• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 – Troy Baker not voicing Rhys: “Gearbox Said I’m Not Coming Back

Mista

Banned
Borderlands-3_Rhys-1024x576.jpg

Not too long ago, Troy Baker – who lent his voice for Rhys’ role in Tales – confirmed that he would not be reprising that role in the upcoming looter shooter, because Gearbox had never contacted him, which unsurprisingly upset a large number of people. Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford would then go on to say that as per the studio’s audio director, Baker had been offered the chance to return, but had turned it down.

Now, in an interview with Only SP, Baker has responded to Pitchford’s response, saying that though he would love to come back, Gearbox had told him that it would not be happening, before going on to suggest that Pitchford should check his facts before he sends out tweets.

“I said I would love to come back. They [Gearbox Software] said I’m not coming back.
“Their timeline tells an interesting story. I think it’s interesting that Randy Pitchford tweeted out that I turned it down, and then he said he heard that I turned it down. I would fact check before I tweeted out to the internet.”

Boss Mog

They probably decided to go cheaper. Troy is one of the top game voice actors, I'm sure he's not cheap, nor should he be, his performances are always great.

Reon

Can't wait for low-rent "Trey Braker" to show up and voice Rhys this time, I'm sure it'll be just as good. It's Great Value after all.

Mista

Banned
Thats shitty. I guess Troy Baker is one of the most expensive voice actors now, but not even try to get him is very low effort.
Even if he’s expensive. You do realize that Atlus hired him back for Catherine and Gearbox didn’t? Gearbox is in a better place than Atlus and those cheap motherfuckers don’t wanna bring Troy back

Last edited:

Hanon

Banned
Troy Baker already has enough roles (like any bang zoom type voice actor) give it to someone who needs the job

Top Bottom