• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard started offering automated instant refunds for Warcraft III: Reforged

Mista

Banned
WARCRAFT-3-REFORGED-NAGAS.jpg

Not eligible after 72 hours. Looks like Blizzard surrendered this battle

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

All this just makes me scared about what they would do with a D2 remaster. Come on Blizzard. These are cherished franchises you be fucking with.

That's a pretty nice move. In my mind blizzard and valve (and to a lesser extent rockstar) are two great turn of the century companies, with a bit more integrity than most (but not all) other ones... This kind of backs that up.

But how the heck could they release a game without having anyone with any brains play it and say it's a pile of doodoo? Maybe there's a culture of fear at blizzard with regards to speaking out to creative leads or whoever it is who makes the decision on the relevant things~ maybe wow's devolution kind of gave them carte blanche for zero-f*ck-givery~

Stuart360

Man its been a rough couple of years for Blizzard. It doesnt seem that long ago that the likes of Blizzard and Bethesda were the darlings of the industry. Hell i have even seem some people start to turn against CDProject Red.
It seems they all turn to the darkside in the end.

Man its been a rough couple of years for Blizzard. It doesnt seem that long ago that the likes of Blizzard and Bethesda were the darlings of the industry. Hell i have even seem some people start to turn against CDProject Red.
That's a pretty great comment to come just after mine :p probably speaks to how extremely recently i returned to caring about contemporary game releases...

Shin

Banned
That's how it should be and some companies can learn from this.
It's easy to obtain something, but the hurdles to get your money back requires too many steps with often a long wait.

small_law

So...does Blizzard pull it from the store? They could issue an apology and say "It won't be back until we fix it." If you bought it and kept it, it's still yours, but this feels like one of those times where the publisher yanks the game off the shelf.

Vawn

Banned

What did CDPR do?

Stuart360

What did CDPR do?
Dont know exactly, i saw some people on Steam saying they were changing. It was something to do with Microtransactions i think. I know some people were also a bit annoyed that they pulled a Rockstar with the whole 'There are no plans for a next gen version of Cyberpunk' when most people know there probably will be. I think they may of also said something dodgy recently concerning mods, i dont know.

It's all about greed. AAA companies will continue to push the line so see how much their customers will tolerate. It's about maximizing profits to make shareholders happy.

Top Bottom