• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard to remove inappropriate references from Azeroth

Tg89

I’m confused. That post is from November 2013 but the Cosby allegations didn’t happen until late 2014 after the Hannibal Buress bit from October 2014. I know there were rumblings before that but Cosby was still very much a respected public figure at that point.

He had a few different allegations by then.

nush

It was called the Cosby suite, they just got the name wrong in the legal document, for whatever reason. They literally had a portrait of him in the room.

yPbOEy1.png

ogaRIZu.png

There was me thinking the name was JUST an injoke.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Not good enough. They let shit like this go on for years. But now that they were caught, they are “so sorry” and “deeply heartbroken”. Like fuck off, if no one said anything you would have continued to let your employees get harassed. Lying fucks.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I’m confused. That post is from November 2013 but the Cosby allegations didn’t happen until late 2014 after the Hannibal Buress bit from October 2014. I know there were rumblings before that but Cosby was still very much a respected public figure at that point.
Its not just about bill cosby, if you read the accompanying texts, they were leads talking about getting women drunk and bringing them up to their hotel room

CitizenZ

Banned
If you have stock in this debacle, free advice, sell. however, it may bottom around $60 hold and prior to D2 remaster then buy again.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What a shit show.

I used to follow Alex Afrasiabi (Furor Planedefiler) back in the EQ days, probably since early 2000 and, yeah, his rants were pretty crazy and hilarious. Of course they were vulgar and edgy as shit, as was how most stuff on the Internet was back then. Jeff Kaplan (Tigole Bitties) was the guild leader of another "uber guild" on a different server and engaged in similar postings and rants. Their EverQuest fame got them jobs at Blizzard, so yeah, it doesn't much surprise me that the entire Blizzard culture at the time very much was in line with them.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The pictures really do make them look like a bunch of nerds trying really hard to act like they are college party-boys.

They stretched the 90s/early 00s culture they had going a bit too far. As soon as millennials started joining the company, it was game over for their old ways and now it's catching up with them.

nush

They stretched the 90s/early 00s culture they had going a bit too far. As soon as millennials started joining the company, it was game over for their old ways and now it's catching up with them.

Absolute facts dropped.

treemk

Banned
What a shit show.

I used to follow Alex Afrasiabi (Furor Planedefiler) back in the EQ days, probably since early 2000 and, yeah, his rants were pretty crazy and hilarious. Of course they were vulgar and edgy as shit, as was how most stuff on the Internet was back then. Jeff Kaplan (Tigole Bitties) was the guild leader of another "uber guild" on a different server and engaged in similar postings and rants. Their EverQuest fame got them jobs at Blizzard, so yeah, it doesn't much surprise me that the entire Blizzard culture at the time very much was in line with them.

It kind makes sense, probably on the brink of becoming incels until WoW's success gives them wealth and power over their employees, then they go off the deep end....years later their guilty conscience motivates them to grovel at the feet of SJW culture.

Last edited:

nush

It kind makes sense, probably on the brink of becoming incels until WoW's success gives them wealth and power over their employees, then they go off the deep end....years later their guilty conscience motivates them to grovel at the feet of SJW culture.

You had me in the first half, but didn't stick the landing.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Yeah, I'm sure that fixes everything, crisis averted, good job Blizzard. /s

They're managing this just like they managed the Blitzchung controversy, so not at all: a lot of empty platitudes and small (cost-free) gestures that fix absolutely nothing, multiple public excuses with a hidden hint of smug "still we were kinda right anyway", while behind the curtains they 100% stand for their original course of action and just wait for people to get bored of it and move on.

3852_6101440e94f468.20554301.jpg

Last edited:
I never did pop in and see how reee are taking bill cosby getting off and out of jail..anyone have the greatest hits??

Feel free to check it out yourself. It's a lot of shitting on the prosecutor for fucking up so bad, while also acknowledging that Cosby is a massive piece of shit who should still be in prison. A lot less defending Cosby's actions over there though compared to our friends here.

Feel free to check it out yourself. It's a lot of shitting on the prosecutor for fucking up so bad, while also acknowledging that Cosby is a massive piece of shit who should still be in prison. A lot less defending Cosby's actions over there though compared to our friends here.
I think here focuses more on the cancel culture and not the person….I agree that he probably is a lucky and most likely a rapist but there are countless other examples of mob justice which people are just sick of.

edit…and if you even farted in the direction over there of Cosby being innocent you would be banned quicker than a sudden end to a Biden press conference due to him starting to dribble

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Some examples include:
  • Fras Siabi's Axe from Dire Maul is now Grimm's Cigar Cutter;
  • All Fras Siabi references in Stratholme, both the dungeon and pet challenge, now direct to Ezra Grimm - Such as the mini-boss Ezra Grimm, The Great Ezra Grimm quest and Ezra Grimm's Advertisement;
  • All Furor items have been renamed - Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying is now Nostro's Compendium of Dragon Slaying.
  • The Autographed Picture of Foror and Tigule now only features Tigule, a reference to Jeff Kaplan.
  • Field Marshal Afrasiabi in Stormwind has been replaced by Field Marshal Stonebridge;
  • Lord Afrastrasz at Wyrmrest Temple is now Lord Devrestrasz;
  • Pathstalker Kariel in Eversong Woods is now Pathstalker Avokor;
  • Shard of Afrasa is now Shard of the Splithooves

Last edited:

frontovik

Banned
That sure is some interesting DAMNATIO MEMORIAE.

Foror/Fras Siabi in the game was really only a name to me back when I played WoW -- forgettable then, will be forgettable now.

Tschumi

Again, and this is consistent about this stuff, i couldn't fucking care less lol... a scumbag losing his name in the most succesful video game oat? who caaaaares

Top Bottom