• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamc723

To be honest? Google a weapon list >.> Theres not that many. If you're 20 hours in, you might be able to get the majority, or you may be able to get none. What bosses have you slain?

I just took a look at them and my Saw Cleaver is already upgraded to around 140 damage, which is far better than any other weapon's base damage output. So what's the point in getting them?

Shengar

Got my very first invation lol which I killed in like 30 seconds but at the nightmare frontier I killed the bell ringing lady that doesn't mean I can't get invaded anymore right :( I can see why people want to make the NF the main hub for pvp it's fucking gorgeous.....

But I didn't fuck it up by killing her though right ????? :/

I think she'll respawn when you reenter the area.
Also it seems Nightmare Frontier is a popular PVP arena, as I enter for 10 seconds I already invaded lol

Aeana

What level are you? Dodge diagonally towards his swing :p
You should be able to stun him in 5 or so hits, if not come back with a more powerful weapon later. I tried it before that, and I've done it that harder way, it really isnt fun or worth your time. (I can share play to see how youre doing it if you want, but yeahh. I have nothing going on now that this game is beaten :V)

Dont lock on, stay around his side/back legs, and swing away, he falls down after a few good hits. He was EZ :D

I checked out a couple of videos, and to my surprise, everybody does way more damage to him than I do. I'm 32 with a +5 saw cleaver or a +5 rifle spear sub. I do about half as much damage as I see in every video, and take dramatically more (the AoE he does nearly kills me from full health).

guess I'm coming back later.

Soulflarz

Banned
I just took a look at them and my Saw Cleaver is already upgraded to around 140 damage, which is far better than any other weapon's base damage output. So what's the point in getting them?

Upgrade the others to do more?

This is the issue of bloodborne- it locks you into one weapon. Go waste 30m and upgrade a different weapon and try it out, you wont regret it.

For example though, my ludwig greatsword is in the high 600s and if I actually wanted to boot the game again I can drag it into the 800s with an arcane buff. Thats never happening on a saw cleaver :p

MilkBeard

The movement speed and range, as well as the type of attacks a different weapon has might be to your liking. It's worth it to try another. Ludwig's Holy Sword is a good one, it has good range, and the two-handed mode is beast.

Got a level 61 at Yahar'Gul Chapel, would appreciate a nice person to help clear out this area to the boss. It's taking my lunch money over and over! Haha

Just let me know, and I'll set up a password.

Vol5

It's weird to see most people having an easy time with D
arkbeast
P
aarl
. I feel like I get hit no matter how I dodge or which way I do it. I've never asked for help so far in the game, but I'm ringing my beckoning bell now. (._. )

Legit fucked off with this boss until I just thought fuck it, bought fire cast on right handed weapon and as soon as I was in the arena ran as fast as I could towards him, few hits and he was stunned. Somehow got a special R1 in his head which took him down to half life then made sure he didn't power up his electricity. Stunned him again, few more hits and he was down. Took about a minute.

Grisby

So I'm hitting the Upper Cathedral now getting some optional bosses and...the story is just getting weird.

It's going in
a Cthulhu direction
and I can dig it. Also, some of Bloodbornes more atmospheric zones are scarier than full survival horror experiences. Damn.

Soulflarz

Banned
I checked out a couple of videos, and to my surprise, everybody does way more damage to him than I do. I'm 32 with a +5 saw cleaver or a +5 rifle spear sub. I do about half as much damage as I see in every video, and take dramatically more (the AoE he does nearly kills me from full health).

guess I'm coming back later.

I mean I did it in your situation, I just had a different weapon. I think I already had ludwigs greatsword because I knew where to grab it and I grinded 20k for it :p go look into getting that :3

Is there anything to do in that room?

Oh, the room with the...uh..whatever thing? Giant bowl?
Nope, door opens later. Carry on with your day :p

You know what I love so much. When you level up a bit and you start dropping enemy's from old areas in one hit and you start having a bit of swagger in your step and then some dude walks up to you and rips your head off.

Soulflarz

Banned
How the fuck do you get in on
Paarl?

Dodge towards his lightning was my strategy, then hit once or twice. If you cant stun him in a reasonable amount of time, you're probably not strong enough for him yet. He also takes awhile to learn so yeah, youll be out of vials before you kill him without being strong enough.

Aeana

I mean I did it in your situation, I just had a different weapon. I think I already had ludwigs greatsword because I knew where to grab it and I grinded 20k for it :p go look into getting that :3

Oh, the room with the...uh..whatever thing? Giant bowl?
Nope, door opens later. Carry on with your day :p

I have it, I don't like it. It's way too slow for me.

BizzyBum

How the fuck do you get in on
Paarl?

It took me like 15 tries before I found out you can stun him when he's charging his electric aoe. He ends up stunned for a bit where you can get 2-3 free hits. Just need to keep dodging underneath him and getting a hit here and there and wait for him to charge and keep stunning him.

Kssio_Aug

I'm in the cathedral heading to the third boss. Just died 10 times and condo use some help. The beckoning bell is still grayed out -- well before I enter the boss area.

Stack 10k blood echoes, go to the hunter dreams, and buy a key with the messengers. Use the key in the gate up the staircase guarded by a giant with an axe. After that you will be able to summon again! The same happened to me!

Soulflarz

Banned
I have it, I don't like it. It's way too slow for me.

It is very slow. However, that is a boss you need a strong weapon for. And you can actually get a fully charged hit in on him at times. So while it's slow, look for openings? S-sorry.
As for normal enemies, yes, I tend to stick to the sword half.

But the greatsword can stunlock bosses for your entire stamina bar, which is kind of overpowered :p

Soulflarz

Banned
It took me like 15 tries before I found out you can stun him when he's charging his electric aoe. He ends up stunned for a bit where you can get 2-3 free hits. Just need to keep dodging underneath him and getting a hit here and there and wait for him to charge and keep stunning him.

Actually, each leg has it's own hp bar I think. And if you knock him down unelectrified you get a free riposte. So it's a lot more than 2/3 hits in the end.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you have the
tonsil stone you get sent to a new area that leads to another new area with a secret boss.

Elaborate please. Do you mean
lecture hall -> nightmare frontier?

You can be killed by them, but I think their visual reveal is tied to in-game progress. I saw it before killing
Rom
, but right after getting the
tonsil stone
, which seems to me the real trigger.

I got the tonsil stone and still didn't see them until after killing Rom. I also had lower insight since I kept spending it as well.
So don't think that is the trigger. I even
"used" the stone to get sent to the lecture building, and it was invisible then as well, except for the cut scene that happens when it picks you up.
It really seems like the trigger is either high insight, or
killing Rom.

Neiteio

Decided to do Cainhurst before Unseen Village. Took at least four tries (including one where I had him down to a pixel of HP), but I beat ML.

There were several key strategies:
1) Parry/riposte when he raises his scythe; 2) charged R2 to stagger and backstab when he charges his buff (this is nearly essential); 3) disengage lock-on and run around the spires to heal; and 4) hit or shoot his sword when he plants it in the ground for the "sword storm" attack.
Afterwards, I
joined the Vilebloods
!

Next I'll see what this Unseen Village is all about.

Soulflarz

Banned
W
itches
down on NG+ and that fight still was incredibly easy. Maybe NG++!

Yeah, this is why I suggest chalice dungeons for a challenge instead. NG+ is kind of broken easy at some point.

Gotta beat him honest. Dodge attacks, dash to him, hit a couple of times and then back off.

Orr stunlock him in a corner \o/

Uh? I have four (endgame spoilers)
thirds of the umbilical cord. >_>

Extras so that if you screw up once you have another shot at the ending.

ButchCassidy386

Neo Member
Ugh, I had to quit tonight. I've seen people say
blood starved beast
is the easiest boss, yet I've failed 5+ times. I've even summoned help twice. I've used up all my oil, Molotov, and fire paper.

I suck. Need to just go back to the beginning and farm. I'm level 26.

ufo8mycat

Totally confused about weapon damage between my Hunter Axe (Starter weapon) and the
Ludwig Holy Blade

Weapon stats are:

Hunter Axe :
ATK : 181 +194
Blunt : 181
Slash : 0

Ludwig Holy Blade
ATK : 181 +270
Blunt : 181
Slash : 181

Now I tried it against a werewolf in
Nightmare Frontier
. Hunter Axe did more damage even though its stats are lower as above

Tried against a human, again Hunter Axe did more damage

This is using the R1 attack.

So I am confused.
Hunter Axe has lower ATK stats yet does more damage. Is this because it was my starter weapon and somehow it gets some kind of pirority regardless of stats?

Reveirg

Whew, finally got M
artyr Logarius
down...

Knowing you can get rid of that sword on the ground makes all the difference.

Voke

Banned
Is that boss in the end of the Project Beast trailer still in the game? I'm at the final boss and no sign of him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom