a CoD before, but I’ve always been interested in running through their short campaigns. I had assumed the old ones were on Game Pass, but I guess not. Is there any sort of subscription thing I can get a free trial on or something just to play through one?

This isn’t the right place to ask this probably but I don’t know what thread is.

What’s the cheapest way to play a CoD single player campaign at this point? I’ve never played a CoD before, but I’ve always been interested in running through their short campaigns. I had assumed the old ones were on Game Pass, but I guess not. Is there any sort of subscription thing I can get a free trial on or something just to play through one?
buy used discs

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

You just missed them being on sale on XB this weekend. They'll put the old 360 ones on sale for $10 often.

No current gen only? Just saved me 60 bucks then.

I'm not gonna buy trash thats been made for absolete hardware and then upped for the current gen.
People need to learn that this way the current gen consoles will never sell enough and this way they keep the "engineer for old, release on new" trend alive.

PS4 is gone. Xbox One is gone.

Let them rest and develop for CURRENT GEN.
Im not supporting this practise. Bye CoD.

It's now confirmed that it's coming to last gen consoles via this updated listing on the Xbox Store.

EQr4rrs.png

DragonNCM

They are right...what about money from 50million PS4 users ?
If I was ABK I will not miss chance for extra profit with few settings down.

NickFire

Maybe there will be two versions with same name. Or maybe they mean via cloud streaming or something for old consoles.

I know it's pie in the sky wishful thinking. But this is going to be the 5th cross gen COD since current gen started. I'm not going to pretend I won't be getting it. But the shine has already started wearing off and it won't be out for months yet.

Top Bottom