• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops III has a 2.7 gig day 1 patch

Wish you could find and download patches for games you don't have in your library yet. Would be nice to download this before getting my physical copy so I don't have to wait another 20 minutes, or 2 hours if PSN servers decide to come to crawl.

Fenom

Wish you could find and download patches for games you don't have in your library yet. Would be nice to download this before getting my physical copy so I don't have to wait another 20 minutes, or 2 hours if PSN servers decide to come to crawl.

Yeah definitely agree with this. Psn speeds can be so slow, it's frustrating to recieve a game disk and just knowing you have to do an update you've known about for days.

farisr

I'm really glad I have a good connection to PSN and my download speeds are fast, otherwise I'd find myself wishing there was some way to preload day 1 patches for physical games.

(I still kinda wish you could do that, LOL)

tmac456

disc buyer here as well.

work that day as well and won't have the game in hand until like 5:30. my internet speeds are pretty solid now so it should get through this in 20 minutes or so. not terrible

lol Almost 3 gigs for a first day patch and people are saying it's not too big.

We've officially gotten too used to downloading huge day one patches.

Wonder what will be the norm in 2-3 years.

Technically it's not even a Day 1 Patch. It's a pre-launch patch that you can already download if you preloaded the game.

And just so everyone knows, if you have the game preloaded on xbox1 with all available bonus maps, the prelaunch patch, and customization packs it should total at 51GB.

shandy706

Glad to see another game keep the patch under 5GB.

With games being so massive now days, patches could be much MUCH bigger.

nath999

Are servers live for this? I just got an email from Best Buy that my game has shipped and should expect to deliver today.

HardRojo

Game's already available in Peru and in big quantities.
R8OUaRA.jpg

Same I got no Nuketown or The giant so I'm kinda worried lol

47GB is the game itself. Nuketown and Giant are separate downloads. I think they are around 700MB and 1.2GB in size.

Do you guys have the Digital Deluxe Edition? My downloads of all the maps started automatically once I went into the PS store and clicked the auto-download box for the digital deluxe edition.

HardRojo

Wait... they don't warn you that the PS3 version is MP only???

Uninformed people will probably be caught off guard and I'm pretty sure most people won't /won't be able to read the orange sticker, unless it says something like MULTIPLAYER ONLY, and they understand what that means.

OranSky

Banned
As expected honestly. The first of many no doubt. It would have been more shocking if there was no day one patch.

47GB is the game itself. Nuketown and Giant are separate downloads. I think they are around 700MB and 1.2GB in size.

Do you guys have the Digital Deluxe Edition? My downloads of all the maps started automatically once I went into the PS store and clicked the auto-download box for the digital deluxe edition.

Deluxe edition here I see no Nuketown or The Giant in my list yet ):

2.7 GB is remarkably small considering the game probably went gold about a month ago and they've probably found all matter of bugs and exploits in the game since then.

Nasser

Guys quick question about downloading the game. I live in Pacific time zone and it says on PSN store that I could play it at 12 ET. Which means 9pm on Thursday where I live, will I be able to play it at 9 or wait 3 more hours (until midnight)?

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Guys quick question about downloading the game. I live in Pacific time zone and it says on PSN store that I could play it at 12 ET. Which means 9pm on Thursday where I live, will I be able to play it at 9 or wait 3 more hours (until midnight)?

9pm

Top Bottom