• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard to announce new Overwatch, Hearthstone, and Heroes content at PAX East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
PAX East runs from March 6th-March 8th.

PAX said:
Blizzard Preview: Hearthstone, Overwatch, and Heroes of the Storm

Bold new heroes, exciting new cards, and epic new battlegrounds. . . . Join a trio of Blizzard Entertainment developers for a look at just some of what’s in store for 2015, including upcoming content for Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and Overwatch.

PANELISTS:
Dustin Browder [Game Director, Heroes of the Storm], Eric Dodds [Game Director, Hearthstone], Jeff Kaplan [Game Director, Overwatch]
Source: http://east.paxsite.com/schedule

sasliquid

Hearthstone was my game of the year and I'm excited for Overwatch so i need this in my veins.... don't care for MOBAs though

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Dr Boom nerf on the main stage

Make it so

Strider

At least part of the HotS content will surely be showing off Sylvanas. Definitely ready for some new Hearthstone content as well and anything Overwatch has my attention.

Alavard

At least part of the HotS content will surely be showing off Sylvanas. Definitely ready for some new Hearthstone content as well and anything Overwatch has my attention.

Hopefully they show some Heroes other than just Sylvanas, as she's likely to come out only a week or two after PAX anyway. After the release of Jaina, Thrall, Lost Vikings, and Sylvanas, we really don't know at the moment who the next few Heroes will be.

We've of course got plenty of clues of future heroes, and confirmation that Deckard Cain is in early stages of concept/development, and we know as of that recent interview that there are 6 more heroes available in their internal test builds (and presumably Sylvanas counts as one of them), but that's all.

V_Arnold

I really hope Overwatch is coming soon.
I love the design, I need a new FPS, and I still love Blizzard.

GIVE IT TO ME!

Zaph

Judging by the expansion rate, is it safe to say Hearthstone has been a runaway success?

I ask because, being completely unfamiliar with trading card games, is "card bloat" at thing that exists or did I just make it up? Does the potential number of playable cards just keep ever increasing and new players just have to learn them all? Or are old cards phased out of rotation?

Cornbread78

Man, my buddy has extra tickets, but $150 bucks is tough to swallow.. My daughter wants to go also, so that would be $300 bucks...

Judging by the expansion rate, is it safe to say Hearthstone has been a runaway success?

I ask because, being completely unfamiliar with trading card games, is "card bloat" at thing that exists or did I just make it up? Does the potential number of playable cards just keep ever increasing and new players just have to learn them all? Or are old cards phased out of rotation?

Yeah, Hearthstone seems to be an overwhelming success for Blizzard, especially considering it's such a small team that's working on it.

As far as card bloat, I think Hearthstone will have a ways to go until that's a problem. Compared to most card games the number of cards is still relatively modest and there are tons of cards that are pretty much auto-include in most decks. Still a lot of room for variety in future expansions.

jediyoshi

Panel will be streamed

Cu672cK.png

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/569972601822400513/photo/1

Ikael

Hearthstone news? Buzzard un-nerf, pretty please.

Also, we need more cards. And new heroes. And Starcraft themed cards. And a magical wizard ponycorn too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom