• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne DLC: how to access bloodborne the old hunters expansion.

Jpope

Neo Member
For peeps who have bought it already, Is it worth it? If I do buy the dlc, I don't have PS+ so I will only be able to get the bosses and offline content.

For peeps who have bought it already, Is it worth it? If I do buy the dlc, I don't have PS+ so I will only be able to get the bosses and offline content.

When it comes to these games, the answer is always invariably YES.

Believe me, as good as Soulsborne games are when it comes to co-op and whatnot, they are an equally amazing, albeit completely different beast when played offline. The oppressive atmosphere, the sense of struggle and accomplishment... Bloodborne shines in complete isolation.

Oh wait so people are playing it now?

Yep! Since about 1-2 days. Pretty much most of the dlc has been uncovered i think, so i would really recommend blackout for like 40 hours until it releases officially. Spoilers are pretty rampant in most BB related places.

Hyunkel6

When it comes to these games, the answer is always invariably YES.

Believe me, as good as Soulsborne games are when it comes to co-op and whatnot, they are an equally amazing, albeit completely different beast when played offline. The oppressive atmosphere, the sense of struggle and accomplishment... Bloodborne shines in complete isolation.
The messages left by other players and the phantoms are two of the most defining features of the series though, imo, especially in the first few days when everyone is trying to figure shit out. You really feel that you are part of the community and that you are not struggling by yourself. No other games come close to that. I actually renewed my gold subscription for the 360 for those features back in the DS2 days. :)

Well the Video embargo appears to be Monday at 10am est according to when Giant Bomb puts up there quicklook.

thank you
btw less than 24 hours to go

XismVUX.jpg

VertPin

Without anyone spoiling me, can you guys tell me what level I should be for the expansion? I have literally eight characters, all ranging from level 60-195.

I am really hoping to use my Arcane/Bloodtinge build first for the expansion, and it is level 65. Fear not, I can easily grind and get to the recommended level...but I would love to know what it is. :p

The messages left by other players and the phantoms are two of the most defining features of the series though, imo, especially in the first few days when everyone is trying to figure shit out. You really feel that you are part of the community and that you are not struggling by yourself. No other games come close to that. I actually renewed my gold subscription for the 360 for those features back in the DS2 days. :)

That's actually a really good point. I forget that we'll all be going through this glorious hell together as noobs. They are defining features, no doubt, but I personally wouldn't feel like I've missed out on the content as intended if I had to trudge through it on my own. It's up to the type of player you are, I guess.

Manu

Can I get an estimate on speed run from just starting ng+ to DLC area?

Purchase depends on answer.

You should be able to get there in like an hour, if you:

start the game
skip Cleric Beast and kill Gascoigne
reach Cathedral Ward
buy the emblem to open the gate behind the Cathedral
kill Amelia

EDIT: Beaten.

That's actually a really good point. I forget that we'll all be going through this glorious hell together as noobs. They are defining features, no doubt, but I personally wouldn't feel like I've missed out on the content as intended if I had to trudge through it on my own. It's up to the type of player you are, I guess.
Both styles have their merit and are both fun. I'm in the first playthrough offline camp though. I like that virgin playthrough to be just me and the game.

sarcoa

Without anyone spoiling me, can you guys tell me what level I should be for the expansion? I have literally eight characters, all ranging from level 60-195.

I am really hoping to use my Arcane/Bloodtinge build first for the expansion, and it is level 65. Fear not, I can easily grind and get to the recommended level...but I would love to know what it is. :p
Recommended level (for a regular new game, I assume) is 65.

Kalentan

Yep! Since about 1-2 days. Pretty much most of the dlc has been uncovered i think, so i would really recommend blackout for like 40 hours until it releases officially. Spoilers are pretty rampant in most BB related places.

Whats the feeling towards it? Good? Bad? Meh?

Fhtagn

But you're not stuck in Painted World if you've already placed the Lordvessel?

As long as there's warping, I don't see why not.

You are stuck in two places in Dark Souls. You can't warp from The Painted World and you can't warp from
Seath's prison library

You can however warp from the DS DLC and that's why you can't reach it until you can warp.

Hmmmm to start a new character or to just run my NG+ character to that point.

Think I will go fresh.

If its been awhile since youve last played, I think its best to start completely fresh. I don't even remember the control scheme its been so long sine Ive played. So I don't wanna risk my new game plus character. Besides they added some other stuff to the game so you might as well start new.

Hiw is everyone else approaching things?

Wrapping up the chalice dungeons, I can unlock the cursed defilement and Great Isz. Is... Isz necessary to reach the last chalice dungeon? Not looking forward to defilement, not one bit.

Wrapping up the chalice dungeons, I can unlock the cursed defilement and Great Isz. Is... Isz necessary to reach the last chalice dungeon? Not looking forward to defilement, not one bit.
Isz is good for racking up a crap ton of Blood echoes relatively easily. It's not required.

fastmower

Defiled is the required one. I can give you a great tip that worked for me on the 3rd defiled boss if you want some advise.

Isz is good for racking up a crap ton of Blood echoes relatively easily. It's notNot required.

Defiled is the required one. I can give you a great tip that worked for me on the 3rd defiled boss if you want some advise.

Oh yeah, doesn't Isz have that room with like 50 Martians? I seem to remember farming echoes there for a while.

I'll take that advice :p This is actually my second Platinum run, I've did all this shit before, there's just so much to keep track of and I did my first playthrough in less than 2 weeks when the game came out, so it's been like early April since I've played it.

Top Bottom