• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

One of the things they need to change are letter grades for weapon scaling - like we know there's differences even within the same letters, so why not just show that specific number to the player? We even get gems that boost stat scaling by a certain amount and those are set with numbers.

Surge

Pretty sure I have seen it asked on here plenty of times but just to make sure..gatling gun guy fell off the side so if I just exit and go back his loot should be next to the gun?

Ark

There's a lamp exit not too far from where you are. Just up a couple flights of stairs and past a couple enemies.

You've gotten to my favorite farm spot so far in the game if you can pull it off. Those bag dudes drop a good amount of souls as well as Twin Blood Shards.

Yeah I found it, I managed to cheese the guy guarding the stairs, but I can't seem to party them?

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Pretty sure I have seen it asked on here plenty of times but just to make sure..gatling gun guy fell off the side so if I just exit and go back his loot should be next to the gun?

Just quit and reload the area and it will be there.

Finalow

I think From really has a hard time making dexterous weapons not suck ass. Every game the big heavy ones are always better it seems.
uhm, not at all.
twinblades and cane are pretty good weapons. the "big heavy ones" are far from being the better ones, nor they were the better ones in the other games.
Dark Souls? Falchion with DMB. etc.

He cleared the workshop, so he should have found the way to the backside of that gate, so he won't need to buy the key.
oh he meant the church workshop. well it's easy to find where's the next boss from there.

moowear

Is it possible to get invaded while playing offline? It appears that I just have and died because of the fight. And now that I'm back at the area where they killed me, there seems to be multiple fights going on haha. Is this a glitch?

I've read that the "Contact" Gesture is in the Upper Cathedral Ward affixed to a statue? However I haven't been able to find it... could someone point me in the right direction. Also assume that I'm coming from the Cathedral Ward Lamp. Thanks
You can't get the key to the upper ward until you beat R
om

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Celestial Emissary
... whut >_>

man, people were crazy when they said there was only 1 bad boss in the game :D

yami4ct

Yeah I found it, I managed to cheese the guy guarding the stairs, but I can't seem to party them?

Not sure if they can be parried. They probably can. Most enemies can. I just quickly stun lock them with a huge charge shot, hit them a few more times and finish them off when they're doing their charge up for their berserk state.

JimPanzer

wow...uhhm. is the cane really bad against bosses?
I've beaten every boss of the game and chalice dungeon, but the cleric beast destroyed me with my new character (no NG+). I remember this fight being much easier in my initial playthrough. Is the cane just bad against bosses?

Kinsei

Banned
So Im not going to send the dude in the woods to the cathedral, but should I send him to the clinic or just kill him?

Clinic.

I've beaten every boss of the game and chalice dungeon, but the cleric beast destroyed me with my new character (no NG+). I remember this fight being much easier in my initial playthrough. Is the cane just bad against bosses?

It is at the start, but become a beast when you upgrade it.

This is not how you spoiler tag. But yes. Just exit the game right there then reload.

Dresden

Range makes it somewhat punishing against CB, just abuse whip mode.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If you opened the second one
(iron gate) then from the lamp it's just elevator > keep right at the wall till you come to a drop (with an hooded axe guy) > drop > keep a bit right (since to your right is a cliff) a small drop to a way with lamps, follow it but keep right till the iron gate shortcut. Then just follow the path till fog.
Thanks. Will keep this in mind once I get home.

Celestial Emissary
... whut >_>

man, people were crazy when they said there was only 1 bad boss in the game :D

Ikr it was like
Rom
except this time the boss only got bigger and the smaller ones could be done in with a few wide swipes. That was poor tbh.

xPhinehas

In the beginning it kind of is. It was my first weapon. I was getting wrecked for the first 3 bosses until I got it upgraded enough. Gotta use different tactics.

Moofers

I put two upgrades into mine before that fight and it seemed to be doing the damage I expected.

Obscured

How long do you need to devote to a single play session to make any progress? I think I will probably pick this up at some point, but I'm not sure if it is a game for me or not, so I'll most likely wait for an eventual GOTY version or when it drops in price (and I have a terrible time with console exclusives as I have a nagging feeling it will show up on PS+ eventually), but if it is the kind of thing where every single time I will need to set aside a couple of hours than it probably isn't for me (not that I'm unwilling, I just want the option to sometimes pop in for 20-30 minutes and then pop out).

I know there is no way to pause the game and there can be a big distance between lamps even if you know where they can be found (sorry, I'm somewhat familiar with the game, but have been trying not to be spoiled and only a passing awareness of the previous souls games, so maybe I'm using the incorrect terminology).

While trying to skim the different bloodborne threads I haven't found an answer to that question though I realize there is probably a big variance between different players.

Ferrio

Banned
Late game question involving arcane things..
So how good is that speed spell? I don't have much arcane, but I'd be willing to bump it up to 15 if that speed skill is actually helpful. I've seen the npc hunter use it, but not sure what exactly it's doing for him other than making him look badass

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys im scared of this second
upper cathedral
boss, I remember you peeps saying its hard :(

I've used nothing but the cane, no major problems so far. Taken down around 10 bosses with it, including chalice dungeon bosses.

SeanTSC

I'm liking the Chikage, and it's certainly not bad... but I can't help think it would be way easier if I was lugging around a Ludgwig on a Str build.

Ludwig doesn't really use a Strength build though. It ends up with B/B for Strength and Skill, need both. The 1H form is also a pretty fast weapon.

Kinsei

Banned
How long do you need to devote to a single play session to make any progress? I think I will probably pick this up at some point, but I'm not sure if it is a game for me or not, so I'll most likely wait for an eventual GOTY version or when it drops in price (and I have a terrible time with console exclusives as I have a nagging feeling it will show up on PS+ eventually), but if it is the kind of thing where every single time I will need to set aside a couple of hours than it probably isn't for me (not that I'm unwilling, I just want the option to sometimes pop in for 20-30 minutes and then pop out).

I know there is no way to pause the game and there can be a big distance between lamps even if you know where they can be found (sorry, I'm somewhat familiar with the game, but have been trying not to be spoiled and only a passing awareness of the previous souls games, so maybe I'm using the incorrect terminology).

While trying to skim the different bloodborne threads I haven't found an answer to that question though I realize there is probably a big variance between different players.

20-30 minutes is enough to make progress if you don't die too much.

It's so that I can co-op with my friend when he gets the damn game. All it really means is that I get one-shotted really easily, but that just reminds me of Dark Souls again (where Manus at level 25 was a lot more challenging, honestly). M
artyr
L
ogarius
will be causing me problems for a while, though.

Tell me about it. I got all the way to
Log
with only 11 vitality. Lot's of deaths. Makes you learn how to use the gun properly though, so that's nice.

I spend at least an hour if I want to progress through the game (I always explore as much as I can), maybe 20-30 minutes if I just help people fight bosses. There is no actual pause button, but you can quit to title screen and when you reload your game, you will start exactly where you left off. And lamps aren't needed to save progress, just that you will start at the last lamp you touched if you die.

ogbg

You can quit at any point and it will resume where you left off. Lanterns aren't necessary for saving progress between sessions

Kssio_Aug

Can someone explain me, why I could not ring the bell to call a co-op partner in all my way through the church until
Vicar Amelia
??

No one? =(
I can't understand, in that Cathedral District I can't call any help. The bell is just grayed out! =/

PvP is so damn fun. Its like how it was in demons. Its still early so most of those i fought were suspect to riposte since they kept slashing. Lol.

Reule

Question about after beating Rom...

Did I miss a lantern there to light? I looked around and there was nothing but the lady who initiated the cut scene with the teleport. Just curious because I read somewhere there was a lantern at the Moonside Lake (for whatever reason).

I already got off the game for tonight, otherwise I would've checked myself.

Soulflarz

Banned
I did the same on my first playthrough. Anything change if you do/don't?
Nah, she did some new shadow attack
with a clone
I've never seen before, but idk.

I mean
you fight the queen in a chalice dungeon and it's obvious shes pregnant, so yeah idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom