• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon DS revealed (no details yet) AND Trading Card Game announced

Aeana

Father_Brain said:
I'm pretty sure that's an actual, physical card game.

Seems that way to me, too.
The DS announcement and the card game could very well be separate. It doesn't actually say "DS" anywhere.

Kafel said:
Card Game ?

604developpeurs20070921_185609_1_big.jpg

Boo

duckroll

a) looks like the TV anime designs
b) minigames? gtfo
c) they mention battles... maybe its a rpg? a fighter? what is it?
d) profit

Nolan.

duckroll said:
a) looks like the TV anime designs
b) minigames? gtfo
c) they mention battles... maybe its a rpg? a fighter? what is it?
d) profit

Marumaro's riding his shadow so maybe you have to hunt the cards down or something.

jarrod said:
It's Blue Dragon: Party Animals! :lol
Party in the dark would be better.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Very smart from MS's part. I do not really care for Blue Dragon, but if they get the game to get a huge following on DS, maybe the next 360 iteration wont do so bad sales wise.

wtf is going on here :lol

And I just beat Blue Dragon about 40 minutes ago. What a pleasant coincidence. (OMG awesome ending!)

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in this!

ethelred

So the ccg is different from the DS game and it's the ccg featured in the second scan. However, I can't make heads or tails of the image (which I assume is the DS game) in the first scan. What is it supposed to be?

duckroll

Eteric Rice said:
It looks like a first person RPG...

No, that's neither first person, nor is that a screen of any RPG. That's one of the 5 minigames you can play "outside of battles." It's not clear if these "battles" are like a fighting game, a card game or a RPG. :lol

FateBreaker said:
wtf is going on here :lol

And I just beat Blue Dragon about 40 minutes ago. What a pleasant coincidence. (OMG awesome ending!)

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in this!

Glad you liked it. What's with all the shitty US reviews? :(

FIREBABY

What the hell. So if it doesn't sell on 360 move it to DS? I ain't complaining. I love my DS, and it would get even more play time with this game.

Aeris130

FIREBABY said:
What the hell. So if it doesn't sell, move it to DS?

Fixed. The benefits of being market leader (at least in one part of the market) in the 3 major regions, having the largest userbase as well as the lowest development costs.

If it is Blue Dragon: Party Poo or anything similar, I will not touch it. If it is a 2D RPG or even a rogue-like, count me in.

Either way, I quess it could prove to be a good move for Mistwalker.

ethelred

duckroll said:
No, that's neither first person, nor is that a screen of any RPG. That's one of the 5 minigames you can play "outside of battles." It's not clear if these "battles" are like a fighting game, a card game or a RPG.

Still, what's here doesn't look all that good, especially after seeing FF4 and ToI and even ASH. It's also annoying that they unveil the game and it's minigames they choose to focus on. Pretty disappointing in all -- when we first heard the rumours of BD DS I thought it'd be great because not only could we see another high quality old school portable RPG but that it could also really help push the franchise on the 360. This looks pretty meh.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bubblicious said:
Maybe Mistwalker are making the DS version to fund the costs for Blue Dragon 2 (360).:lol

works for team ninja and ninja gaiden...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Eteric Rice said:
I have to wonder if the DS Blue Dragon will sell more than the main game... :lol
Probably, yes. Just like Viva Pinata DS might sell more than the 360 version

Spawn99

Banned
I'm playing throught Blue Dragon right now (just started) and am really digging it.

I doubt I'll play the card game.

ethelred

Eteric Rice said:
I have to wonder if the DS Blue Dragon will sell more than the main game... :lol

Ideally... That'd be the whole point of the venture. By inntroducing some side stuff like the anime, card game, and DS game, Sakaguchi can expand the awareness and popularity of the franchise and therefore help the second 360 game sell better than the first. Sakaguchi wouldn't be putting the series on the DS if he didn't think its broader base would help Blue Dragon.

Why do you find that so funny? Seems like a pretty canny marketing plan to me.

Tobor

m0dus said:
I'm playing through the game right now, about 30 hrs in. the hate people have for it is ridiculous. It's certainly not for everyone, but it's definitely a high-quality production, and it's very enjoyable.

QFT. Great game.

Top Bottom