• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Wii, Red NDSi

cvxfreak

Tenbatsu said:
WOW AT THE MONSTER HUNTER 3 TRI WII PACK!!!! I AM GETTING THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT KAJFAKLFLAFLKJFLKJADLFJLDJFKDJLF"JDLFJLKDJLFK"JDKFJLDJFLAJFLAJLFKJALKFJLAKSJFLKAJFLJALKFJL"ADJF"LADJKFAD

Told you so. :)

Nintendo really went all out for MH3 and to a lesser extent, DQIX.

EDIT: Didn't see your other post :lol

Foil

neo2046 said:
mainimg.jpg

Okay... fuck. That's really nice looking. God damn you Nintendo!

Hopefully this comes out in NA with more internal storage and Wii Sports Restort/Motion Plus packed in instead of MH3 and the classic controller. Pictures like this will easily wear me down.

woahitsreeo said:
No Wii Motion Plus attachment in black?

blackandwhite.jpg

Has MH3 been show in the last year? I haven't seen anything on it in FOREVERRRRR.

for-ev-errrr
for-ev-errrr
for-evvvv-errrrrr

Foil said:
Okay... fuck. That's really nice looking. God damn you Nintendo!

Hopefully this comes out in NA with more internal storage and Wii Sports Restort/Motion Plus packed in instead of MH3 and the classic controller. Pictures like this will easily wear me down.

blackandwhite.jpg

LOL @ The black and white cookie episode! LOL HAHAHAHA

GhostSeed

Buckethead said:
Has MH3 been show in the last year? I haven't seen anything on it in FOREVERRRRR.

for-ev-errrr
for-ev-errrr
for-evvvv-errrrrr

Tenbatsu has such wonderful things to show you.

2gudug3.jpg

UraMallas

Wow. That black Wii will be mine. You can transfer your VC and WiiWare games to a new console via memory stick, correct?

UraMallas said:
Wow. That black Wii will be mine. You can transfer your VC and WiiWare games to a new console via memory stick, correct?

All you have to do is say that it was stolen and you bought a new Wii and they will unlock the games for you.

MoogPaul

LovingSteam said:
All you have to do is say that it was stolen and you bought a new Wii and they will unlock the games for you.

This would screw up the sale of your previous wii though, no?

Tabris

I'm so glad I sold my Wii (to sell my VC games since I wasn't playing them) and waited instead of rebuying as I knew something like this would come out and I could rebuy this instead.

MoogPaul said:
This would screw up the sale of your previous wii though, no?

Well I am talking about those who would trade/sell their Wii's for this new one, although that is a good point, it would cause problems for the future owner. Scratch that then. There has to be some way.

tetrisgrammaton said:
red dsi am cry

i knew i should have held out on the black

Yea, I am starting to regret my black purchase :( Although I can always take it back to Gamestop and say "it suddenly doesn't work" and use my extended warranty to get the Red :) if it ever comes here.

Somnid

Nintendo's DRM system will finally hit a point where it becomes a problem. License transfers are not possible, but it never mattered until there was a reason to transfer. Interesting as if they are made more aware of the problem via bitching they will likely change it and that makes portable VC much more likely.

Also I'm surprised they finally brought out the big guns. This marks the first time Wii has ever seen a change in retail packaging. This is pretty takes any momentum Sony could possibly have gained at E3.

bdouble

Somnid said:
Nintendo's DRM system will finally hit a point where it becomes a problem. License transfers are not possible, but it never mattered until there was a reason to transfer. Interesting as if they are made more aware of the problem via bitching they will likely change it and that makes portable VC much more likely.

Also I'm surprised they finally brought out the big guns. This marks the first time Wii has ever seen a change in retail packaging. This is pretty takes any momentum Sony could possibly have gained at E3.

what? No none of that will happen just because of a new color. It should have been assumed this would be a problem with the way digital purchases work and since when has bitching ever changed a Nintendo decision especially one like this.

Somnid

bdouble said:
what? No none of that will happen just because of a new color. It should have been assumed this would be a problem with the way digital purchases work and since when has bitching ever changed a Nintendo decision especially one like this.

Plenty of people buy new colored consoles especially in Japan, that's one reason why they always have like twice as many colors as the US. It also wasn't assumed since this issue never existed with a single Wii version, nobody would be buying 2 Wiis that were exactly alike and if they did it would almost always be for somebody else in the same household which Nintendo assumes no responsability for. When you can't transfer to a new console you're going to piss people off just like they did when the "fridge" issue errupted once Wiiware came into play.

Also, I just realized the joke's on Black Wii buyers as Wii Motion + is only white. Ewww.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Somnid said:
Plenty of people buy new colored consoles especially in Japan, that's one reason why they always have like twice as many colors as the US. It also wasn't assumed since this issue never existed with a single Wii version, nobody would be buying 2 Wiis that were exactly alike and if they did it would almost always be for somebody else in the same household which Nintendo assumes no responsability for. When you can't transfer to a new console you're going to piss people off just like they did when the "fridge" issue errupted once Wiiware came into play.

Also, I just realized the joke's on Black Wii buyers as Wii Motion + is only white. Ewww.
If they are making a Blue Motion +, there will most likely be a Black one too.

... I just realized that I had bought a white Gamecube controller for what's gonna be my black Wii. :lol

Damn, the black Gamecube controllers were at least standard around the U.S.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Somnid said:

Could Nintendo simply "turn off" their protection on WFC saves & Channels though? Maybe only between systems registered on the same Club Nintendo account, but even then, they only allow you to register each system once. This is why, I believe, a mid-gen jump from Wii to Wii+ or WiiHD won't happen anytime soon. For people who simply want to switch from white to black, sucks for them!

Mojojo

From the Monster hunter packs, looks like they admit the way to play this game is with the classic controller.
I remember seeing the control map for Wiimote + Nunchuck a few months back and it didn't seem intuitive at all.

anaron

Finally! It looks sexy as hell. :D

With Mario, Metroid and such being announced, I was just thinking about how if Nintendo would just goddamn release the black Wii I'd have absolutely no excuse to not buy one.

Thank you Nintendo! :p

DiddyBop

nice colour, exactly what i thought a black wii would look like. once the price drops to below 200 i will finally become a wii owner.

CiSTM

Banned
Tiiiiiiiight !

Well I am not going to buy another Wii just because of new color but I have to admit that red DSi is too cool to skip over.

Top Bottom