• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Capcom Sees 1200% Gain Over Decade - Largest JP Publisher In Terms of Countries w/ Sales

ByWatterson

Can someone make a Jeb meme but with Capcom/RE/Monster Hunter?

Like maybe Wesker instead of Jeb?

Please.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah they had a massive slump for too long but they are back in form these days. My fav Japanese dev and publisher.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hands down the best videogame developer on the planet.

What other studio is releasing AAA games in a timely manner and they're nearly all gems? Multiplayer, single player, current gen, old gen, multiple platforms, VR, etc. In-house engine too! Capcom is the sole reason I continue to invest in new hardware.

Capgod is the gospel truth.

Last edited:
DeNA is mainly known for mobile games and Capcom is still outpacing them. Amazing stuff.

Bandai Namco needs to step it up. They're sitting on a goldmine of anime licenses but they keep giving nearly all of them mediocre games.

bender

What time is it?
And, Lord willing, Konami shall also return
hahaha-no.gif

Yeah it seems like with MH World all the sudden they just exploded in popularity. And then with RE 2 Remake in 2019 it was just like everything they sold was gold

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Its deserved, they abandoned their fetish with western development, developed DMC, RE etc in house again while dropping co-op bullshit, as well as expand MH to consoles and did a great job on SF6 directly from launch day. Their games are better and their profits are so too.
just Imagine where they would be today if Capcom was still obsessed with western developers 😳

Last edited:
You dodged my point, ok

I didn't dodge anything. The games will eventually release on PC and sell there. FF7R did. So day one releases on PC wouldn't dramatically change SE's fortunes.

Your point was the PS-exclusive deals were causing them to bleed money. Not only is SE not bleeding money, but the deal doesn't significantly impact SE game revenues. Their games sell more on PS than any other platform. If they didn't SE wouldn't sign the deals in the first place.

Last edited:

Kakax11

Banned
I didn't dodge anything. The games will eventually release on PC and sell there. FF7R did. So day one releases on PC wouldn't dramatically change SE's fortunes.

Your point was the PS-exclusive deals were causing them to bleed money. Not only is SE not bleeding money, but the deal doesn't significantly impact SE game revenues. Their games sell more on PS than any other platform. If they didn't SE wouldn't sign the deals in the first place.

Still weren't day 1 on PC, SONY boy Jim Ryan bought the exclusivity for 2 years on FF7R and now FF16 just because he wants his 720p machine to be pretty

Rival

Gold Member
It’s almost as if making good games will lead to being successful in the games industry. Who knew?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Insomniac. But even then they don't have the breadth of genres and franchises that Capcom does.
Yea, I love Insomniac but what have they released besides Ratchet and Miles Morales? Those were launch titles too for the most part. Sony 1st party is just dragging ass as far as I'm concerned.

Capcom's efficiency is on another level when it comes to releasing games.

Top Bottom