• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BodyBuilding.com Fined $7 Million For Selling Supplements Laced With Illegal Steroids

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

This shit actually happened years ago. You can't even mention steroids or ph on their forum now without getting banned. Still not sure why a retailer is held responsible for what the suppliers put in their product and mislabeled. BBB.com doesn't own those companies. Only thing I can think of is if it was somehow proven BBB.com knew what was really in it. All of those companies are banned now. It sucks cuz iforce makes some awesome shit and they have cleaned up their act. BBB.com has the fastest shipping of just about anything other than amazon but I can't get iforce products there so I gotta wait like a week to get my stash.

well bb.com did know what was in it, the ingredients weren't mislabeled (don't know where this 'laced' claim comes from). The FDA just doesn't agree that they qualify as dietary supplements. Back then the forums did have prohormone and anabolic sections. According to the PR, the FDA warned bb.com to remove the products and I guess that is why they were charged, but I don't get why they ignore every other supplement retailer which sells them.

kehs

Banned
Oh wow.

haha.

Let me go ass to grass some more then.

These guys should get fined to oblivion for the rest of their lives, every single dime they make.

dabig2

BB.com forums are....well they just are.

Love the thread with the 18 year old getting a stripper for his birthday and his grandma being there in the pics. Class.

image.php

My God, is that a pizza?

Looks like a stuffed Giordanos :D

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
This is BS. BB.com has been pretty pro-active about getting rid of a lot of the products that are "pro hormone". Their catalog isn't anywhere near as large as it used to be. Also, the government needs to check themselves before alleging bb.com is selling shit that will harm you. The FDA has approved shit from big-pharma and the food industry giants that have fucked up this nation many times worse.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What products contained the steroids? I just ate my chewable amino acids that I got free from BB.com with my whey. OMG IM RAGING SO HARD GTL GTL!!

I laughed a little too hard at this, I lost it @ Raging, and the state farm Raging Buffalo commercial was playing... HAHA!

<3 burglar

lethial

Reeeeeeee
This is BS. BB.com has been pretty pro-active about getting rid of a lot of the products that are "pro hormone". Their catalog isn't anywhere near as large as it used to be. Also, the government needs to check themselves before alleging bb.com is selling shit that will harm you. The FDA has approved shit from big-pharma and the food industry giants that have fucked up this nation many times worse.

Yah I agree with you.

KHarvey16

This shit actually happened years ago. You can't even mention steroids or ph on their forum now without getting banned. Still not sure why a retailer is held responsible for what the suppliers put in their product and mislabeled. BBB.com doesn't own those companies. Only thing I can think of is if it was somehow proven BBB.com knew what was really in it. All of those companies are banned now. It sucks cuz iforce makes some awesome shit and they have cleaned up their act. BBB.com has the fastest shipping of just about anything other than amazon but I can't get iforce products there so I gotta wait like a week to get my stash.

The FDA told them what was in it.

oh god the guy who need to shit and piss at the same time while he had a boner thread was the funniest thread i have ever read.

sangreal

The FDA told them what was in it.

Being pedantic, but the FDA told them they don't qualify as dietary supplements. BB.com always knew they contained steroids -- that was the point of the products. I only keep pointing this out, because some people -- including the OP -- seem to think products were laced with steroids. The chemicals were listed right on the label. The issue was just whether or not they qualify as supplements or drugs. Most dietary supplements in the BB industry skirt the FDA rules

Darklord

Banned
I wonder if those penis enhancements I get off neogaf has anything illegal in them. All they've done is turn it blue so far.

bengraven

BB forums are indeed amazing. There are some legit awesome threads there too, the "fat to fit" thread is one of the most inspiring threads you'll visit on the internet.

The obligatory worst date ever post. Some slightly NSFW drawings involved.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120921191

Yep, BB gets compared to GAF sometimes because it was obviously opened for it's main subject (bodybuilding vs. videogaming) but it's OT has become legendary and has a great community.

What products contained the steroids? I just ate my chewable amino acids that I got free from BB.com with my whey. OMG IM RAGING SO HARD GTL GTL!!
I was going to ask you in the fitness thread but then your post got pushed way back. Did you really try these? I am too lazy to google all the chemical names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom