• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: TV commercial debuts, customisation features detailed

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Yes I'm too late, the super concern force already got the loooong load times thread up. Funny thing is, the gaffer who started the thread came from the "games with worst load time" thread and he suggested a thread specifically for Bloodborne.

Guess you have to scratch that concern itch....

The thought process behind it is something to marvel at, really.

Grady

Ps4 is only so powerful. Shorter loading times or less detailed game with fewer enemies to generate. Take your pick. I choose to wait a little longer. People grasp on to anything they can just to hate on something.

jimboton

Bit OT, but I was watching some of the potos of today's eclipse taken this morning in northern Europe:

solar-eclipse_8.jpg

solar-eclipse_19.jpg

... and I wondered, is there any precedent on using cosmic events to promote a game's launch?

Just what kind of powers does Miyazaki have exactly?

mtodavk

Hype levels have reached critical mass. Legit so excited for this that I don't think I'll make it until Tuesday.

Literally no other game this year matters to me if this is good.

Just watched this and also saw the story trailer from last month for the first time. My god, there are no words for how amazing it is to hear the Maiden's voice again (saying more than just "and so the nightly hunt begins").

This new trailer is also awesome and the music is great.

Any word on when preload goes live?

I believe one of the UK PS staff mentioned that it should be up the day before release around midday.

Thanks I revised it slightly with the words in bold. That's what I'm hearing at least

Yeah, that seems accurate. As much as some may dislike the song, at least it does fit the theme of the game. And that's more than you can say for a lot of songs that companies choose for marketing.

geordiemp

Never played a souls game. Want to coop it with my son...

How easy will it be to play this game together online ?

Every time I read a souls thread about one guy being a soul and summoning unknown stuff it does my head in.

And then in this game there is some bloody bell thing and a password...God, I just want to play coop damn it.

They always make it sound as if you have to pat your head while rubbing your stomach while standing on one leg to play together.

Is it easy to set up a coop session ?

If we go through the hoops will we always join each others game ?

Do we equally progress in the game or is it just for the host ?

Afrodium

Banned
Never played a souls game. Want to coop it with my son...

How easy will it be to play this game together online ?

Every time I read a souls thread about one guy being a soul and summoning unknown stuff it does my head in.

And then in this game there is some bloody bell thing and a password...God, I just want to play coop damn it.

They always make it sound as if you have to pat your head while rubbing your stomach while standing on one leg to play together.

Is it easy to set up a coop session ?

If we go through the hoops will we always join each others game ?

Do we equally progress in the game or is it just for the host ?

It's not as simple as just sending your friend an invite, but it's easier than it's ever been. This game allows you to set a 'watchword' for your world, and only people with the same watchword will be able to do-op with you. If you and your friend have the same watchword then you'll be good to go. To initiate co-op the host rings a summoning bell item and the other player has to ring some other bell that I forgot the name of. Progress will only be made for the host, and I think the co-op partner will be banished after you defeat a boss or if they die.

Really tempted to buy a PS4 just for this, but I've never bought a console for one game. =/ =\

That trailer though, fuck. D: After the letdown DS2 was I really want to play this. Looks so much better.

geordiemp

It's not as simple as just sending your friend an invite, but it's easier than it's ever been. This game allows you to set a 'watchword' for your world, and only people with the same watchword will be able to do-op with you. If you and your friend have the same watchword then you'll be good to go. To initiate co-op the host rings a summoning bell item and the other player has to ring some other bell that I forgot the name of. Progress will only be made for the host, and I think the co-op partner will be banished after you defeat a boss or if they die.

Lol, looks like we will be playing each level twice up to the end of each boss...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Fantastic trailer. I loved the footage and the song. I thought it melded together incredibly well, especially considering that the song was commissioned for the commercial, and not just some >insert popular song here< that we normally get for many game trailers.

I have my CE pre-ordered, but I don't plan on taking any days off. I'm saving my vacation days for E3 this year, and ideally for me and my wife's trip to Hawaii this fall if we can swing it (fingers crossed I have enough saved up by then!).

Afrodium

Banned
Lol, looks like we will be playing each level twice up to the end of each boss...

I will say that if you've never played a Souls game and are looking for a co-op experience then you might be really disappointed. They're not co-op games at all and make you jump through hoops to play the entire game in co-op. Inviting other players into your world is intended to only be used when you need assistant getting past a boss. Like I said, when you beat a boss or one of you dies then the session ends, to you'll both have to restart the co-op session each time one of those things happens. If you make it to the end of the game playing this way then I commend you.

Vroadstar

The thought process behind it is something to marvel at, really.

What's even incredulous is, creating a Gaf thread about it is not enough for him, he went out of Gaf with his concern and even specifically pointed it out to a website, which was then picked up by N4G.

Then he updated his original post saying it may not be the case after all, talk about spreading FUD.

FrankWza

how did they not use the man in black himself for this? was it a money thing? his voice is perfect for this world.

HORRORSHØW

What's even incredulous is, creating a Gaf thread about it is not enough for him, he went out of Gaf with his concern and even specifically pointed it out to a website, which was then picked up by N4G.

Then he updated his original post saying it may not be the case after all, talk about spreading FUD.

that's hilarious. threads like those are good for weeding out trolls, at least.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Games journalism at its finest.

Some guy is complaining about nothing...

TO THE NEWS MOBILE!

Oh, wait, no. It's false information...

TO THE NEWS MOBILE!

Respawn

Banned
Bit OT, but I was watching some of the potos of today's eclipse taken this morning in northern Europe:

solar-eclipse_8.jpg

solar-eclipse_19.jpg

... and I wondered, is there any precedent on using cosmic events to promote a game's launch?

Just what kind of powers does Miyazaki have exactly?
Very nice pics jimbo

Top Bottom