• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO Wkd 06•16-18•17 - Queen is dethroned, all hail McQueen, ScarJo roughed up

kswiston

Fox should just go for broke and make the kids FF film as ridiculous as possible. They also own the rights to Home Alone. Make it a reboot of both.

I really wish the MCU could get Doctor Doom.

He deserves better. One of the best Marvel villains that is constantly tethered to the FF movie deal.

3N16MA

Banned
Fox figured that adults wouldn't fall for their shitty FF films so now they hope kids will be gullible enough.

Keep on digging.

Nah, no thanks. You're already trying to kickstart another reboot even when it hasn't even been two full years since Trank's adaptation bombed? And you're once again doing it by yourselves despite the fact that you've proven you cannot get this shit right at least three times already? Even Sony took the hint and struck a deal with the MCU when ASM2 underperformed.

As long as Fox owns the rights to make the films, the FF are likely cursed to have terrible movies by this point, irregardless of what style they take.

Lima

I wonder if the heatwave in Cali is going to have an effect on people wanting to be in a theater to escape triple digit heat.

This concept is completely alien to German people. Theaters are empty when it's hot and nice outside. Bars, Cafes etc. are full.

Anth0ny

just wait til they see how much better spidey does as a part of the mcu

they'll work out a deal to make fantastic phase 4 happen.

Constantin Film owns the rights, actually

Ah right, keep forgetting about that. Doesn't help that all of their films have been distributed by Fox.

Though I thought I read somewhere that Constantin actually didn't produce the 2015 film, they were just credited for it because they own the rights. Could be wrong though.

El Topo

Though I thought I read somewhere that Constantin actually didn't produce the 2015 film, they were just credited for it because they own the rights. Could be wrong though.

Pretty sure Constantin, while they almost assuredly own the rights, don't have much to do with the actual movie production.

Depends.
But I think it doesnt have anything to do with this. "We" (nor necessary me included) just like to do other stuff when its hot.

Yep, same in Sweden. It's why my cinema/workplace is closed for the next two weeks(and because most of us are going on vacation). It's "low season" for non-blockbuster movies.

kswiston

Depends.
But I think it doesnt have anything to do with this. "We" (nor necessary me included) just like to do other stuff when its hot.

I guess some of this might be average temperatures.

What is hot in Germany?

I mean, do you want to be outside in some of the temperatures the US is experiencing?

acttemp_1280x720.jpg

Keep in mind that 30C is 86F if you are not familiar with Fahrenheit.

EDIT: I am in Canada, where it isn't quite as hot as the worst above, but we had a couple of days that were 34-35C with a humidex over 45C last week. No to going outside for very long during that heat.

What is hot in Germany?

I mean, do you want to be outside in some of the temperatures the US is experiencing?

acttemp_1280x720.jpg

One of my German professors put it best: a little heat is amazing, four months' worth is agony.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Should be around 25-35 Degree Celsius. Everything above that can happen 2,3 times a year but is not common.

We are a bit strange in this regards. Nobody has air conditioners in the houses because everyone is afraid to get sick from the "Zugluft"/ the cold air. We are crazy people sometimes, I bought a good air conditioner two weeks ago and it were the best invested 20€ of the whole year

Lima

What is hot in Germany?

Yeah see my edit.

Sounds like hell on earth. Arizona especially. WhywouldyoulivethereAdamOrth.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Lol no

MCU can't get villains right either. I really pray they don't drop the ball on Thanos

Loki & Ego the Living Planet are great

Mordo, Klaue & Zemo are all off to to great starts

Thanos is the main character in Infinity War & he's already slowly being built through Gamora & Nebula's conversations

J_Viper

Those who were fleshed out over multiple movies were pretty good
Only villain who been in multiple movies that I can recall is Loki, who's alright.

I liked the villain for GotG 2.
I enjoyed him too, but because of its
Kurt Russell
, not because he was a particularly well crafted villain

Loki & Ego the Living Planet are great

Mordo, Klaue & Zemo are all off to to great starts

Thanos is the main character in Infinity War & he's already slowly being built through Gamora & Nebula's conversations
Don't know if we can count Mordo yet since he doesn't turn till the very end

Klaw was so terrible in Ultron, with that "cuddlefish" conversation being the lowest point of AoU. And I love Andy Serkis.

Zemo was well performed, but I don't find him too memorable.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Only villain who been in multiple movies that I can recall is Loki, who's alright.

I enjoyed him too, but because of its
Kurt Russell
, not because he was a particularly well crafted villain
You are booth times in the minority with that opinion.

But its ok, its a meme now that Marvel villains are shit, so they are also when they are not.
Its like with the TV movie look.

Top Bottom