• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Deku Tree

Is it true that Bloodborne 2 is in development and it will be exclusive again to PS?

There was a fake promo image the other day.

yeah, then died agin so i assume they are gone for good

If you die with zero echoes then they're gone for good. If you die with echoes then your bloodstain contains the echoes you had when you dies.

You can also quit the game in the menu when at the boss. When you load next time you'll be right outside the boss area.

If you die with zero echoes then they're gone for good. If you die with echoes then your bloodstain contains the echoes you had when you dies.

You can also quit the game in the menu when at the boss. When you load next time you'll be right outside the boss area.

died to boss, picked them up, died to him again, died to another enemy before picking them up but had some echoes on me

Deku Tree

Yeah a lot of people don't realize that when they play their first Bloodborne or Souls game... you gotta go back to the hunters dream and upgrade your weapon at the workbench.

Matt Frost

Bloodborne is a Sony IP, if there's another Bloodborne, it will be exclusive to PS. Don't know about any BB2 rumors though and I hope they try something else, BB felt complete and Souls games need a break.

Ahhh ok. I thought it was a From Software IP for Sony. Didnt know Sony actually owned the license. Good to know!

And another: Ahhh ok... A friend was saying about a Bloodborne 2 the other day... This time (since I screw up in the past with unchecked info trusting a website) I wanted to ask around to confirm or deny this info. Thanks!

Soulhouf

Oh i wasn't complaining about it being easy, just stating that i found it so. I often summon through all the soulbournes games as i really enjoy that aspect of these, i'd hardly call it easy mode
when its a feature these games are designed around
. The other rehashed boss being the L
iving
F
ailures
being very similar to C
elestial
E
missary
only a bit larger, less of them and with a mechanically dull, though beautiful, variation of R
om's
attack.

The original version of Bloodborne actually didn't have NPC summons except for 2 bosses I believe. They were added later, so originally they weren't really designed with NPC summons in mind. I'm not saying you shouldn't summon NPCs but I think you should know that it's different than the other Souls games in that regard.

Sulik2

Omg finally got Ludwig. Took me 8 tries. That was by far the toughest boss in the game. Feels good.

Haha he isn't even the toughest boss in the DLC. Kos and Maria are both more difficult and the last six chalice bosses are all more difficult. The boss difficultly continues to scale up in a way I did not expect after playing the main story.

Haha he isn't even the toughest boss in the DLC. Kos and Maria are both more difficult and the last six chalice bosses are all more difficult. The boss difficultly continues to scale up in a way I did not expect after playing the main story.

Nice! I was kinda disappointed with the base game difficulty tbh. I haven't done any chalice dungeons either lol

Deku Tree

Lost to the second boss again despite having the music box, he transformed way earlier this time too

You can cheese him in the second phase by running around the big square thing by the stairs. Try to get him stuck around a corner of the square and take cheap hits. Chip away at his health that way.

Or use the music box and take a few quick hits and the. Run away.

Beat the bastard, put simply I fought him normally in phase 1, but managed to hurt him a bit more just before he changed. Phase 2 I used the music box, annoyingly he was attempting a long range lunge at the time, sidestepped it and wailed on him while he was taken aback by it. After he recovered he was one heavy hit from death so just smacked him while leaving myself open, we traded, I won. That was hard.

I found parrying him in beast form was pretty hard, especially as the blunderbuss is slow

I'm thinking about making a hunter tools build, but I haven't found a single one yet. I'm in the cathedral ward. Am I close to any hunter tool?

Finally got enough chunks to get another weapon to +9 so I decided to give my Saw Cleaver a break and try out Ludwig's Holy Blade. It's really good. Now I just need to get another blood rock.

SDR-UK

We need a new subtitle, guys! I propose:

Bloodborne |OT+++++| The Hardcore Version of Dark Souls

Total sarcasm fyi

Based off the thread in gaming discussion a few weeks back.

Deku Tree

We need a new subtitle, guys! I propose:

Bloodborne |OT+++++| The Hardcore Version of Dark Souls

Total sarcasm fyi

Based off the thread in gaming discussion a few weeks back.

I like Bloodborne it was my first FROM game too, but going back to it after DS3 the stats and build variety and weapon selection are very small compared to Souls. Although that can be good too. I hate having to worry about my weight in Souls (but it makes sense why they do it otherwise everyone would just wear Havel set lol).

Got the brooch after that boss, i knew the 2 things you could do with it from a search earlier about the music box, decided to do the 'right' thing rather than keep it

I don't think many people would agree that Maria is more difficult.

Hell, I have a harder time with Living Failures, but to be fair no one would agree with me on that either.

The original version of Bloodborne actually didn't have NPC summons except for 2 bosses I believe. They were added later, so originally they weren't really designed with NPC summons in mind. I'm not saying you shouldn't summon NPCs but I think you should know that it's different than the other Souls games in that regard.

Oh, i wasn't talking about NPC summons but rather other players, which i really enjoy doing in Dark Souls too. I try to avoid the none player characters as their just a distraction at best, unless they made a lot of improvements to the Bloodborne ones. I did play through and complete Bloodborne at launch, only coming back this past week to grab the Platinum and play through the DLC. The bosses do scale based on the amount of players there, so it is a feature these games are built around.

We've had this discussing many times over the years but choosing to summon in these games in not choosing to play the game in an easier mode, more so not summoning and ignoring one of the games key features is choosing to play in a harder mode. (Not aimed at you Soulhouf, i just sometimes see people shaming players for summoning in these games, which is daft)

Top Bottom