• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleacher Report: Which of these Three NBA Big Threes Is The Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Bleacher Report laid out a pretty interesting question on Twitter, simply a picture post, but the question was no doubt there. Which of these three Big Three teams were the best? I believe this was definitely a modern era question, given the inclusion of the Warriors at this point.

CoeZ-YoVIAAEJA4.jpg:large

Of note, however, I'm very surprised that Bleacher Report left out the obvious Big Three: The Chicago Bulls years via Jordan-Rodman-Pippen. Personally, I would still take that big three over all of them, but the very tired question of "which era was the toughest" still comes up. Still, out of all of those, I think Lebron's Heat would probably prevail.

Regardless, I'm disappointed that Bleacher Report hasn't given us their opinion yet, but I imagine an article may be on the way. So who ya got?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/758744796718477313

Parham

Banned
A little strange to include Curry/Durant/Green, when we haven't even seen them play together yet. They should've gone with Curry/Klay/Green, if they wanted to include the Warriors.

FStop7

Banned
No Bird/McHale/Parrish?

No Magic/Kareem/Worthy?

No Jordan/Pippen/Rodman?

Lawl

This article written by someone who started watching the NBA in 2011

burnjanso

I would have gone with Boston if they had all been in their prime when they got the chip. I will have to go with Miami.

Kevin love????

Yeah he's definitely the weakest among these 11 (LBJ is on there twice) by far. I think he and Kyrie might be the best 1-2 option, but the best big 3 would likely be either the Heat or new Warriors, but it's too early to tell with the latter. The Celtics only won one championship with those 3, so it's hard to consider them the best.

Edit: I think the Spurs don't really count here considering they go against the spirit of the others being super teams built through free agency and trades. The Spurs just draft really, really well. The same thing goes for why they are including this version of the Warriors rather than the one built through the draft.

Since we haven't seen anything of the new Warriors out of those the 12-13 Heat is probably the best. In the end the GSW will probably end up being better though

crazyprac

This the 2nd or third team big threes? Or just the past few years??

Lol Love... Might as well add Shaq Kobe plus any other laker and call it big three and they would be better than the one they list.

Ashhong

A little strange to include Curry/Durant/Green, when we haven't even seen them play together yet. They should've gone with Curry/Klay/Green, if they wanted to include the Warriors.

But the whole point of the picture probably stems from the Durant move, so they had to shove him in there somewhere. It does feel weird to have Klay snubbed though

Zukkoyaki

Of the ones listed there, I'd say the Celtics. If they were assembled a couple of seasons prior, they definitely would have won multiple championships but they were together toward the end of their primes.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jordan-Pippen-Rodman will always be the greatest big 3. Nothing from modern day competes in terms of historical talent all on the same team.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Celtics or Warriors if we ignore ages and just go by what each individual player brings to the table as far as skill set goes.

Cavs dont have the defensive anchor and the weakest of the players in love.

Wade and Bron are too similar as far as the heat go.

hwalker84

From that pic instantly I throw Golden State out of the picture since they haven't even played a game together.

Celtics.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I don't even like basketball, but I'm going with the Heat. GoldenState trio haven't played a down yet, we'll see when they're actually on the field.

-d0hv

Matticers

Celtics. Three future surefire hall of famers. I think that team came together when they were all over 30 years old too. Imagine those guys in their 20's together? They would have wrecked everyone.

Ledbetter

Even if they are counting recent big threes (from what I see), I think the Spurs Parker/Duncan/Ginobili must be there.

But for the ones that are in there, I'd go with the Celtics, with the Heat just a bit behind. No reason to put the Warriors there when they even haven't played one game together.

kunonabi

Celtics for me but again the Spurs should on there especially since the Cavs don't qualify and the Warrior's selection shouldn't even count for a couple of reasons.

Of note, however, I'm very surprised that Bleacher Report left out the obvious Big Three: The Chicago Bulls years via Jordan-Rodman-Pippen. Personally, I would still take that big three over all of them

So would almost everyone else, and it wouldn't be much of a debate.

I hate to pick the Dubs before they've even played a game, but it has to be them. No team has ever had two league MVPs in their prime before like this.

Matty77

Celtics. They won a finals and went to but lost one in the tail end of their primes. Anything they have done since was role player status. As others mentioned if that team had been together earlier they would have dominated and would be on the all time list instead of the last gasp of some aging superstars.

PreFire

First of all, Klay is better than Green.
Second, a lot of omissions on this list.

I'd vote Steph KD and Klay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom