• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Ruby Rose Gameplay

kewlmyc

Welcome to Arc System Work games.

Not familiar with RWBY, but her moveset makes her feel right at home in the Blazblue universe.

oh man i forgot about the main cast of Rwby VAs

hopefully they let you use there JP VAs because they can't be as bad as the English ones

Red Like Roses Part 2. Nice.

VA is somewhat weird but honestly I just don't think I'm used to Ruby screaming that much in combat.

It's the same one she's had from the entire series.

doesn't help the fact that her VA isn't good

The other three girls aren't as bad on that front luckily.

i don't know, all i remember from watching 1 or 2 episodes of rwby was that the series had terrible voice work

i know the reasons why (not a big budget so they used people in achievement hunter for VA to keep it cheap) and i have heard the series gets better what with most of the actors just getting better over time and actually getting some proper Voice actors in as well but i still have issues with it

Crocodile

loud-noises-gif-7-1.gif

I kid :p

doesn't help the fact that her VA isn't good

Nah Ruby's VA is fine. She's just way too talkative as a fighting game character

This looks really....pedestrian in the face of MvC:I and DBZF.

I mean it is mostly a Mugen asset rip ala MvC2

I'm really hoping we can at least get japanese voices for the rwby characters and english for blazblue. Even if central fiction didn't get a dub the others games did so it can't be hard to reuse audio.

WWWWEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBB :p

Seriously though, you really like the Japanese voices more even though they aren't the originals?

I'm really hoping we can at least get japanese voices for the rwby characters and english for blazblue. Even if central fiction didn't get a dub the others games did so it can't be hard to reuse audio.

FluxWaveZ

The loud, high-pitched screeching won't end. It's not just an issue with this being an ASW game. It's an issue with this character's VA in particular.

loud-noises-gif-7-1.gif

I kid :p

Nah Ruby's VA is fine. She's just way too talkative as a fighting game character

I mean it is mostly a Mugen asset rip ala MvC2

WWWWEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBB :p

Seriously though, you really like the Japanese voices more even though they aren't the originals?

Its mainly because the japanese VAs are far more experienced compared to the old ones. Warner Bros Japan went all out for the JP dub and got a lot of high profile actors for the main cast.

If they toned down the amount of battle voice lines she would be fine. Her gameplay though is a good representation of what Ruby does in the show.

cj_iwakura

I think it's going to just be one language, sadly. The dub cast weren't exactly happy with the CF debacle.

I think it's going to just be one language, sadly. The dub cast weren't exactly happy with the CF debacle.

So Arc Sys can't even add japanese voices for RWBY? What about Persona? I mean even if they weren't happy about it, i don't think they'd be against coming back if offered the chance.

cj_iwakura

So Arc Sys can't even add japanese voices for RWBY? What about Persona? I mean even if they weren't happy about it, i don't think they'd be against coming back if offered the chance.

Maybe RWBY was never dubbed in Japan? They revealed it with her dub voice.

Maybe RWBY was never dubbed in Japan? They revealed it with her dub voice.

Yes RWBY has a japanese dub, in fact they're even working on releasing volume 4 right now. Its probably because RWBY is more well known with the dub than the subbed version though. So a japanese dub for the rwby characters in X Tag Battle wouldnt be ruled out.

DrArchon

Why are the meters right in the middle of the screen? They seriously should be off in the corners like every other fighting game.

Cool that characters have multiple assists mid-match. That'll make 2v2 more chaotic for sure.

Foffy

Banned
Wow, on an audio level, that was fucking dreadful to listen to.

The terrible song starting it off didn't help much either.

Then came the screaming from Ruby, who sounds like someone is pulling on her nose, she's sleepy, but she's screaming.

Ugh.

PixelatedBookake

I'm a RWBY fan and...yeah maybe they should have turned the standard fighting game grunts down a bit for Ruby in particular. It took me a bit to get used to her high pitched voice as well. This is a bit much.

OVDRobo

I don't know...

As someone who has always appreciated Blazblue for being the most derivative trash but going in so hard on every aspect of its cliches that it somehow ended up likeable, RWBY seems like some sort of weeb Ouroboros, emulating that trash and somehow even failing to reach the low bar set by it. In terms of this crossover, Its position is like that one guy in the group of people that watch anime who only watches the creepy kind and so is somehow even less acceptable.

Regardless of my personal feelings about RWBY, I'll agree with the comments that the voice acting's really annoying and pretty bad, not even taking into account that everyone else is speaking Japanese.

Toxi

Banned
oh man i forgot about the main cast of Rwby VAs

hopefully they let you use there JP VAs because they can't be as bad as the English ones
The VA is fine. It's the implementation that's bad. Having overdone screams like that for normal attacks is going to be ridiculously annoying no matter what voice actor you use.

Top Bottom