• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonk 3 & Devil's Crush out on Wii U VC tomorrow (NA)

RedToad64

From Nintendo's website -

Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure
The hardheaded hero is back!

It's up to Bonk once again to thwart the plans of the relentless, evil King Drool. There are seven rounds scattered throughout the Dinosaur Kingdom, each one filled with fun contraptions and comical enemies. Grab a Flower Copter or exchange 16 Smileys at the end of each round to play up to eight different bonus stages. Or you can change the size of Bonk by grabbing the new red or blue candy items. Depending on the situation, you can change your size to bonk your way through a dead end or to get a hard-to-reach item. And if that's not enough, you can grab a friend and put your heads together to defeat King Drool in the new 2-player mode!

Devil's Crush
The exciting sequel to the hit pinball game, Alien Crush.

Shoot the ball onto the board with the Devil Shooter, then use flippers and nudging to keep it in play and rack up a high score. Complete certain conditions to play up to 6 different bonus stages. Get a “Perfect Clear” on those to earn a huge amount of points! The game’s ominous theme is enhanced by its enemies--wandering skeleton knights, sorcerers, and even a giant face that changes from a goddess to a sinister serpent!

Konami continuing to support the Wii U Virtual Console with classics. Nice to see
the best Bonk game.
Hopefully Air Zonk is next.

AmyS

Release the Japanese SuperGrafx games on Wii U VC, at least the good ones.

Daimakaimura / Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Aldynes
1941 Counter Attack

glsg90H.jpg

Shouldn't be a problem given that the Japanese PC-Engine CD version of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Akumajou Dracula X) was released on Wii Virtual Console in NA.

So much for avoiding port begging I guess.

It's actually Konami supporting the Wii U, which is even more bonkers.

I feel like in this case it's a little different. I'd be willing to bet most Wii U owners have or are trying to get a Switch.

I'm happy we're seeing these PC Engine games and hope they're included in whatever form that Virtual Console takes on in the future.

Ricker

First Bonk was awesome,never played the 2 others...did they ever put up Blazing Lazers on VC...? I loved that game.

Since Nintendo probably won't transfer Wii VC purchases to Switch upgrading them to Wii u titles helps keep your collection.

First Bonk was awesome,never played the 2 others...did they ever put up Blazing Lazers on VC...? I loved that game.

Yeah. May 18th.

Release the Japanese SuperGrafx games on Wii U VC, at least the good ones.

Daimakaimura / Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Aldynes
1941 Counter Attack

glsg90H.jpg

Shouldn't be a problem given that the Japanese PC-Engine CD version of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Akumajou Dracula X) was released on Wii Virtual Console in NA.
That's gotta be the ugliest console released. Somehow even worse than the US SNES.

Raitaro

Devil's Crush imo is one of the best video game pinball adapations ever made, with the strongest competition quite possible coming from its own series' brethren Alien Crush (which unfortunately suffers from Zelda 1 style screen scrolling whenever the ball goes to the edge) and Jaki Crush on Super Famicom (which I feel might never have been released on Western VC and remains far more obscure...).

I played the heck out of this when I first discovered it via the Wii's VC. My mom and wife, both casual game enthusiasts at best, loved it as well. Devil's Crush main playing field theme alone is worth the price of admission with its layered composition and many transitions.

Tamanator

Devil's Crush imo is one of the best video game pinball adapations ever made, with the strongest competition quite possible coming from its own series brethren Alien Crush (which unfortunately suffers from Zelda 1 style screen scrolling whenever the ball goes the edge) and Jaki Crush on Super Famicom (which I feel might never have been released on Western VC and remains far more obscure...).

I played the heck out of this when I first discovered it via the Wii's VC. My mom and wife, both casual game enthusiasts at best, loved it as well. Devil's Crush main playing field theme alone is worth the price of admission with its layered composition and many transitions.

Been thinking about trying out one of the Crush games for years. I think you've just sold me on grabbing Devil's Crush.

mao2

Devil's Crush imo is one of the best video game pinball adapations ever made, with the strongest competition quite possible coming from its own series brethren Alien Crush (which unfortunately suffers from Zelda 1 style screen scrolling whenever the ball goes the edge) and Jaki Crush on Super Famicom (which I feel might never have been released on Western VC and remains far more obscure...).

So much this, though I think the Megadrive/Genesis version sounds better.
https://youtu.be/MkMXOWFgB5M?t=2m26s

Awesome game, even more awesome soundtrack.

Raitaro

Been thinking about trying out one of the Crush games for years. I think you've just sold me on grabbing Devil's Crush.

If you end up liking it this might actually be the first case of me being able to recommend a game to someone - or anything else really - that ended in a positive result of them liking it. I know how sad that sounds but for some reason people tend to not take my opnions seriously in most cases.

Do report back in other words (even if you didn't like it; I promise won't be too hurt)!

So much this, though I think the Megadrive/Genesis version sounds better.
https://youtu.be/MkMXOWFgB5M?t=2m26s

Awesome game, even more awesome soundtrack.

Thanks for sharing - I forgot about this version in all honestly.

Betty

Banned
You release a new VC game for a console that's no longer produced instead of your recently released new console.

Alright Nintendo, alright.

These games are probably already done considering they already released in Japan last year.

Like how the Wii kept getting Neo Geo VC games throughout 2013.

They're probably stretching releases until that final Zelda DLC launches in the holidays.

NoA still haven't put up Smash Bros yet right?

From a post I made in May:

I still hope they'll release the final four N64 games missing from the Wii Virtual Console: Cruisin', Pokémon Puzzle League, Super Smash Brothers and Bomberman Hero. Though really I only want the middle two Nintendo ones, especially Pokémon Puzzle League. My most wanted VC release at this point.

There would be something amusing about the final N64 VC game being Bomberman for both Wii and Wii U.

Actually the number of titles available for N64 VC on both Wii and Wii U is only 21.

N64 has never really been supported well. Just look at how there are over 70 GBA games available on the Wii U VC.

These games are probably already done considering they already released in Japan last year.

Like how the Wii kept getting Neo Geo VC games throughout 2013.

They're probably stretching releases until that final Zelda DLC launches in the holidays.

Looking at the list of PC Engine games which have yet to come over, I don't know how many more weeks they can stretch this out for. Aside from R-Type it seems to be specifically the Konami published stuff that's coming over.

Of what's left of the Konami games, some of these games aren't good (Double Dungeons) or kind of redundant (Bomberman '93):

Air Zonk
Lords of Thunder
Soldier Blade
Chew Man Fu
Victory Run
Power Golf
Moto Roader
Double Dungeons
World Sports Competition
Bomberman '93

These games have no English version. Some of these came out on Wii, but there hasn't been a precedent for Japanese-only VC releases on Wii U:

Final Soldier
Detana Twin Bee
Salamander
Bomberman: Panic Bomber
Battle Lode Runner

Top Bottom