• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bootleggers. The new GA addiction.

calder

calder has a briefcase filled with $1,168,537 from the organized crime.

Meh, we lost a bit of money, but it went off without a hitch. It was all done 15 minutes ahead of schedule, we had it done 5 minutes after our OC clock reset. Shame we didn't make more money but oh well.

EDIT: hey congrats Jesiatha. :) You're punctual and fast and you were ready to go before I even got to Penn, which was half an hour early, which makes you an awesome teammate for OCs. :D

Matlock

Banned
hitlist.jpg

SyNapSe

wtf we can't start a crew, that's totally lame! I finally got the first gun trained up (again), so I bougth the 2nd and started on that.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Nice one Wario64, gratz :)

Ok, I'm working on the crew aspect. not given up hope yet.

I'm currently in VF, the crew seems to be dissolving due to an internal struggle, so there may be a chance here to take over.

DON'T apply to join VF yet, leaving is VERY costly (gun & training would be lost, along with protection & up to 60% of your health).

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
If you intend on buying bullets and using it I would train up, otherwise you'll miss :)

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Anyone know why someone would constantlly be getting the "It seems this is your first time here" messages?

Deakon just signed up and no matter what we do he gets that message.

deakon

Got the game working, but I am broke. Only makin like $1 per pick pocket. Is there a better way to make cash?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
oops... VF plan backfired... o_O

Health: 62%

You are in the hospital!
You have 3 Hours 47 Minutes And 46 Seconds Left!

Currently "under the wing" of The Reborn Souls. :p

VF is the one to watch though, if we're going to get a crew slot at all it will be that one, we've got to keep an eye on their numbers, to give you an idea, If I wanted to buy VF off TribalX it would cost me either 850+ points, or $850 Million - £1 Billion-ish.

Damn, why won't they open up some more crew slots :)

Freeburn said:
oops... VF plan backfired... o_O

Currently "under the wing" of The Reborn Souls. :p

VF is the one to watch though, if we're going to get a crew slot at all it will be that one, we've got to keep an eye on their numbers, to give you an idea, If I wanted to buy VF off TribalX it would cost me either 850+ points, or $850 Million - £1 Billion-ish.

Damn, why won't they open up some more crew slots :)

WTF happend to you, did you get kicked out?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Nope, I had to leave voluntarily, and quickly, seems I asked too many of the wrong sort of questions. So had to dash under the wing of another crew for protection.

Learned a LOT about VF, and the crews in general from my short stay.

Like I said, VF is the one to watch :D

(Members are leaving in droves, all asking to be kicked rather than leaving as that way they don't lose guns/health/protection)

My defection was fortunately paid for, so it's just a short stay in the hospital and a bit of gun training to do.

Kalren

I joined up as well. ID is Kalren.

Pretty cool.

Been doing crimes, hoping to start GTAs to make a name for myself.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
crawlingpeter said:
whats a good level to reach in armwrestling before challenging others?

Probably never :p

There's no max level for arm wrestling. Obviously the people who have been playing for months will always beat you, ALWAYS! Unless they stop playing for a while and you level up 24/7

cubanb

Banned
i got a gun, but when I pay for hours in the shooting range, it tells me I will gain 0% skill. DO I need bullets before going to the range?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The amount of time you train in the shooting gallery is real time. So if you input 10 hours, it WILL take 10 hours of REAL TIME. It's best to train your gun overnight so that training is over by the next day

i used to play this game when it was called Omerta. back then there was a website devoted to listing the booze prices in real-time. is there any sort of resource for this newer version?

thanks for the suggestion wario. :D

edit: nevermind, i see a page like that posted in this thread. sorry guys

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
We need someone to join our OC in Michigan, NOW. For come reason, Dickiecrickets isn't responding to us

nevermind

holy shit in a pot, they fucked around with the game. All my training is zero, but I still have my money and rank. And a big old WTF to the missions

Edit: What have they doooone, everything is more expensive

SyNapSe

Yeah, wtf did the game crash or something? I left myself training in the shooting range.. now I have no guns (but it says I'm at 60% training)..

Also, I have exactly 300k more money than I did last night.

edit: So this is a beta, and they are going to be resetting our stats all the time? ;(

pilonv1

I put 440k in the bank, leaving me with nothing, and now I have 440k in the bank and 370k lying around. Looks like they refunded any weapons/protection/garages and reset everything, as well as jacking up the prices. I like the sound of the missions though.

this is officially what happened:

The money in game was getting to a ridiculous amount. A way to solve this would be to raise the amount of money required per item. However, it is only fair if everyone bought the same items for the same price. Everyones garages, weapons and protection was sold, and your money was returned (full price, not 65% like the Sell system). If you had a Drag or a Limo, you were given 50 points for each.

Arm Wrestling was also reset, since a lot of people got very strong using the "cheat program" that was around for a coupld weeks.

Hopefully everyone understands.

By the way,
Stealing cars from crews has been temporarily disabled until everybody has a chance to buy their garages again.

(Now would be a good time to leave your crew if you were planning on doing it. That way, you won't lose your Drag and Limo )

so wario, now maybe we can start armwrestling, eh? :D

SyNapSe

crawlingpeter said:
this is officially what happened:

The money in game was getting to a ridiculous amount. A way to solve this would be to raise the amount of money required per item. However, it is only fair if everyone bought the same items for the same price.

That's stupid. Understandable maybe, but it seems pretty pointless now. Most of these people have MILLIONS of dollars.. upping guns to 400k or something isn't going to slow them down at all. It just makes it that much more difficult for new people to move up.

It also makes the money prices look silly... I didn't live in the Prohibition era clearly, but I'm guessing a Doberman didn't cost 10 times as much as a brand new nice car.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wait, people were using a cheat program for arm wrestling? No wonder!

Buy Gun
HighStandard .22 $150,000
45 MM $300,000
MK III $450,000
Caribiner 98k $600,000
Thompson $750,000

Buy Protection
Doberman $255,000
Dead Bolt $510,000
Body Guard $765,000
Bullet Proof Vest $1,020,000
Armored Vehicle $1,275,000

Man, expensive prices! Arghh

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone know how well the missions pay you?

Mission: Coast To Coast Booze Run
Description: The wine supply in New York is extremely low, and your family is losing business because of this. You need to transport 100 units of wine from California to New York. Customers insist that the wine is from California, so make sure you don't try and get it from another state. I assure you that the payment for doing this will make the hassle well worth it. Good luck!
Transferred: 0/100

Damn, I had all the guns and protection before they reset it. Well, at least they gave us our money back. Does everybody start with the same mission (coast to coast booze run)?

Chesapeake Silt said:
Damn, I had all the guns and protection before they reset it. Well, at least they gave us our money back. Does everybody start with the same mission (coast to coast booze run)?
cant say if everyone has it or not, but i know that i do

SyNapSe

I don't think they reset the stats for your win/losses in armwrestling.. just your strength number.

edit: Jesus, these new gun prices are insane.. it'll take me forever to get trained back up. Also, how high are some of your GTA percentages? I seem to have been stuck in the 40-50 range for a long time now.

edit2: Holy shat! I was wrong they did reset wins/losses.. I just saw that Graciefer who is always in there and he is only 172:65 now. That freak Dionisius or whatever was already 1211:4.. wtf. How could he be so much stronger than others.

Kalren

Is it worth playing Blackjack, over lets say Roulette?

With blackjack, not only do you need to a good hand, but you deal with the odds of the dealer having a good hand and don't know what your next card is.

With roulette, I'm finding success playing red and getting a quick 49% chance to win.
I put small money down, but if it turns black succesively 3-4 times,I'll put a huge amount on red. I know statistically it doesnt matter, but I feel more in control of getting a huge payday..

Anyone want to chime in?

As far as the reset done, I might be one of the few lucky ones who just recently joined so I had yet to purchase or build anything.

SyNapSe

I think Blackjack is fun, roulette is a bit too random.

I haven't seen anyone post anything about Mission 1, so here is what I've done so far. I picked up a load of Wine from Cali (15 cuz I'm a Gangster). When I arrived in NY my mission screen was updated to 15/100. You don't get to actually sell the wine, so this is going to cost a decent amount. Hopefully the rewards worth it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'll have the first mission done by tonight. I hear the other missions reward you with bullets, but you have to use the bullets to kill someone in mission 3 or something

And gambling sucks. I don't gamble and I have about $3.7 mil total

SyNapSe

Wario64 said:
And gambling sucks. I don't gamble and I have about $3.7 mil total

$3.7 mill!? Are you guys making a lot of money off those OC's now? I know early on they weren't very profitable..

Also, how high are your steal percentages for GTA? I seem to be capped at 50%, but maybe it's because I'm a Ganster. :(

edit: oh yeah, I'm strength 4 now, but I imagine these guys are all STR 10+ already.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
All my money comes from GTA'ing. I don't get much money at all from OC'ing

I also get 5% interest in whatever in desposit in the bank. So at the moment, I get over $100,000 every 24 hours just for despositing my money

GTA %'s max at 50

woo, 25 more units of Wine to transfer and mission 1 is complete

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just completed the first mission:

You have successfully completed the Coast To Coast Booze Run mission. You have a new mission waiting for you. Keep up the good work! Below is the reward you received for completeing the mission:

Money: $121,574

Bleh.

Mission 2:

Mission: Duesenbergs Needed
Description: Your brother is in need of 3 Duesenbergs for an organized crime he is planning. The cars need to be from Pennsylvania, so the police won't recognize them. Your job is to steal three Duesenbergs from Pennsylvania, and ship them to Louisiana.
Cars: You currently do not have any cars which meet the needs of this mission.

Top Bottom