• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BoA's mature style for her 4th album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
34.jpg

"I'm not a girl anymore!"

BoA, leaving her young girl look behind, changed her style to a matured lady. Releasing her 4th Korean album on the 11th, she revealed the title track, "My Name", on the internet music site, iLikePop (www.ilikepop.com). The most attractive point of the new album is the new style she brought to herself. Unlike her playful young look a year ago, she showed the elegant and more feminine side of her.

With the totally different look, the songs in the new album are one level higher than the previous ones. The title track, "My Name", is an Urban Dance-style song which now are popular among people in America and Japan. The melody suits well for techno clubs with cheerful rhythmic backgrounds. A staff member from SM Entertainment explained on the 8th, "This song is composed to attract the music lovers both in Korea and Japan."

The bonus and the last track of this album, "We", was used as the ending song of the Japanese version of the movie, "Taegukgi". This song sung by BoA helped promote the movie in Japan even more. In early August, the song will be included in BoA's new upcoming single's B-side track.

Just like the previous albums, many famous and competitive artists participated in the album. Young-Jin Yoo (the composer of "ID; Peace B"), a singing-writer Sang Yoon, Ziggy (the composer of "No.1"), Sung-Jae Hwang (the composer of "Atlantis Princess"), Damon Sharpe (the composers of songs sung by J.Lo, Destiny's Child, and other pop singers), and other composers worked together to help BoA bringing the biggest change to her new style.

Credit: JUMPINGSOUL.NET + solid07 forums

Her 4th album:

1k1020000635.jpg

Kumiko Nikaido said:
The bonus and the last track of this album, "We", was used as the ending song of the Japanese version of the movie, "Taegukgi". This song sung by BoA helped promote the movie in Japan even more. In early August, the song will be included in BoA's new upcoming single's B-side track.

Um... okay.

An epic about the biggest, most tragic war that Korea has ever been involved with, now with complementary chart-busting pop-single!

Suerte

Kumiko Nikaido said:
With the totally different look, the songs in the new album are one level higher than the previous ones. The title track, "My Name", is an Urban Dance-style song which now are popular among people in America and Japan. The melody suits well for techno clubs with cheerful rhythmic backgrounds.

Hmmm, what counts as "techno" in Japan/Korea? o_O Maybe a remix of it or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom