• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (new?) scans

Orodreth

Blimblim said:
What the hell is he looking at? :)
bdhe.jpg

This one is worse XD:

748_0007.jpg

clashfan

Blue Dragon is getting better and better. The world looks really alive. Artoon is going to improve their reputation.

everytime I see that kid staring off into the distance or standing next to a women, I find my hand reaching towards a hard object...the boy wants to grow up fast

Orodreth

clashfan said:
There seems to be alot of references to "Perfect Blue". What is Perfect Blue?

i suppose you´re talking about the pedo bear image. Its a joke.

Perfect Blue is a great anime movie (psycho thriller) by Satoshi Kon.

kevm3

I like how the characters look, how the characters, dragons and enemies animate in battle, and the water looks especially lovely. On the other hand, some of the environments look a bit bland.

clashfan

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Why does it say "Bird Studio/Mistwalker" at the end?

I was expecting "Artoon/Mistwalker".

I think Bird Studio is a company founded by Akira Toriyama, so maybe that's why it's in the credits.

Carlisle

mintylurb said:
Indeed, it is creepy :d. That little girl looks like a kid version of Chi-Chi..

All of Toriyama's character designs look like DBZ characters with swapped color palettes. But since it's a sin to knock Toriyama, pretend I didn't say that.

Carlisle said:
All of Toriyama's character designs look like DBZ characters with swapped color palettes. But since it's a sin to knock Toriyama, pretend I didn't say that.

well, it certainly isnt a sin....toriyama, really did have a huge effect....but his style has been infinitely surpassed....yeah, its not that great anymore at all...

peace

reriel

so, in japan is already friday, and I can't access official site, someone can see if there's already a new trailer ?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
reriel said:
so, in japan is already friday, and I can't access official site, someone can see if there's already a new trailer ?
It's usually updated at the end of the work day in Japan, so it should be online in about 15 hours or so. It's too late to be done today.

Koren

Screenboy said:
looks awesome.
But Artoon being involved is the best hype inhibitor I can imagine :)

They seems to always publish games that can be reviewed by "OK game, some nice ideas, some flaws. Could have been better, didn't live up to expectations".

clashfan

Koren said:
But Artoon being involved is the best hype inhibitor I can imagine :)

They seems to always publish games that can be reviewed by "OK game, some nice ideas, some flaws. Could have been better, didn't live up to expectations".

Artoon is a concern but they are just doing the technical work and Mistwalker is doing the design so hopefully it will turn out great. The Blinx games did have pretty good technology for it's time.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I have high hopes for this game. I don't think Microsoft would hype it this much in Japan if they weren't confident in its quality, that would be really embarrasing for them.

My only worry is that they are gonna use those god-awful J-rock tracks in the game itself...

I really like those character designs, even if they are a typical.

Can we look forward to a Q1 07 release? blim? anyone?

Even though the art is incredibly generic and poopy, the game manages to look great in motion. Holy crap at the rock music. My ears are bleeding!!!!
I am actually more interested in this than Lost odyssey.

duckroll

They have the same goddamn name too. If Sakaguchi is actually recycling enemies, it'll be really disappointing. Otherwise I hope the entire Lost Odyssey demo was really just a bunch of placeholders. :(

nelsonroyale said:
umm, yeah...thats easily achievable....I mean technically, gears of war is leagues ahead of BD

peace

If you saw that scene in motion, it looked CG. Not every game is going to easily achieve graphics like Gears.

vspectra06 said:
If you saw that scene in motion, it looked CG. Not every game is going to easily achieve graphics like Gears.

yes I understand, the smooth look...although the cg in this game is nice enough in style, not impressive cg at all though...good move though, to sync it with the gameplay....I prefer that in some ways...anyway, from some of the vids I actually get a bit of a pc look

peace

Top Bottom