• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blinx 2 Preview

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Games Domain

My favorite quote:

Probably the most relieving aspect for players of the original is that there are absolutely no time limits any more. Gone are those stressful moments when the clock was ticking, and you risked starting a level over because of that pesky timer. Time crystals are also easier to find. In the last game, such power-ups were only available upon killing baddies that never respawned; now, whenever you're in dire need of a crystal, more enemies will appear, fueling your time-tweaking odyssey.

An added co-op mode accommodates two players for much more replay value. Puzzles that would normally only take one person are expanded. For instance, there's the deceptively simple challenge that requires you to freeze time and uncover several squares that are submerged in the water by running over them. But with limited time and more pieces to uncover than in the single-player version, it takes two sets of paws to complete the task.

Could this actually turn out to be good. Despite the beating the original takes, it wasnt awful, and with some adjustments could have been an excellent title. Who knows, perhaps this will do the trick.

I like the sound of those changes!

Give it a proper camera (not forcing you to control it with the right thumbstick) and it'll be a winner.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Some new (I think) screens on the official site.

sim-blinx2-001.jpg

sim-blinx2-002.jpg

sim-blinx2-003.jpg

sim-blinx2-004.jpg

sim-blinx2-005.jpg

sim-blinx2-006.jpg

sim-blinx2-007.jpg

sim-blinx2-008.jpg

sim-blinx2-009.jpg

jedimike

Thx for the pics, looks great. I somewhat defended the original game. It starts out too easy and then gets way too hard. Some more tweaking and it would have been great.

It's a fun game... especially for less than $10.

Top Bottom