• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther Poster, Trailer Dropping Tonight

T'Challa at a conference about climate change, heh.

Looks like he's wearing the Civil War suit in the beginning but a new one at the end. Not really digging the new look.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Well I dunno about your Wakanda experiences, they may differ from mine. But being that Wakanda was never conquered or invaded and people that tried to spy ended up disappearing, no one ever actually knows what their tech level over the years has been. they just seem to always make the First World Nations look second rate. We know that in WW2 they had energy weapons and automated defense systems. They also fought with spears and guns, and were intensely isolationist.

and while Stark and Reed have nice little hideouts and sky scrapers full of magic technology, Wakanda is an entire country full of it. Stark and Reed don't share, and well, neither does Wakanda.

So what you are saying is that Wakanda could have stopped Nazi Germany and prevented the holocaust 🤔

Poor Max Eisenhardt.

The fuck happens if Wakanda and Latveria fight? Latveria is full of Doom tech.

G-Bus

Banned
As someone who had zero interest in the character or movie before the trailer..

Day 1. looks great.

Slayven

So what you are saying is that Wakanda could have stopped Nazi Germany and prevented the holocaust 🤔

Poor Max Eisenhardt.

4bffda93cf10f.jpg

akira28

So what you are saying is that Wakanda could have stopped Nazi Germany and prevented the holocaust ��

Poor Max Eisenhardt.

well a lot of people could have prevented the Holocaust had it not been suppressed information. But Wakanda was not only strictly non-interventionist. They have been actively defending themselves against invaders from the outside world, (European colonials included) for centuries. So that sort of means they won't be going into another country unless there is a threat to Wakandan interests. If they were to go up against the Nazis it would be to end them once and for all, for Wakanda's sake alone.

edit: not much chance Magneto is going to pull a "where were you?!" on Wakandans. One of the ideas commonly found in the Panther books is how foreign intervention turns into foreign expansionism. Its why Wakanda never accepts outside help. They fundamentally distrust the American foreign policy model, for obvious reasons.

(aiding a resistance or staging a major invasion level assault to end the war is Wakanda's style though. )

Trojita

well a lot of people could have prevented the Holocaust had it not been suppressed information. But Wakanda was not only strictly non-interventionist. They have been actively defending themselves against invaders from the outside world, (European colonials included) for centuries. So that sort of means they won't be going into another country unless there is a threat to Wakandan interests. If they were to go up against the Nazis it would be to end them once and for all, for Wakanda's sake alone.

I was just joking. It's comic books vs an actual event in history. It's like asking why Reed Richards doesn't cure cancer.

But I will mention that a Nazi Colonel did kill Wakanda's Queen. They had a reason to be pissed at the Nazi's with that an

Trojita

That trailer was hot.

Wasn't a fan of the music track used.

The car flip looked way too fake that I wouldn't have put it in the trailer.

akira28

I was just joking. It's comic books vs an actual event in history. It's like asking why Reed Richards doesn't cure cancer.

But I will mention that a Nazi Colonel did kill Wakanda's Queen. They had a reason to be pissed at the Nazi's with that an

lol how serious do you think I am, describing Wakandan social philosophy? Its just weird comic book fun.

Top Bottom