• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Kinsei

Banned
So I died after going back to the Cathedral after starving best and I got teleported to some unseen village.

Things are one shooting me lol. What level is recommended here? I am only 28.

Where is the Lantern? I am tired of dying to one hit.

But to mention the lame telegraphing homing grab these monsters do.

I'd recommend at least beating two more bosses and your first chalice dungeon or tow before attempting this place. The lamp is about halfway through. Run past all of the sack enemies and you should reach it pretty quickly.

So I died after going back to the Cathedral after starving best and I got teleported to some unseen village.

You got kidnapped, enjoy your game inmersion, look for the lamp and go away

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh fuck... I just noticed that I had the chance (with a bit cheating :p) to get the Platinum on the first Playthrough... Fuck, now I am annoyed.

Guess it is Karma or something.

Edit: Wait - I am going to get one Thropy for
accepting the offer, one for declining and one for getting all three umbical cords? There a fourth related to Gehrmann?

Nev

Banned
Edit: Wait - I am going to get one Thropy for
accepting the offer, one for declining and one for getting all three umbical cords? There a fourth related to Gehrmann?

Three. The second one (declining) is the one that is related to Gehrman. You can get all three of them in the "same" playthrough by backing up your save file. I did that on the second playthrough but it was ultimately unnecessary because I ended up beating the game 4 times anyways lol.

Things are one shooting me lol.
I am tired of dying to one hit.

Those never really stop oneshotting you tbh. I mean, twoshot is more accurate but they'll always hit really hard anyways.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Three. The second one (declining) is the one that is related to Gehrman. You can get all three of them in the "same" playthrough by backing up your save file. I did that on the second playthrough but it was ultimately unnecessary because I ended up beating the game times anyways lol.
yeah, but the one I cant do it related to the Umbilical Cords and I fucked up because I already ate all three...

There's an easy way to deal with the kidnapping bag men if you watch their behaviour. Also that place is a good spot for early Twin Shard farming.

Sarcasm

I just prob don't have enough HP to be safe from it. Thing grabbed me through the damn wall. Was weird watching half of its body lol.

So what achievements are really miss-able that aren't the endings?

BHK3

Banned
I just prob don't have enough HP to be safe from it. Thing grabbed me through the damn wall. Was weird watching half of its body lol.

So what achievements are really miss-able that aren't the endings?

There are 3 badges that are missable, meaning you won't get these 3 weapons needed for the Hunter's Essence trophy.

Crow Hunter Badge - Kill Eileen or complete her quest

Wheel Hunter Badge - Kill Alfred or complete his quest

Old Hunter Badge - Big Ending spoiler
Choose 'refuse' and beat the boss. However if you haven't eaten all 3 umbilical cord, the game will end and you will be on NG+ so you won't be able to go back. If you HAVE eaten the cords, you can simply die right after the first boss fight and then go to the bath messenger shop and buy your weapon

Sarcasm

There are 3 badges that are missable, meaning you won't get these 3 weapons needed for the Hunter's Essence trophy.

Crow Hunter Badge - Kill Eileen or complete her quest

Wheel Hunter Badge - Kill Alfred or complete his quest

Old Hunter Badge - Big Ending spoiler
Choose 'refuse' and beat the boss. However if you haven't eaten all 3 umbilical cord, the game will end and you will be on NG+ so you won't be able to go back. If you HAVE eaten the cords, you can simply die right after the first boss fight and then go to the bath messenger shop and buy your weapon

Alfred died in the boss fight, am I screwed?

Sarcasm

I can't even teleport to the tomb, says not available....which means she is there I bet lol

There is nothing at the graveyard. No Eileen...

So why couldn't I teleport there from the hub? I had to run all the way there.

I mean I got everything from Eileen in the first area..she should be there. I am screwed ain't I.

Think I will come back to this tomorrow (my time).

I guess you can't teleport there when the fight with Henryk is active.

Did you speak to her just outside of the Cathedral Ward, she is stood looking out just to your left as you exit, she can be quite difficult to see what with all the similar coloured statues. This is the second place she moves to, if you only met her in her original location she will be here.

Sarcasm

I guess you can't teleport there when the fight with Henryk is active.

Did you speak to her just outside of the Cathedral Ward, she is stood looking out just to your left as you exit, she can be quite difficult to see what with all the similar coloured statues. This is the second place she moves to, if you only met her in her original location she will be here.

She wasn't there and I ran back to the tomb. Nothing =S lol.

Pretty sure I opened the gates required. I have exited and the game and whatnot.

I will just sleep on this..maybe will just work at some point >.<

derFeef

Old Yharnam is no joke. Am I there too early? Have not fully explored Cathetral ward yet, maybe I should go there first, haha.

Diancecht

Soooo. I've never played a Souls game before... Until yesterday. I just started playing Bloodborne, I thought I would hate it but oh my god, this game is so much fun. I came to Old Yharnam and got my ass handed to me because I tried to kill the machine gun dude.

Above everything else, I am loving the world, the lore, bosses, enemies, architecture. The concepts in this game are fucking dope. Being an hunter, the hunt night, that Crow lady, Father Gascoigne, little dudes that give me tips and shit, the bloody doll. aaaaAAAA! Is every Souls game like this? Or this one is an exception?

Pixieking

Banned
Soooo. I've never played a Souls game before... Until yesterday. I just started playing Bloodborne, I thought I would hate it but oh my god, this game is so much fun. I came to Old Yharnam and got my ass handed to me because I tried to kill the machine gun dude.

Above everything else, I am loving the world, the lore, bosses, enemies, architecture. The concepts in this game are fucking dope. Being an hunter, the hunt night, that Crow lady, Father Gascoigne, little dudes that give me tips and shit, the bloody doll. aaaaAAAA! Is every Souls game like this? Or this one is an exception?

A bit of both, I would say - the Dark Souls games all have similar concepts and themes to Bloodborne, though they're Fantasy/High Fantasy worlds as opposed to Victorian Steampunk-style. But at the same time, Bloodborne is definitely the distillation of everything Souls, and even Dark Souls 3 - which came after Bloodborne - seems to be less than Bloodborne.

Which is not to say they're bad games - absolutely the opposite. But if you go into the Dark Souls games expecting Bloodborne, you'll be disappointed. Go into them expecting the same kind of exploration, but not quite as amazing a world as Yharnam. The same kind of fighting mechanics, but slightly slower. The same camera, but slightly worse (so more deaths due to it). And, occasionally, a slightly unfair "how the fuck was I supposed to know that????!" attitude - more trial-and-error and learning from mistakes.

Melchiah

She wasn't there and I ran back to the tomb. Nothing =S lol.

Pretty sure I opened the gates required. I have exited and the game and whatnot.

I will just sleep on this..maybe will just work at some point >.<

The link I posted mentioned these steps:
You must have opened two gates first: (A.) The large gate to the circular area, towards the Cathedral; and (2.) After going up the stairs, a short way, and turning right, you will have to pull a lever to open the smaller gate, leading back to the Cathedral Ward.
Killing Darkbeast Paarl causes her to disappear.
Killing the Witch of Hemwick before speaking to her in Cathedral Ward also causes her to disappear from this location.

If you've went past those, she'll be where
Vicar Amelia
was, after you've beaten
Rom.

Diancecht

A bit of both, I would say - the Dark Souls games all have similar concepts and themes to Bloodborne, though they're Fantasy/High Fantasy worlds as opposed to Victorian Steampunk-style. But at the same time, Bloodborne is definitely the distillation of everything Souls, and even Dark Souls 3 - which came after Bloodborne - seems to be less than Bloodborne.

Which is not to say they're bad games - absolutely the opposite. But if you go into the Dark Souls games expecting Bloodborne, you'll be disappointed. Go into them expecting the same kind of exploration, but not quite as amazing a world as Yharnam. The same kind of fighting mechanics, but slightly slower. The same camera, but slightly worse (so more deaths due to it). And, occasionally, a slightly unfair "how the fuck was I supposed to know that????!" attitude - more trial-and-error and learning from mistakes.

Got it.

Also, I guess its my blind noob luck but I actually killed Father Gascoigne in one try. To be fair, I knew where he was and the music box thing so I made sure I got it before fighting him. Don't know what the hell happened but I did him. Heard he was one of the tougher bosses in the game, especially for noobs like me. Bridge demon was way harder than Gascoigne.

The same camera, but slightly worse (so more deaths due to it).

I found the exact opposite personally. I do love Bloodborne but the camera is very erratic and prone to jerking suddenly or being very unwilling to lock onto foes for an unknown reason. The camera ain't perfect in Dark Souls by any stretch and it may be just the result of playing a faster character but overall I find the Bloodborne camera to be far more troubling then it ever was in DS.

Sarcasm

The link I posted mentioned these steps:

If you've went past those, she'll be where
Vicar Amelia
was, after you've beaten
Rom.

I have not killed
vic
yet. Only up grandpa and the optional beast.

She finally showed up this morning, so who knows what happened as I did nothing extra.

Than I went and fought the dude. So next is I have to beat a spider than another dude, right?

How hard is he.

Btw I am freaking lost lol.

I have not killed
vic
yet. Only up grandpa and the optional beast.

She finally showed up this morning, so who knows what happened as I did nothing extra.

Than I went and fought the dude. So next is I have to beat a spider than another dude, right?

How hard is he.

Btw I am freaking lost lol.

Well, he's not easy. That much I'll say. I feel I read tho he was patched to not be so hard but I also feel like I'm prob wrong on that. It's a doozy of a battle tho.

Pixieking

Banned
I found the exact opposite personally. I do love Bloodborne but the camera is very erratic and prone to jerking suddenly or being very unwilling to lock onto foes for an unknown reason. The camera ain't perfect in Dark Souls by any stretch and it may be just the result of playing a faster character but overall I find the Bloodborne camera to be far more troubling then it ever was in DS.

Huh... I went from Bloodborne to The Ringed City DLC and I cursed the camera in DS3 far more loudly and angrily than I ever did in BB. :D

I've just made it to Yahar'Gul, Unseen Village in my first play-through.

Have to say I didn't enjoy the game much at all for the first few hours, but without question I would now say it's the best game I've played in the last 10 years. So, so good.

Sarcasm

Huh... I went from Bloodborne to The Ringed City DLC and I cursed the camera in DS3 far more loudly and angrily than I ever did in BB. :D

I have to say most of my deaths to grandpa father boss was due to the camera in bloodborne.

The boss would be infront of me and just lose lock on.

Unlike ds3, I kind of really need lock on -.- in this game.

I've actually only played DS3 for about an hour, so yeah perhaps From have messed with the camera in that game far worse then ever before. But comparing Demons Souls, Dark Souls 1,2 and Bloodborne I have had far more irritating faulty camera instances in Bloodborne then any of the others and I haven't even finished BB yet.

Pixieking

Banned
I did not expect the most contentious thing about that post to be about the camera. :D (I expected it to be about the Souls series being unfair, but good to know the camera beats that for some people. :p )

Sarcasm

So really the only missable achievement is the weapon one which needs Eileen's quest to be completed right?

I asked because I did some platforming in a tower near the Cathedral Ward where there was a
door
in the middle.

It lead me to a different version of the
Main hub where I got the doll outfit, hunter bone, and third umbilical cord. Did I mess anything up? What is this place?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You didnt messed something up
you discovered a "secret" area, the original hunters workshop.

And you cant miss that one, you either
let her die and get the badge for the weapon or you complete her quest and get the weapon directly.

So really the only missable achievement is the weapon one which needs Eileen's quest to be completed right?

I asked because I did some platforming in a tower near the Cathedral Ward where there was a
door
in the middle.

It lead me to a different version of the
Main hub where I got the doll outfit, hunter bone, and third umbilical cord. Did I mess anything up? What is this place?

I don't think there are any missable achievements in a single playthrough as long as you back up before the last boss.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Beast Claw + Beasts Embrace is so much fun. How have I not tried them together before now?

I am the greatest beast in all of Yharnam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqnPIUsLWS4

Yep they're fun. I wrecked Ludwig with them, used only 3 vials (sadly took a screenshot instead of a video clip, grrr).

That said, here's an even more lol boss fight with them (mashing R1, the fight):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHWLNvhAv_s -- song didn't even have time to kick in xD
and even more lol (yes it's coop but my friend, the host, didn't even need to do anything xD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1vVL_hZOX0

Top Bottom