• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

I feel like I'm encountering a glitch against
Martyr Legorius

Whenever I attempt to parry him (I know I can do it, that's what everyone tells you to do) my bullets bounce off of him. I watching them deflect with no damage registered. I'm also seeing them pass through him. Has this happened to anyone else?

Soulflarz

Banned
is Alfred still around after you killed R
om
?

Yes, I sent him over to cainhurst endgame :p

Martyr Legorius

Whenever I attempt to parry him (I know I can do it, that's what everyone tells you to do) my bullets bounce off of him. I watching them deflect with no damage registered. I'm also seeing them pass through him. Has this happened to anyone else?

Second phase, try new stuff :p

Sami+

Getting some major Majora's Mask vibes after
Rom
, lol. Am I nearing the endgame? Feels like the climax is starting to ramp up.

Finally got through the village in the Forbidden Woods and-

AGH AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK FUCKING AGGGGHHHHHHHH

FUCKING SNAKES

I have now died like...10 times. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

I need help or advice for Rom.
I'm getting killed at the start of the second phase. I can't avoid the dropping rock. Running, dodging, it tracks too well. Not getting anywhere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do you know his location? i dunno why i keep missing him lol

Circle square with the 2 giants on the way to Amelia cathedral, there's a passage on the right side coming from Amelia, right behind the giant, then a door to the left of that and he's there chilling by a grave or tomb or whatever that is

Just beat my first chalice dungeon solo. Man. This game is unsettling as fuck. Especially with headphones on. Love it! No music playing. Just the sound of your footsteps echoing across the halls and the distant moans and cries of your enemies.

When Miyazaki said the Tower of Latria was his inspiration for the entirety of Yharnam and everything else he was not joking. This game has that same atmosphere nearly through the whole game. It's been absolutely engrossing and stunning as hell. I'm 30 hours in and haven't even finished the Forest yet lol. I just can't help but to walk all around these levels and take it all in. Amazing shit.

This may be my first 10/10 one of the best ever made type games in awhile. Well ... since TLOU anyways.

XxCGSxX

What type of weapon damage does Blade of Mercy do? Blunt or thrust? Don't know which gems to equip with.
Edit: NVM I'm dumb lol

nikos

I need help or advice for Rom.
I'm getting killed at the start of the second phase. I can't avoid the dropping rock. Running, dodging, it tracks too well. Not getting anywhere.

I'm ringing at the Byrgenwerth lantern if you want to join, though it seems joining is hit or miss right now. Changing the password to the one in the OT. Level 51.

EDIT: I can join you afterwards. Forgot you don't get credit for joining.

I need help or advice for
Rom
Walk slowly. The falling stones usually aren't aimed directly at you but to where you are going. Just change directions often and you should be fine.

Hollycat

Is it just me or is this game way waaaaay easier than dark souls? I'm only on the third area, but I didn't die to the second boss, and the only reason the third one got me was I knocked over my coffee. I don't think I even got hit in old town until the boss.

Elfstruck

Was kind of curious on the back story on them. Really interesting design, and it's made even creepier when you enter the room and they're all just sitting there.

Based from the BB's story thread, I assume that
those students were sent there to study the tombs of the elder gods

Dez_

Finally got through the village in the Forbidden Woods and-

AGH AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK FUCKING AGGGGHHHHHHHH

FUCKING SNAKES

I have now died like...10 times. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.
Have fun with that area! If you're the type of person that has to grab all the items in the vicinity you're going to be there for a bit! First time I decided to use coins to mark my path. It was pretty interesting.

Started a new char for Arcane, went with the Axe this time. Ok I concede even though I loved my Cane, this thing is pretty awesome. Anyway, if anyone needs help with a boss let me know, I should be working my way up pretty quick.

Get'sMad

Yeah after playing it through once it's def. like DeS and DaS where you can just cruise though it on a 2nd play-through since you know what you're doing.

Started a new dude (no NG+) after work today and took out
Cleric, FG, BSB, VA, and the Witch
while only dying a few times and never losing any significant amount of blood echoes. Was going to keep going tonight but stopped because I didn't feel like going through the damn
forest

Sakura

I'm not sure where to go >.>
I beat the 3rd boss, the one in Old Yharnam.
Then I went back to the Hunter's Dream, talked to grandpa, went to the church place to the new door that was opened, and rode the elevator. The place where there are old men in wheelchairs with machine guns.
I climbed the top of the tower, only to get to a door that was locked. So instead I went down, and carefully fell through the pit landing on shit, and then got killed by some big dude who carries a bag. Instead of dying I wake up in a jail place. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. Anyway I cleared out the enemies there, and found a bonfire lamp upstairs so I was like oh great.
I warped back to the dream to level up and stuff, but I can't seem to warp back? I really don't feel like going through all that shit again. Is there somewhere else I should be going?

i'm 90 hours in, i like to explore a lot. but i dont like to level up too much ,only for weapon requirements.

WHERE ARE THE LOW LEVEL WARRIORS GAF? HELP ME OUT .
I'm sorry, I don't level up a lot, but that's just stupid. Unlike DaS, weapon scaling is actually worth a damn in this game, level up. What do you even do with your souls? Buy hundreds of Molotovs? And I've explored every inch of the game and it's taken like 40 hours, what could you possibly be exploring for 90 hours?

Wait, Gherman isn't the guy who starts the game off for you, I just realized haha. Who the hell is that then?

Edit: Now that I think about it.

Ohhh

Sami+

Then I went back to the Hunter's Dream, talked to grandpa, went to the church place to the new door that was opened, and rode the elevator. The place where there are old men in wheelchairs with machine guns.
I climbed the top of the tower, only to get to a door that was locked. So instead I went down, and carefully fell through the pit landing on shit, and then got killed by some big dude who carries a bag. Instead of dying I wake up in a jail place. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. Anyway I cleared out the enemies there, and found a bonfire lamp upstairs so I was like oh great.
I warped back to the dream to level up and stuff, but I can't seem to warp back? I really don't feel like going through all that shit again. Is there somewhere else I should be going?

Buy the key thing for 10k Echoes from the Dream merchant and go back to the church place. Instead of going left go straight (? maybe right, I forget) and you should be able to open a big gate now.

Ostinatto

I'm sorry, I don't level up a lot but that's just stupid. Unlike DaS, weapon scaling is actually worth a damn in this game, level up. What do you even do with your souls? Buy hundreds of Molotovs? And I've explored every inch of the game and it's taken like 40 hours, what could you possibly be exploring for 90 hours?

I help others and pvp ?

nikos

Go back to the
Cathedral Ward
and take your first right into the little door. If it's not open, you need to buy the key for 10k echoes, but there's also a way to find it in the world for free. Not sure where though.

Soulflarz

Banned
Any recommendations? haha

I've watched people battle him online and the parry never seems to stop working.

Hit his sword in the ground to destroy flying swords?
I'm sorry, I don't level up a lot but that's just stupid. Unlike DaS, weapon scaling is actually worth a damn in this game, level up. What do you even do with your souls? Buy hundreds of Molotovs? And I've explored every inch of the game and it's taken like 40 hours, what could you possibly be exploring for 90 hours?

Theres a point where I think you should move on, and I feel like you hit it 60 hours ago :/

So many times I'll be playing this game, exploring, doing my thing, when I stumble on an area and know instantly "I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE" and leave as soon as I find a lantern. Happened the first time in the
Hidden City
, second time in the
Nightmare Frontier

Finally beat
Vicar Amelia
tonight! I literally fought that bitch from 8pm Saturday to 5am Sunday morning, About 3 hours Sunday night, and 3 hours today before taking a break. I was using a +3
Kirkhammer
and closest I came to beating her was getting her down to about 10% health when I ran out of blood vials and she caught me in a jumping attack and killed me.
So tonight I explored the
Hemwick
area to the left of the
Cathredral
and picked up some upgrade materials, and upgraded my
Kirkhammer
to +5.
Stomped the dogshit of
Vicar Amelia
on the second attempt after upgrading my weapon! So much relief after finally killing her.

In NG+ right now. Want to finish the Eileen quest, but I can't talk to her. My friend is co-oping with me, so does that effect it? Will she disappear after I beat Father G?

Astral

How do people even fight
Rom without killing the minions first? By the end there's like 50. How do you not get hit?

I help others and pvp ?
Are you just helping people fight Father G, BSB, and VicAm over and over again? I can't imagine there's a plethora of people that level past that point.

And at that point you're only going to PvP people who have no idea what they're doing, so what's even the fun in it except killing them super easy?

I'm all for playing the game however you want, but damn.

todahawk

Finally beat
Vicar Amelia
tonight! I literally fought that bitch from 8pm Saturday to 5am Sunday morning, About 3 hours Sunday night, and 3 hours today before taking a break. I was using a +3
Kirkhammer
and closest I came to beating her was getting her down to about 10% health when I ran out of blood vials and she caught me in a jumping attack and killed me.
So tonight I explored the
Hemlock
to the left of the
Cathredral
and picked up some upgrade materials, and upgraded my
Kirkhammer
to +5.
Stomped the dogshit of
Vicar Amelia
on the second attempt after upgrading my weapon! So much relief after finally killing her.

Beating a boss after so much effort is so rewarding, isn't it?

Sakura

Buy the key thing for 10k Echoes from the Dream merchant and go back to the church place. Instead of going left go straight (? maybe right, I forget) and you should be able to open a big gate now.

Go back to the
Cathedral Ward
and take your first right into the little door. If it's not open, you need to buy the key for 10k echoes, but there's also a way to find it in the world for free. Not sure where though.

Thanks, guess I will go grind 10k souls ;_;

Facism

Martyr Legorius

basically mate, you allowed him to perform his buff. There's a point in the fight where he'll stop and charge up, allowing you to get a few hits in. The problem here is that the buff will make it impossible to shoot him, parry or land vis attacks.

To mitigate this, when you see the animation where he stops and starts glowing, land a charged attack behind him. This will stagger him out of buffing if done quickly enough and open him up to a backstab.

You should be able to parry him to your hearts content afterwards.

How do people even fight
Rom without killing the minions first? By the end there's like 50. How do you not get hit?

Don't lock on. run in, hit 2 times, roll the fuck out. Rinse and repeat. Bolt paper makes this fight go past laughably quick.

LiK

How do people even fight

you need to move around and be patient until there's an opening and get in a few hits and get the fuck outta there. it only took me my 3rd try to beat him that way.

Really struggling with Shadows of
Yenhem. They move incredibly fast and when you get by the time I have one down and the other two close they start summoning screen filling snakes that fuck you over. Does insight make bosses harder? I do have 22 stored

Yo, so V
icar Amelia
was like, super duper easy. Anyone else feel this way. I literally just stood in one place and whacked her until she died. Same goes for the W
itch of Hemlock(e?)
. Though I didn't just stand in one place, it was really really easy. Maybe I just leveled up too much before these bosses? Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom