• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blaster Master Zero |OT| A Blast from the Past

Duders, this game is legit! Looks and plays like a better version of the original. It's the snes sequel that never was.
C6fbf0_VAAEYGjP.jpg:large

C6fbpBFVQAQRShd.jpg:large

I'm a huge D-pad snob normally but so far I've been completely fine with playing both this and Shovel Knight with the joy-con stick. Which is great because these are the kinds of games I want to play in bed right before going to sleep.

Man, is this game really that legit? Kinda came outta nowhere. Looks like it'll be a nice game to pick up sometime soon. Looking forward to more GAF impressions!

Did the eShop update in the US? Are there any other new games? I don't see any threads about the eShop so I figured I'd ask here.

Excited to pick this up! I may double-dip on 3DS if people report the 3D to be decent.

Just downloaded :D

Blaster Master Zero, Zelda, SnipperClips, Shovel Knight, in a week's time Binding of Isaac and then Snake Pass.

This is probably the most packed a launch has ever been for me. I can't think of another system I've ever picked up this many games for in the first month. And all but one are Co-Op! What a wonderful little system

Ibuki

Banned
Did the eShop update in the US? Are there any other new games? I don't see any threads about the eShop so I figured I'd ask here.

Excited to pick this up! I may double-dip on 3DS if people report the 3D to be decent.

Not sure about on the Switch itself since I cannot check, but the website sure did.

Today you have Blaster Master Zero, Voez, and the NEOGEO ports.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-...tch|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|release|des|-|-

Duders, this game is legit! Looks and plays like a better version of the original. It's the snes sequel that never was.

I'm a huge D-pad snob normally but so far I've been completely fine with playing both this and Shovel Knight with the joy-con stick. Which is great because these are the kinds of games I want to play in bed right before going to sleep.

The scaling looks off in those shots. Can you confirm if it is like that when you're playing on the TV?

Tain

Might have to pass on this, sounds a whole lot easier than the original and I still have that to play.

Enk

makes good threads.
Ah the classic, epic tale of a boy going on a dangerous journey to find a frog he just found. Simply riveting.

Loving this so far. Definitely captures the feel of the original more so than any of its successors, but modernizing it at the same time. Hope they get the pro controller patched in soon.

Ah the classic, epic tale of a boy going on a dangerous journey to find a frog he just found. Simply riveting.

Loving this so far. Definitely captures the feel of the original more so than any of its successors, but modernizing it at the same time. Hope they get the pro controller patched in soon.

March 16th apparently.

ManeKast

Buy.

Kicks total ass. Musics great. Visuals are rad. Gameplay is solid metroidvania shooter affair. Fun story and characters. What.... $13au? Cheap.

Just buy it.

Cody_D165

Banned
Holy shit the HD Rumble during the intro sequence when Sophia III takes off for the first time is insane.

I think that just sold me on the HD Rumble more than anything I've experienced on this console so far

Does anyone have any info about the map system? It's surprisingly hard to find info about it when it's been out in Japan for a week, there's a 5-page GAF thread, and multiple reviews are one. Only one of the 4 reviews I've seen even mentions the game having a map system, and it wasn't clear on details. The lack of a map system was one of the reasons the NES original was so difficult to play. Same with early Metroid games.

Damaniel

Banned
Not that it would affect my choice to buy the game at all, but is this an area-for-area remake of the original, or are there new stages?

Kevin

Wanted to show my support and I have purchased this game from the eshop store. I hope this does well enough for them that more Blaster Master games will follow. Whether it be new ones or the older ones, I want more! lol

Pinky

Banned
To those who are already playing, are you using the stick or the directional buttons? Curious to know if the d-buttons work okay in place of a traditional d-pad.

Coda

It's good but I do agree with the Cubed review in saying that they could've pushed the limits a bit more. For $9.99 though you can't go wrong, it's a fun retro title.

Top Bottom