• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qblivion

Need a hint at where to go to next.

I beat the BSB, and also encountered an enemy that
when it kills you I awoke in some prison and everything in there is super hard and kills me instantly.

What the fuck at the guy inside B
ygrnwerth

I just wasted all my bloodvials, a firepaper and mashed and mashed with my 6+ Spear and this bitch is still alive.

HOW DO I BEAT HIM

Drizzay!

How have you been friend? How far have you gotten in BB and what's your level and favorite weapon/build?

haha hey Darryl! I've been doing well good sir. Haven't posted much in these OTs since they move so fast but I've been playing a whole lot of the game. Just finished my first play-through including all optional areas, did everything solo like usual for me in Souls games.

Next I'll be starting NG+ / working my way through the Chalice Dungeons. I think I'm ~Lv90-91, build is mainly Strength with some Skill. Approximately 27 Vit/ 29 End/ 47 Str/ 27 Skl with low BTinge+Arcane.
Ludwig's Holy Blade
dominated pretty much everything, lol. Definitely want to level up BT and Arcane eventually to play around with other stuff like
Chikage
and
Evelyn

How about yourself? How're enjoying BB so far? Seen some of your OT posts and sounds like you've been digging it.

GavinGT

Banned
triangle? That's for using vials. there was no action besides "use lever" and it didn't work.
no idea what's going on there.

also lost my hunter rune in this run because Eileen decided to don't show up at those fucking events and she went hostile in the end.
gg game

Well, whatever the button is to switch between two things when they're stacked on top of each other. For instance, to pull a lever rather than read the message that's right next to it. A prompt comes on the screen if there are multiple context-sensitive things you can do.

ironcreed

Banned
And credits. Despite maybe one level I am not fond of from a progression standpoint and the inferior blood vial system, I still think that this is easily one of the greatest games ever made. Right along with Demon's and Dark Souls. But I have to say that as much as I love the Souls series, Bloodborne has it beat in art, atmosphere, level design and gameplay. Just blown away by it on the whole.

Does anybody have any tips against D
arkbeast Paarl
? Every time I go into the area to fight him, I get my ass handed to me before I can even land a hit off.

I'm not sure if I'm underleveled or not - I just hit level 48. The last boss I beat was R
om the Asshole Spider
and now everything has gone tits up.

when it kills you I awoke in some prison and everything in there is super hard and kills me instantly.
You aren't supposed to be there. Try to escape and then go to the Cathedral Ward lamp to find your way.

What the fuck is that Hunter in Father Gascoigne's location.

His Bloodtinge stat must be at 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 for that one gun bullet to cause such a ridiculous damage.

What a pain in the arse. What'd you get for beating him?
You get his heir badge, extra echoes when you kill with a visceral attack. I cheesed the fuck out of him. Poison knives plus kiting ftw

Uraizen

Banned
So... for those of you who have experienced that elevator glitch, does it carry over into NG+? If you've been watching the threads like a hawk, feel free to tell me if you have or haven't seen an answer to this. I don't want to play through NG+ just to find out it's still stuck.

taoofjord

Well, I cheesed
ROM
after getting my ass handed to me half a dozen times.
I was level 51 and charged him with the electric flail. By the time he teleported away he was already down to half his life. I killed him the next time and never even had to touch one of the small spiders.
It's a really lame way to kill him. If it was the weapon and not the fact that I was overleveled then I'd like to see them patch it.

After killing him, instead of going through the
Unseen Village
I decided to explore
Cainhurst
. MAAAAAN this place is awesome. It's my favorite location in the game so far. Also, after that boss fight this game really cranked up the horror. Just walking around
Yharnam
with the
crying baby and cthulhu monsters on the buildings is wonderfully scary
. I love this game.

I'm really looking forward to reading up on the lore/story analysis once I beat the game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anyway, want to ask you guys for some advice: I am at 20/21/20/10/9/8 for Vitality/Endurance/Strength/Skill/Bloodtinge/Arcane. Do you folks think I should start focusing on Skill or should I invest still in Vitality/Endurance/Strength? 95% of the time so far I use an Axe with occasional Kirkhammer, but I heard some good stuff about Ludwig's Holy Blade...?

Quoting myself.

Holy shit the rapidness this thread moves.

You get his heir badge, extra echoes when you kill with a visceral attack. I cheesed the fuck out of him. Poison knives plus kiting ftw

Hoooo.... I never considered buying those knives.... they work well?

Finalow

Who is
the lady in the white dress outside of Mergos Wet Nurse? Should i kill her?

In nightmare of mensis
you already saw her, after you killed Rom. :p
she's the
old queen of blood, secret boss. you find her in probably the hardest chalice dungeon in the game.

I was just able to buy another new set after beating a boss in a chalice dungeon.
Madman Set
yes that garb is really nice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Who is
the lady in the white dress outside of Mergos Wet Nurse? Should i kill her?

In nightmare of mensis

not cool to kill ladies who were
abused by ancient demon gods and gave birth to a demon god baby :(

It's just her
ghost
anyway

taco543

I need some help a fellow gaffer and I are both on N
ightmare Mensis
we're both right by the lamp, I'm a level 101 and he's a level 93 yet we're having a hard time connecting to each other we've been sitting here for 30+ minutes to no avail, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas we can try to get us to connect? We've connected before and never had any issues but for the last two days its been acting really strange.

haha hey Darryl! I've been doing well good sir. Haven't posted much in these OTs since they move so fast but I've been playing a whole lot of the game. Just finished my first play-through including all optional areas, did everything solo like usual for me in Souls games.

Next I'll be starting NG+ / working my way through the Chalice Dungeons. I think I'm ~Lv90-91, build is mainly Strength with some Skill. Approximately 27 Vit/ 29 End/ 47 Str/ 27 Skl with low BTinge+Arcane.
Ludwig's Holy Blade
dominated pretty much everything, lol. Definitely want to level up BT and Arcane eventually to play around with other stuff like
Chikage
and
Evelyn

How about yourself? How're enjoying BB so far? Seen some of your OT posts and sounds like you've been digging it.

Rip roaring as usual I see. I will join you in NG+ in 3 weeks. :/

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Does anybody know about that closed door down in the tomb that's in that area west of the cathedral ward, the spot down the stairs from that huge boulder swinger?

GavinGT

Banned
I need some help a fellow gaffer and I are both on N
ightmare Mensis
we're both right by the lamp, I'm a level 101 and he's a level 93 yet we're having a hard time connecting to each other we've been sitting here for 30+ minutes to no avail, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas we can try to get us to connect? We've connected before and never had any issues but for the last two days its been acting really strange.

Both of you should try exiting the game and going back in.

Timeaisis

Whoever thought it was a good idea to force the player to farm blood vials after each failed boss is my archnemesis. It makes this game so frustrating.

Also, how the hell do I dodge
Ameli's
attacks? I keep getting trounced regardless of which way I dodge.

Don't try and fight your way out of there.
Run up the stairs, light the lamp and escape.
You'll come back there eventually...

Kinsei

Banned
Does anybody know about that closed door down in the tomb that's in that area west of the cathedral ward, the spot down the stairs from that huge boulder swinger?

The one that says it's closed? It seems like it was cut content/was a shortcut back to where you fought CB.

ironcreed

Banned
Quoting myself.

Ludwig's blade scales with skill and strength and is more powerful than the axe. I switched over to it for the last 6 bosses and stayed with it the whole way, with mainly a focus on strength and vitality. It is simply a beast of a weapon. Especially once you get it to +10.

SRTtoZ

Git out of there. Its a later game area, but you can stay if you want, its a good challenge.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have no idea where I'm going in
Forbidden Forest

Quoting myself.

Different knives, I htink I found poison knives as a drop somewhere , 3 were enough to poison him and it lasts like a minute +. I had to reapply poison once and throw in a few hits to finish the job

I like Ludwig more then kirkhammer, you'll need 12 skill to wield it so I say put two points there

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i have the last boss and chalice to do left then off to ng+ wooo

Same but I think I'll spend some time with chalice dungeons and then finish the game. I'm not a big NG+ person

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The one that says it's closed? It seems like it was cut content/was a shortcut back to where you fought CB.
Oh, weird. You'd think they'd just turn off the interactivity on the door if that was the case.

Rip roaring as usual I see. I will join you in NG+ in 3 weeks. :/

lol I needed somewhere new to focus my obsessive tendencies now that DGAF is hibernating... I've been debating making a new character just to have a lower level guy that can join friends' games but I have a hard time totally starting over in these games.

If you ever see me and fellow DGAF'ers hanging out in a BB party chat, feel free to hop in and shoot the shit about the game or w/e. Same goes to Darryl, Deku or anyone else, we've had a bunch of BB-DGAF parties over the last week.

Zafir

I'm really struggling with them at the moment. I'm gradually starting to improve but getting back to them every time is so tedious. Even with shortcuts. Other bosses haven't bothered me because you generally have more time to size them up, but here if I get caught it's over super quick

Have you unlocked both elevators? If so it's a really quick run from the lamp.

Neiteio

So... for those of you who have experienced that elevator glitch, does it carry over into NG+? If you've been watching the threads like a hawk, feel free to tell me if you have or haven't seen an answer to this. I don't want to play through NG+ just to find out it's still stuck.
There's an elevator glitch in this game? Where, and how does one avoid it?

lol I needed somewhere new to focus my obsessive tendencies now that DGAF is hibernating... I've been debating making a new character just to have a lower level guy that can join friends' games but I have a hard time totally starting over in these games.

If you ever see me and fellow DGAF'ers hanging out in a BB party chat, feel free to hop in and shoot the shit about the game or w/e. Same goes to Darryl, Deku or anyone else, we've had a bunch of BB-DGAF parties over the last week.

"Hmm is this a boss area? Maybe I should spend my 60k Blood echos...well too late and lets see what happens"

I need urgent people to coop to beat a boss.

After the
wolf battle in the stage with the guy with a machine gun
I got a Calice. I don't know what to do now but I'm using the Calice on the first altar and I need help to kill this mother fucking
boss

PSN IN: SpartanForce
I have a mic but my english is poor.

Right now I don't have a clue about where to go.

Can someone help me?

I already killed:

Gascoigne
Amelia
shadow of Yharnam
One Reborn
cleric Beast
Bloodstarved Beast
Witch of Hemwick
Darkbeast paarl
Amygdala
Marty Logarius
Celestial Emissary
Ebrietas Daughter of Cosmos

Looking at the trophy list, it's missing two bosses. Does anyone know where to go from this list?

GavinGT

Banned
to return to the hunters dream? like bring up the prompt then pick no?

My friend and I were playing side-by-side and we couldn't co-op until one of us touched the lamp. At first it wouldn't let us touch it, then it let us do it (but didn't give the prompt to return to Hunter's Dream). The moment it let us touch it, it connected us. This happened like 3 times.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ludwig's blade scales with skill and strength and is more powerful than the axe. I switched over to it for the last 6 bosses and stayed with it the whole way, with mainly a focus on strength and vitality. It is simply a beast of a weapon. Especially once you get it to +10.

Different knives, I htink I found poison knives as a drop somewhere , 3 were enough to poison him and it lasts like a minute +. I had to reapply poison once and throw in a few hits to finish the job

I like Ludwig more then kirkhammer, you'll need 12 skill to wield it so I say put two points there

Thanks guys.

I don't know whether 20/21 Vit/Endurance is enough... but maybe it's time for me to start investing in Skill too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom