• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Apple's next big focus will be in augmented reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kthulhu

I personally don't see this becoming a reality for at least another half decade, and even then it won't be practical.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I personally don't see this becoming a reality for at least another half decade, and even then it won't be practical.
You can buy an MS Hololens right now. So it's already a reality... but no it isn't really practical for the market.

something tells me anybody trying to downplay iTunes and how it shaped the modern music business wasn't old enough to remember the world (especially in terms of online) pre-iTunes.

The music industry was absolutely fucking clueless about how to deal with the internet and song downloading until Jobs and Apple gave them the kick in the ass.

It's basically equivalent to saying "I don't believe the years 2001-2010 actually happened"

someday.gif
Lol, where is this from?

Amazing.

Two Words

Mac (more of a past success. not that big currently anymore) and iPhone. That's it
There is a reason Apple is called a one trick pony
iPod was the base for iPhone and died with the iPhone
iTunes is a side product, nothing unique and nothing people could not live without. some people still hate it and other still don't even know it. especially today, when your iPhone is synced via cloud and you don't need iTunes anymore
iPad is not a big success and just a bigger iPhone. side product, too if you want to name it that way.

Just like Microsoft has 3
Windows, productivity software and Cloud

Amazon has 3
ecommerce, cloud and digital content

Google has also 3
Search, Android and services
We have a poster here who doesn't count the iPod as a major success for Apple....

Illucio

Banned
In AR I see a ton of value in geotagging locations. (For a good example watch Eden of the East.)

Geotagging social media app will be the next big thing for sure.

Maybe a game where you see everyone as their avatar or dressed up as their favorite character?

A lot of fun ideas. But nothing really practical other then fun things on the side.

Onaco

Announcing the Apple "i". $2000 for one, $3500 for a pair. Installation fees will be based on surgeon's price.

MrGerbils

Mac (more of a past success. not that big currently anymore) and iPhone. That's it
There is a reason Apple is called a one trick pony
iPod was the base for iPhone and died with the iPhone
iTunes is a side product, nothing unique and nothing people could not live without. some people still hate it and other still don't even know it. especially today, when your iPhone is synced via cloud and you don't need iTunes anymore
iPad is not a big success and just a bigger iPhone. side product, too if you want to name it that way.

Just like Microsoft has 3
Windows, productivity software and Cloud

Amazon has 3
ecommerce, cloud and digital content

Google has also 3
Search, Android and services

Apples services made just about as much profit as Google's android, chromebook, and play store combined. So if you're gonna count Android and Services as two separate noteworthy things for Google, you need to count a bunch for Apple.

Google has one thing: advertising. Every single other thing for them is a side project, or something that's mostly just used to drive more advertising.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Reading comprehension... He didn't say they never did anything worthwhile
What part of "they have been very uninspired with their innovations for a long time now." did you not comprehend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom